rope runner pro

dsptech

I have the bollard set about half way with Yale 11.7 Ivy and it works good for me.
It's a little tight and maybe could use a tiny bit of an adjustment more open.
I'm about 160lb without gear on.

oldoakman

I'm probably 20-30# over listed WLL geared up. It really flattens out the line. I'm going to try it with Vortex this afternoon which is a listed rope.

DSMc

... I'm going to try it with Vortex this afternoon which is a listed rope.
I thinking you will like Vortex. I will use it with the RP and even though I'm a lightweight compared to you at about 160 it still works well. It will flatten but its soft hand that makes it so nice to climb on also allows it to return to normal much faster than firmer ropes.

oceans

I'm probably 20-30# over listed WLL geared up. It really flattens out the line. I'm going to try it with Vortex this afternoon which is a listed rope.
These mechanicals really do work best with ropes leaning towards the kernmantle side of things. I’m over 225 with all my gear on and had a great time years ago with 11mm KMIII, and even Escalator. Can’t shock load these ropes if the belay device is set to slip just above WLL. I’m pretty sure @macswan rocked 1/2” KMIII on his Runner with much success for quite a while.

Crimsonking

Today I switched from midnight ivy to poly core kernmaster, and it was a dream team with the RRP. A lot of straight up and down today, so it flattened out a bit, but performed smoothly. New favorite combination.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom