rope runner pro

Ob2

11mm KMIII worked really well and was consistent. I happened to have it already so that's what i stuck with. If Workpro works well on both Akimbo and RRP I'd be interested in trying it out. I know a lot of folks have had success with Xstatic.
I've only tried Drenaline on the RRP so far, which suffers from the line-flattening effect, leading to occasional sudden slips that's been noted on some other ropes.

moss

I've only tried Drenaline on the RRP so far, which suffers from the line-flattening effect, leading to occasional sudden slips that's been noted on some other ropes.

I must be missing something, every line I’ve used on every mechanical device tends to flatten going through the device. My experience is the slight flattening makes the release smoother not jumpy. Thinking of the buttery gold standard, the (lines formerly known as) Yale 11.7mm double braids which do flatten.

I’m wondering if what Ob2 is reporting Is more about a RR not completely broken in?
-AJ

Ob2

I must be missing something, every line I’ve used on every mechanical device tends to flatten going through the device. My experience is the slight flattening makes the release smoother not jumpy. Thinking of the buttery gold standard, the (lines formerly known as) Yale 11.7mm double braids which do flatten.

I’m wondering if what Ob2 is reporting Is more about a RR not completely broken in?
-AJ
Thanks for the break-in reminder Moss, I don't have a lot of experience on mechanicals, and this RRP has only seen about 15 hours. It's generally nice and smooth, which led me to think occasional slips are a flat rope spot issue? Some users do seem to mention lines that stay round better, though it's hard to picture how they could with the design of modern devices... Unless it were a steel cable running through there. Maybe the construction of some ropes allows for more consistent flattening?

moss

Thanks for the break-in reminder Moss, I don't have a lot of experience on mechanicals, and this RRP has only seen about 15 hours. It's generally nice and smooth, which led me to think occasional slips are a flat rope spot issue? Some users do seem to mention lines that stay round better, though it's hard to picture how they could with the design of modern devices... Unless it were a steel cable running through there. Maybe the construction of some ropes allows for more consistent flattening?

Tachyon tends to flatten less because of the third inner core (I think). My least favorite rope for mechanicals.

When I hear climbers talking about permanently flattened sections of line I think they’re dealing with a rope that’s pretty beat up and looking at the End of Service Life on the fast approaching horizon.
-AJ

39Buick

Have any of you guys that are having issues with the RR Pro coming apart had any response from Notch? Since reading this I have tried intentionally to take the pulley section apart by wiggling and twisting, pushing, pulling and the like and mine will not come apart without using a screwdriver or thin object to depress the pin on the slick pin!

oldoakman

i had my pulley off and put it back together wrong, had it upside down. Had no real problem getting it back apart and together right.

dsptech

I can take mine off easily when intentionally trying.
You just have to go easy on the slic pin at that spot.
Don't pull too hard when rotating the pin and you won't have an issue.

Ob2

Swing Rico Moss thanks I've been surprised how mediocre Drenaline seems, been trying to give it a chance. I haven't even used it that long yet, maybe 1/3 life? Was hoping it'd be similar to the good reviews Xstatic gets. Any love for 1/2" lines on the RRP or BDB?

39Buick I haven't reached out to Treestuff yet. I didn't subject it to the screwdriver, but the 5-10 minutes of pin wriggling /maneuvering I gave it when it arrived made the lower 2 slick pins seem reassuringly fixed in there... but 5 easy climbs in, with a DMM Focus swivel in place to mitigate side-loading, and it just popped off like butter and sailed away

dsptech

Swing Rico Moss thanks I've been surprised how mediocre Drenaline seems, been trying to give it a chance. I haven't even used it that long yet, maybe 1/3 life? Was hoping it'd be similar to the good reviews Xstatic gets. Any love for 1/2" lines on the RRP or BDB?

39Buick I haven't reached out to Treestuff yet. I didn't subject it to the screwdriver, but the 5-10 minutes of pin wriggling /maneuvering I gave it when it arrived made the lower 2 slick pins seem reassuringly fixed in there... but 5 easy climbs in, with a DMM Focus swivel in place to mitigate side-loading, and it just popped off like butter and sailed away
Popped off by itself?
Maybe something is wrong with yours.
Can you post some pics of that area?

Ob2

Popped off by itself?
Maybe something is wrong with yours.
Can you post some pics of that area?
No, just when removed to redirect. Wondering what method of pulley-assembly retention Notch will approve without voiding warranty. Or even better, develop themselves so it performs as marketed.

LordFarkwad

i had my pulley off and put it back together wrong, had it upside down. Had no real problem getting it back apart and together right.
It's the little carabiner attachment point that results in major re-disassembly woes, if it is installed facing the wrong way, at least in my one experience.

Tree-Taylor

20201019_082749.jpg

So I tried recreating this issue this morning and had a surprisingly hard time, except when it lined up just right. It seems to me that when the inner latch is sitting in the notch on the attachment point, the outer latch can be released if rotated just right on the frame. Specifically if the carabiner attachment is rotated upwards, as it generally would be if it's attached to a harness.

The bottom assembly of my RRP seems to have less play then others I've had my hands on. The bottom plate doesn't swing clear of the slickpin unless I put outward pressure on the pin.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom