Search results

  1. Muggs

    Today....

    Good help is hard to find. I'm going to keep this bar for cutting logs with big spike nails in them. Hoping it will just sneak right around them...
  2. Muggs

    OLDS-Overhead Lowering...

    Doesn't every single tree guy own a homemade knockoff portawrap-looking-thing, made by themselves or their brother-in-law? That could be its own thread ...
  3. Muggs

    OLDS-Overhead Lowering...

    Big fan of make yer own, especially these days.
  4. Muggs

    Rope grab recommendations for rigging

    I have a Rockgrab 90 0.625 (the big one 13-16mm) that I modified with a quick-release pin to use for my fiddle block. It works alright. But I usually forget it in my bags of extra gear and just end up using a 3/2 schwabisch on 12mm prusik. Tried and true.
  5. Muggs

    Owl dead in tree

    Appreciate it Ed. Number 1 comment on that video is my lack of gloves. I was so caught up in the situation that I wasn't even thinking about it.
  6. Muggs

    Is cat rescue tree work?

    Absolutely AJ, cat and wildlife work in trees is tree work. Great work if you can find it.
  7. Muggs

    TCIA WTF?

    The future is off-line.
  8. Muggs

    Owl dead in tree

    It was delicious
  9. Muggs

    TCIA WTF?

    I don't think Mark addressed anything. I think he cut and pasted some PR doublespeak that someone else wanted to be posted here, that's why the text is all in italics. There's no way he wrote that.
  10. Muggs

    Owl dead in tree

    Oh wow, very similar position, stuck upside down. A tough way to go.
  11. Muggs

    Owl dead in tree

    Interesting climb this afternoon
  12. Muggs

    TCIA WTF?

    The fact that Mark is completely absent from the Buzz despite being very active on other social channels says a lot. When the supposed owner spends zero time here it says a lot about the perceived relevance of this forum. This place cannot operate on the fumes of nostalgia forever. Yes it was...
  13. Muggs

    Go to canopy anchor?

    Here's my homemade soft 8, and side by side with the one that Wesspur sells. I think about it exactly like a natural crotch tie-in in DdRT. Around 3" or so diameter is a sweet spot for a solid tie-in with minimal friction. So my soft 8 is perfect for that. You want the rope to just sit on the...
  14. Muggs

    Go to canopy anchor?

    Well it depends on the situation. With no redirects, it will just slide down the rope on it's own, right back to you. Usually does the same with a single redirect. If more than 1 redirect then I use a retrieval ball with throwline, or just rip the rope out and let the soft 8 fly. It might drop...
  15. Muggs

    Songs of Perfection

  16. Muggs

    Go to canopy anchor?

    Yes exactly, even quicker with a spliced eye, clip accessory cord to the splice. I used to keep a 75 ft 6mm retrieval line in a little linemug bag
  17. Muggs

    Go to canopy anchor?

    I rarely use canopy anchors anymore, but for me, in deciduous trees, the floating soft 8 is the hands down winner. Homemade one, the commercial ones are too long for my liking. Retrieves easily even with redirects and very simple to set up. I use accessory cordage as a pulldown, don't like...
  18. Muggs

    ISC Nessie

    Yeah it happens, once, maybe twice a year. Annoying. But I'm not going to base my whole setup around that. I just let 'er hang. Simple. If I notice that it's hanging in a bad spot then I try and move it before making a cut. I have gotten better over the years at being more proactive to keep the...
  19. Muggs

    WTB - CMI trolley

    Yeah it's probably mostly just to sell more gear. It is nicer with a plate though. I wanted the plate on mine for versatility. I'll use it mostly for controlled speedline, reeving is just a bonus.
  20. Muggs

    WTB - CMI trolley

    No modification needed, the rigging plate is all 20mm holes which fit the shackle pins and the pulley bushings nicely.

New threads New posts

Back
Top Bottom