rope runner pro

oldoakman

Ok, new question. RRP instructions show it is able to be used in a mrs configuration. I have seen comments that say the OG RR is not to be used in mrs co figuration...why not? Also, Kevin, any movement on a bump friction plate for the RRP yet? Thanks.

oldoakman

I have not used either in the mrs configuration but want to experiment with it. My OG runner will be moving to my northern gear stash and I would like to be able to use it both ways.

moss

I have not used either in the mrs configuration but want to experiment with it. My OG runner will be moving to my northern gear stash and I would like to be able to use it both ways.

I'll test with my OG RR but I imagine the main issue MRS would be to configure the working end attachment so that it doesn't interfere in any way with the grabbing movement/extension of the RR bird when you load it up. (is that actually the English language?)
-AJ

Ob2

Well a good reminder for me here to always have a backup system in place. After a few low 'n slow sessions I had my 2nd real climb on it yesterday. Removed it from my line for a redirect... and the bottom pulley assembly suddenly disengages completely and disappears in the brush pile 40' below me :nocausagracia:
Funny thing is, it look like that maybe could happen when I first got it, with the notch cut into the attachment point inside... but I played with it a bit and Notch's claims that it can't come apart there unintentionally or otherwise *seemed* true. Anyone else had it come apart like this?? We'll see what Treestuff will do for me...

LordFarkwad

I run mine like this with no problem.

I run mine straight to the bridge sometimes, to eliminate the leg interaction.
Well a good reminder for me here to always have a backup system in place. After a few low 'n slow sessions I had my 2nd real climb on it yesterday. Removed it from my line for a redirect... and the bottom pulley assembly suddenly disengages completely and disappears in the brush pile 40' below me :nocausagracia:
Funny thing is, it look like that maybe could happen when I first got it, with the notch cut into the attachment point inside... but I played with it a bit and Notch's claims that it can't come apart there unintentionally or otherwise *seemed* true. Anyone else had it come apart like this?? We'll see what Treestuff will do for me...
Happened to me a few times at first while fumbling around with it, but I think that you kind of develop a procedure for handling it, or start doing it in a consistent manner after a while, and it happens less and less, it seems.

stheis004

I have had this happen a few times and I'm still not sure what triggers it, but all of a sudden there will be pieces on the ground. Thankfully it's been during setup before I'm up a tree. I really like it for most everything, but am bit disappointed with the not so easy midline on/off rope compared to bdb and akimbo.

Ob2

I have had this happen a few times and I'm still not sure what triggers it, but all of a sudden there will be pieces on the ground. Thankfully it's been during setup before I'm up a tree. I really like it for most everything, but am bit disappointed with the not so easy midline on/off rope compared to bdb and akimbo.
I was hoping mine was a fluke, but I appreciate the shared feedback on this.

It would be one thing if it were a known, forewarned characteristic; but instead it's the opposite of one of its key advantages so specifically advertised, "doesn't accidentally come apart in small pieces that fall to the ground."

stheis004

I was hoping mine was a fluke, but I appreciate the shared feedback on this.

It would be one thing if it were a known, forewarned characteristic; but instead it's the opposite of one of its key advantages so specifically advertised, "doesn't accidentally come apart in small pieces that fall to the ground."

Yeah the first time I thought to myself I must have done something stupid /it was a fluke but then hearing others have same experience and having it happen again says otherwise

Tree-Taylor

It's happened to me a few times as well. Remember when reassembling to have the carabiner attachment piece oriented so the writing is facing you or the slick pin won't release properly.

It's my only real gripe about this device. The Akimbo is so easy on and off that it became part of my climbing style. I'm a little more hesitant with the RRP.

LordFarkwad

It's happened to me a few times as well. Remember when reassembling to have the carabiner attachment piece oriented so the writing is facing you or the slick pin won't release properly.

It's my only real gripe about this device. The Akimbo is so easy on and off that it became part of my climbing style. I'm a little more hesitant with the RRP.
Oh boy - putting that carabiner attachment point on there backwards...I had to use a stick/tool to get it disassembled again once I did that accidentally (because of the slick pin release you referred to). Not a mistake that one will make two times, I wouldn't think :ROFLMAO:

Tree-Taylor

But don't get me wrong I friggen love this thing. I've been climbing on 11mm KMIII for a while because it worked well with the Akimbo but I'm looking forward to going back to a larger line. The tendinitis in my hands isn't getting better with age...

Ob2

But don't get me wrong I friggen love this thing. I've been climbing on 11mm KMIII for a while because it worked well with the Akimbo but I'm looking forward to going back to a larger line. The tendinitis in my hands isn't getting better with age...
I hear ya. Was it the larger diameter of other lines not playing well for you with akimbo, or just the KMIII construction happened to work well at 11mm? Many variables at play, but I thought MacSwan was liking 12.5mm Workpro on the akimbo

Tree-Taylor

I hear ya. Was it the larger diameter of other lines not playing well for you with akimbo, or just the KMIII construction happened to work well at 11mm? Many variables at play, but I thought MacSwan was liking 12.5mm Workpro on the akimbo
11mm KMIII worked really well and was consistent. I happened to have it already so that's what i stuck with. If Workpro works well on both Akimbo and RRP I'd be interested in trying it out. I know a lot of folks have had success with Xstatic.

Reactions: Ob2

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts
Top Bottom