Work Photos

A job a while back actually, three sort of sketchy leaning and rotten alders on a hillside above a house/garden. Climbed and stripped the first and best one to a pole, did a canopy tie there. Climbed the second one and stripped it, did a canopy redirect there, climbed and stripped the third one, piecing it out on the way back down. Then went backwards chunking down the other two. Bad trees, having a distributed tie-in made it a lot more comfortable.

0 TB 25.webp

0 TB 26.webp

0 TB 27.webp

0 TB 28.webp

0 TB 29.webp

0 TB 30.webp

0 TB 31.webp

0 TB 32.webp

0 TB 33.webp

0 TB 34.webp
 
That's actually a 'true blue' hitch on 5/8" static line, if you can believe it. Functions in SRT without a wrench or anything. Climbed all that summer on that system..
 
The 562 was one of my most exciting saw purchases when it first came out, saved up for it, finally got it, super happy, then 2nd day in a fit of unprecedented stupidity I managed to lose it off the back of the truck and ran over it with the chipper. As a result of that boneheaded incident the new “tailgate doors to remain shut every time the truck is moved no matter how short a distance” was implemented.
 
That's actually a 'true blue' hitch on 5/8" static line, if you can believe it. Functions in SRT without a wrench or anything. Climbed all that summer on that system..
I didn't look very hard at the rope, but I see it's way different. That's pretty interesting, if not a little heavy. I'm not always bothered by that so you've got me curious to try it out.
 
Yeah it was fun to climb on. I always liked the feel of 5/8" on the hands. Definitely heavy. And the lack of a heat resistant 1/2" hitchcord and compatible ascenders made it... tedious. I used to just footlock up and slide the hitch up as I went. I made a thread about that system way back then, it's around here somewhere.
 
The 562 was one of my most exciting saw purchases when it first came out, saved up for it, finally got it, super happy, then 2nd day in a fit of unprecedented stupidity I managed to lose it off the back of the truck and ran over it with the chipper. As a result of that boneheaded incident the new “tailgate doors to remain shut every time the truck is moved no matter how short a distance” was implemented.
I feel that. I was about an inch away from running over my 575 with a truck when someone yelled 'stop!'. I actually hesitated to stop because I thought he was just being dramatic or something. Glad I listened.
 
I have a jonsered “2175” which they never actually made. It’s a pretty red husky 372xpw (5 More ccs) ported by Kevin Lavanway who knows his stuff. I had it on the Telehandler and it fell off and ran it over.

:-( still need to piece it back together.
 
I spotted this broken limb in a neighbor's yard Wednesday evening. I told the elderly lady I'd take care of it.
1787977517383.webp
Which I did early Thursday morning.
1787977802768.webp
The sun came out while I was in the tree, so I came back Thursday evening to do the cleanup.
1787977802776.webp
It's been a brutally hot summer, but thankfully there's not been much storm damage in the neighborhood. I didn't stop climbing. I just stopped taking pictures for a while. My simple little climbing projects pale in comparison to the other stuff that gets posted here, but they add so much enjoyment to my life.
 
I spotted this broken limb in a neighbor's yard Wednesday evening. I told the elderly lady I'd take care of it.
View attachment 102871
Which I did early Thursday morning.
View attachment 102873
The sun came out while I was in the tree, so I came back Thursday evening to do the cleanup.
View attachment 102872
It's been a brutally hot summer, but thankfully there's not been much storm damage in the neighborhood. I didn't stop climbing. I just stopped taking pictures for a while. My simple little climbing projects pale in comparison to the other stuff that gets posted here, but they add so much enjoyment to my life.
I can say, without any exageration, that they add so much enjoyment to my life too, especially after what I just went through. Story to come tomorrow.
 
Doing some work this morning on a hackberry . Like @Winchman said it’s been brutally hot here in middle TN. The branch was at a pretty steep angle but, really good practice. I had my TIP behind me and used my working rope to advance.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6304.webp
    IMG_6304.webp
    597.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6303.webp
    IMG_6303.webp
    600.5 KB · Views: 10
Some big ones this week. Pic one...90' tie in point. 2" deadwood and tip reduction on the grass side. Can you find me? This tree was absolutely amazing. The volume of tree was just unreal. 2 climbers this prune. Pic 2 was actually upright but another amazing prune. 1.5" dead and no tip reduction. Just a very pretty tree.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6396.webp
    IMG_6396.webp
    396.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3205.webp
    IMG_3205.webp
    132.1 KB · Views: 6
Some big ones this week. Pic one...90' tie in point. 2" deadwood and tip reduction on the grass side. Can you find me? This tree was absolutely amazing. The volume of tree was just unreal. 2 climbers this prune. Pic 2 was actually upright but another amazing prune. 1.5" dead and no tip reduction. Just a very pretty tree.
Those look like fantastic climbs!! Can't say I'm not a bit jelly, sittin here in a damn office... Summer has nearly passed here and I hope to be climbing at my property a bunch this year to make up for it.
 

New threads New posts

Back
Top Bottom