rope runner pro

Grafted_In

Hello Hello, just thought I’d put my 2 cents in on the Runner Pro.

It kicks ass.

Never seen a device so keen on letting the climber scramble about while it gobbles gobbles gobbles up slack.
Long and smooth jumps with gentle landings.
Footlocking feels like there is no device between you and the rope.
All that natural redirecting jiggery-pokery is efficiently done, sending a rope to any part of the tree, dangling the Pro off the bridge and then quite literally slapping it back on the rope.

I climb with different systems but this device put a big grin on my face today, will head back into (single) SRS for a while.

Thanks Kevin, thanks Notch team.

One last thing, if Notch are listening in, the box seems totally pointless to me, a waste of resource. And what ever you used to make the instruction booklet made me gag, I couldn’t even finish reading it before I threw it into the recycling...kinda bizarre .
Thought you werent gonna buy one! Or just borrowing?

Jonny

Is the OG RopeRunner still being produced? Probably not buying another unless there’s a hellacious sale but if it and the replacement parts aren’t going to be available in a couple years, I might wanna stock up on a couple friction plates and bearing pulleys.

Grafted_In

ODSK asked me for an impression on it, gotta say, I love it. Shared it around on site yesterday, different climbers, diferent ropes, everybody said it was smooth and no slipping. The gradation of control is top notch (pun). I will get one.
Haha I see whatchu did there. I really want to get one but thinking I'll wait for the CE version.

What rope were you running on?

SoftBankHawks

So how does it do with us full figured climbers tt?
Surely it’s OK. I am 70kg, 11.5mm Rope, number 4 setting, plenty of room to increase friction with settings and rope size.
Haven’t tried yet but I reckon this will work on 10mm, and if so will become a complete access and work positioning tool.
Very cool.

oldoakman

I appreciate the comments gentlemen, but you guys are lightweights compared to me and theatertech. The wwl of the pro is 140kg or 308 pounds. I've been hovering at 292-296 naked out of the shower and tt is around 320 or so. Geared up we essentially exceed the wll. Obviously we have concern about that.

Last edited:

oldoakman

Kevin, I see you have noticed my comment above. Could you give any insight to those of us that approach the wll of the pro? FWIW, I use both the wrench and the rope runner v1 without issue, although I have the baby bump on the runner and it makes it a bit nicer. Thanks for any enlightenment you bring.

SoftBankHawks

Without knowing which testing guidleines were used it is hard to define what that WLL means. A specific EN test (Descender, for example) can be tested to 100 120, 140 etc and than known parameters are mapped out. Exceeding these parameters is not a dangerous thing per se but is up to your discretion and wisdom.
320 is heavy, I can not speak from my own experience. If you have used mechanical SRS devices you may have some working knowledge.
My impression is that the new Runner is accomodating to a wide range of rope diameter and climber weight.

treebing

Kevin, I see you have noticed my comment above. Could you give any insight to those of us that approach the wll of the pro? FWIW, I use both the wrench and the rope runner v1 without issue, although I have the baby bump on the runner and it makes it a bit nicer. Thanks for any enlightenment you bring.
we are working on a baby bump esque option for the RRP. my guess is that this one is the same as the first in terms of measurements. Stainless steel has less friction than aluminum. if you had trouble with the OG than this one will be no better until we get the different body style. im sorry about that. i would not spend your money quite yet.

Acerxharlowii

Steve, they put the interion pin removal recesses on both sides of the bird so it will still work if you decide to run it with the slick pin facing the other way.
I reversed the pin n the original rr too. I didn’t like the pin sticking out into my hand when I collapsed the bird usually with my right hand

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom