Rope Wrench - Hitch/Rope compendium.

Brocky

I think their concern is that each of the sections that are vertical will stretch due to added water weight and the rope on the floor doesn’t. Static ropes need to stretch also, more so with a rigging line, so maybe good for all types.

PastorSlaughter

Static ropes need to stretch also
Ok. Maybe I'll go ahead and wash the rope I use for hunting today. I've used it for 2 hunting seasons without washing it. It is 9mm sterling HTP and is only 40 feet long. I have a mesh bag and some scent free, dye free detergent. I can lay it out on the garage floor to dry.

PastorSlaughter

when my rope and hitch get wet, it gets more sticky
Same here. I just practiced with a wet rope and hitch cord. Wet equals grippier for my setup. It’s not terrible though. And I’d rather it be grippy than slippy! I always take an ATC into the tree with me for back-up descent method. Rain is not going to be a concern while hunting and using the RW.

rico

Nice setup. I don't understand why anyone would run a Wrench with anything but a Michoacan and a shorty tether. A true high performance setup that will give any of the various mechanicals a run for their money, while offering that sweetness that only a hitch is capable of...

Njdelaney

#163lbs without gear, Blue Moon with 8mm HRC Thermashield in a 4-wrap Michoacan. Shorty tether and a Camp Sphinx pulley which is like a poor man's pinto. I like the Sphinx with the single eye tether because it has narrow side plates and I gain a 1/4" side to side over the pinto which allows me many different carabiner options. This set-up releases quickly and smoothly and goes up great too.

Attachments

• 20201002_163819.jpg
    20201002_163819.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 78

Njdelaney

Does the Wrench bind up the hitch, or does it release without resetting it.
Looks to be a 180 degree Michoacán?
It does not bind up the hitch at all. I've always tied mine this way so maybe it is reversed from normal! BTW this is one of the eye to eyes that you made and it works great.

Brocky

If I got it right from one of your posts , it should be named a Petroacan.
That's my preferred one too.
Yes, that’s one name for it, I saw it named the Scaffold hitch before it was introduced here as the Petroacan. 180 degree Michoacán is what I use after realizing that most hitches can be rotated to make a different one. It will get confusing if each of these rotated hitches were given a name.

SingleJack

TODAY'S RIDE:
Yale Blaze; Delta TIP; Rope Wrench; Michoacán/Petroacán Hitch; SS Snap tender; Rock Exotica/CMI Bridge Swivel/Roller; MCRS Harness; DEDA Lanyard …
— Maryland (South Mountain) in the foreground
— Virginia & West Virginia on the horizon.

IMG_2119.jpeg

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts
Top Bottom