Rope Wrench - Hitch/Rope compendium.

Brocky

It’s, unfortunately, not a Michoacán, I saw it first called a Scaffold Hitch and later as the Petroacan here on the Buzz.

rico

It’s, unfortunately, not a Michoacán, I saw it first called a Scaffold Hitch and later as the Petroacan here on the Buzz.
And here I thought I was riding a Michoacán all this time? Regardlesss I love this hitch. Follows me around like an obedient dog on a leash, eats slack, and is fast as a mofo.

You are an amazing resource Brocky.....

JeffGu

Are you telling me I am not running a michoacán? Say it ain't so Brocky..
That's exactly what I'm running, too... I thought it was a 4-wrap Michoacan spun around... I spin a Distel hitch around, too, using it whichever way it's working best that day...

You mean, which way it's facing changes the name? I think I was turning it around because the legs drop straight down, and it works better.

Brocky

You’re tying it right, it’s just the Michoacán turned 180, just as you stated. Technically it has been changed when turned so a new name seems reasonable. Jeff, you better hurry and name that 180 Distel.

rico

Blue moon, 28" Epicord 9.3, michocan 4/1. I'm about 160 lbs.

I've used a couple other types of knots and cordage and they were mostly fine, but this is completely different. Still gotta try it in the rain but it's so far it's wicked smooth in all directions.
Don't know why anyone would run anything but a 4 wrap Michoacán/Petrocan with the Wrench...

SeanRuel

We aren't all welterweights Rico, my gut demands another wrap! Maybe a burrito too while im at it

RyTheTreeGuy

I am not an utra lite (185 lbs) and I have found that with a 28" 8mm cord I can run a 4 wrap if I go under 2 (4/2) and it runs like glass...almost scary fast...but still grabs when I need it to. I think the longer legs of the 28" causes just enough friction to hold. I have also added a half rotatoon to the left eye and that seems to add just a touch more if the hitch slips a bit

rico

I am not an utra lite (185 lbs) and I have found that with a 28" 8mm cord I can run a 4 wrap if I go under 2 (4/2) and it runs like glass...almost scary fast...but still grabs when I need it to. I think the longer legs of the 28" causes just enough friction to hold. I have also added a half rotatoon to the left eye and that seems to add just a touch more if the hitch slips a bit
Those little half rotations of your eyes is the key to getting a hitch truly dialed in from day to day... If she is running a little too quick or not consistently grabbing then add a half rotation to one eye or both and your GTG...

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom