Recent content by Matias

  1. Matias

    New guy and Douglas Firs

    I have taken the extra couple of minutes to throw the line a second time to get it back around for a trunk cinch. not always worth the effort, but when it feels/looks sketchy, I'd rather be safer.
  2. Matias

    Nerd Alert

    In this scenario, I have learned to clove hitch the rope to one one of a pole/stick and use it to extend your arm/lever. Whipping it with a 6' stick using the power of both hands to whip it hard let's you get over at considerable heights.
  3. Matias

    Arbor trolley

    I wasn't allowed to pay for the fence I banged up, but I was allowed to fix it with materials my boss provided. I was happy to learn how to properly fix a chain link fence, and it took just long enough for me to really wallow in the embarassment of having the whole crew watch me do it.
  4. Matias

    Arbor trolley

    For a second, I thought you meant the machines
  5. Matias

    Walked away after starting a job today

    We got more derailers around here than a dang'ole bicycle factory
  6. Matias

    WTB Chipper in PNW

    I didn't double check but the one I see in our yard, I was told was a 10". I may have been misinformed. I don't use these things at the moment, so I can't say from experience
  7. Matias

    Petzl Midline Zigzag

    that looks like a lot more than a rumor
  8. Matias

    WTB Chipper in PNW

    He did specify 12"-14", so I didn't bother pointing out Blue Ribbons BC1000, but Ryan's 254 sounds like a match.
  9. Matias

    Walked away after starting a job today

    That's the most basic way I know to make tree stuff go away. You can make that happen in ways that are more or less useful, but so many people I see around me just make a smoky mess.
  10. Matias

    Petzl Midline Zigzag

    That's sweet! I always love learning the history of this under celebrated community.
  11. Matias

    Petzl Midline Zigzag

    I don't see what's stopping them from basically just releasing a near duplicate of the reflex but with those caveats so you can't blame them for imperfect functioning. It will also still need the Chicane to work SRT. As Gordon has pointed out, any pure mechanical will require some variation of...
  12. Matias

    Walked away after starting a job today

    I have been astonished at how bad some people are at working with fire
  13. Matias

    Alternatives to standard asphalt around roots

    I assumed it was asphalt for traffic level. if it's a low traffic area, why not gravel it? They could even just remove the section with the tree roots to reduce the expense of removing it.
  14. Matias

    Throwline training and climbing 9/28/26

    I have replaced the barrel with white sch40 pvc because the original barrel warped when I left the cannon in the hot car after taking it to the park to practice while my daughter played. Any bag that's gonna launch well generally has a snug fit and requires tamping, but I have found that one...
  15. Matias

    AJ Could Have Climbing Work For Weeks and Weeks in BC . . . .

    Wasn't there something about sharks being affected by antidepressants in the water off the south Florida coast? Cocaine's been studied too in marine life. You guys remember how well the natural world rebounded when we had to shut down for a year? It's amazing how much we are actively fucking...

New threads New posts

Back
Top Bottom