rope runner pro

Steve Connally

So as I was running the Pro I then went back to the OG. I have been tending with a quickie for a long time and didn't really realize the amount of friction drag I have on ascent. I want to ditch the quickie and try some other stuff. Anybody have any hacks on the tending point they feel are superior? Years ago I had used the double leather on the Biner but wasn't ever a huge fan of that. What cool tending adjustments do you have? I just added a small loop of throwline to the original tending point but I know you guys have some better stuff out there.

RopeShield

I got to try a Pro yesterday. Just a swing off a bank and hang and descend on 10.5 platinum. Nothing special, a bit of effort to release, easy 2:1 to take up slack before the swing. Definitely smooth and very cool looking.
Watched plenty of guys running up ropes and bombing, very smooth. Everybody seemed to make it work really well
I may go this route.
Also tried the Akimbo in the same manner. Akimbo was easier to release and not much different in the taking up slack dept.
All things considered, both are near equal except rr is rebuildable
Great job Kevin. Keep pushing forward with a swivel/connector, parking brake/fail-safe, and compactness etc.
The price to buy and bring these to Ontario was near 700 hundred cdn, Nuts

Njdelaney

I got to try a Pro yesterday. Just a swing off a bank and hang and descend on 10.5 platinum. Nothing special, a bit of effort to release, easy 2:1 to take up slack before the swing. Definitely smooth and very cool looking.
Watched plenty of guys running up ropes and bombing, very smooth. Everybody seemed to make it work really well
I may go this route.
Also tried the Akimbo in the same manner. Akimbo was easier to release and not much different in the taking up slack dept.
All things considered, both are near equal except rr is rebuildable
Great job Kevin. Keep pushing forward with a swivel/connector, parking brake/fail-safe, and compactness etc.
The price to buy and bring these to Ontario was near 700 hundred cdn, Nuts
I've got lots of co-workers who are Canadian and live in the greater Windsor area so if you want to buy one and have it shipped to my Detroit address I can send it across the border with one of them for you. Free shipping to US address on those. The only fee I'd charge you is no more talk about a parking brake hahahaha. Offer is real, fee is half-kidding. Half.

Grafted_In

Steve, I've played around with all kinds of options but am back on original tending point. Switched the fishing swivel jangly bits for throwline. What tending attachment are you running? Neck, chest, lanyard?

Njdelaney

I've got an idea to use 2 circular crimp-on electrical terminals and some vinyl coated aircraft cable of a small gauge to create a semi-rigid loop. The terminals would fit on the slic pin on either side of the body of the RR. There's definitely enough room between the 2 plungers and on the head side of the slic pin for this to work because they are about the same thickness as the existing tending attachment. I'll post pics when I get it together, probably on Tuesday. I should also say that like @swingdude I don't really feel like tending is a problem but the idea of a centered attachment point is attractive because I'm sure it makes SOME difference and I think the existing deal looks like an afterthought.

Tuebor

I've got an idea to use 2 circular crimp-on electrical terminals and some vinyl coated aircraft cable of a small gauge to create a semi-rigid loop. The terminals would fit on the slic pin on either side of the body of the RR. There's definitely enough room between the 2 plungers and on the head side of the slic pin for this to work because they are about the same thickness as the existing tending attachment. I'll post pics when I get it together, probably on Tuesday. I should also say that like @swingdude I don't really feel like tending is a problem but the idea of a centered attachment point is attractive because I'm sure it makes SOME difference and I think the existing deal looks like an afterthought.
Make it short enough that the bird can't get stuck under it. 20151027_144426.jpg

Grafted_In

I tried the electrical terminal route but the metal is so soft and broke really quickly. Throwline with plastic tubbing over would be better. And like Swing said, stay vertical and close to chestie.

oldoakman

Not as well as I'd like, better than the OG, but not enough where it's gonna be my daily driver
So what is the main issue, and what do you reach for first? I have a baby bump on the OG and it is my first choice in the goody bag. Talked with kevin and there is a type of BB in the works. At this point I am planning to get one. 39buick has one that I will play with before I pull the trigger.

Steve Connally

I had tried the electrical terminals and throw line a long time ago. It worked well and I switched to the quicke. Forever I had no drag with the quickie. Now I do, so i'm back to the drawing board. Stuff changed. I lost weight, switched saddles and ropes so it's very possible I need to come off the bump and go to the original friction plate. Its funny how 1 little change in your system throws a wrench in your perfectly dialed system.

Steve Connally

If I remember correctly the id. of the newer quickie won't fit over the runner. I don't remember exactly but I think that was the issue. I don't own a new one, If I had one I probably gave it away. I have 4 of the og versions and a pile of extra slick's pins

swingdude

De' Island Buzzer
Browsing youtube which I hardly do I came across this doozie....
Real hard to watch. Youtube is a dangerous place for green arbs today. This guy needs a mentor. He has some other vids. Seems an ok chap. Just giving advice but with a weak skillset.

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom