Line installation device

Burrapeg

Is that the one that got crushed / near crushed by a branch not long ago?
No, thank goodness. I have a '97 LR Discovery that is my mainland freeway rig. That is the one the RoofNest tent was on and got hammered by the fir tree that fell with root rot. The tent and roof rack it was on are pretty much toast but I was able to jack the top back up on the Disco and get it smoothed up enough to replace the broken windows (thanks, eBay and youTube tutorials) and it is driveable again. This was a big tree and would have completely flattened the vehicle except the tree had some large limbs that hit the ground first and dug in to stop the tree falling any further. I was surprised to learn that this was not covered at all under my home policy. Only if my tree had hit someone else's vehicle visiting me. In any case my policy also has a five grand deductable to keep the size of the premium down and I am not sure a '97 LR is worth that in their books.

Bart_

Tom, your second video is the happy hooker design bang on done up computerized.

And the race is on..... who makes the next version now. Bwaahahhahaha... (evil laugh)

But you have to out-purrdy Burrapeg's or it don't count. He's set a high water mark.

Bart_

Merle, I was looking at my Fiskars and my oldest one is 06 stamped in the plastic and its called Universal Cutter. The later ones are called Pruning Stik also with little dates cast in the plastic. I've got ground blades with U.S. patent number and later blades stamped with date, Originals made in Finland, later China and Taiwan. I've had several fail cracking where the strap enters the tube and just spotted another. I was about to fix it when I saw "25 year Warranty" big letters on the packaging. Maybe save yourself some cash. I'm going to give it a whirl. And what does Fiskars have to do with happy hooking ... to be seen

Merle Nelson

Nick Arais (sp) who I originally heard about those Fiskars from (posted in archives) was buying them at Home Depot and they came with a lifetime guarantee. He would just take them in and swap them for new ones every once in a while - at that time.

Interesting the succession of parts and sources you see. A long road down hill in quality.

Burrapeg

Finally got a chance to shoot some quick video of the Conifer Climber gadget I mentioned above. First bit is the type of tree I made this for, a perfect nightmare for using a throw-line. Almost a certainty to get it snagged, hopelessly tangled, etc. True, you can frequently just climb one of these free style with a lanyard, but all too often you come to a spot where the next limb big enough to trust standing on is out of reach and yet there is too much crap in the way to toss the line or a throw bag up. This gadget will reach up thru the stuff and quickly target a given limb with a single jab, using your main rope. No throw line and bag needed. The reach is only limited by the length of your pole and its extensions. I have a total of about 16 ft on mine, in four sections, and the head fits into most standard pruning saw poles. I put a hook on the side of the device so you can just hang it on a nearby limb when not using it, and it is right there handy if you need it again to move higher. Anyway, I have a couple of the complete heads almost finished if anyone is still interested in one (PM me). Both should be ready midweek.

https://youtu.be/V0wDkOKbvGI

Barc Buster

Finally got a chance to shoot some quick video of the Conifer Climber gadget I mentioned above. First bit is the type of tree I made this for, a perfect nightmare for using a throw-line. Almost a certainty to get it snagged, hopelessly tangled, etc. True, you can frequently just climb one of these free style with a lanyard, but all too often you come to a spot where the next limb big enough to trust standing on is out of reach and yet there is too much crap in the way to toss the line or a throw bag up. This gadget will reach up thru the stuff and quickly target a given limb with a single jab, using your main rope. No throw line and bag needed. The reach is only limited by the length of your pole and its extensions. I have a total of about 16 ft on mine, in four sections, and the head fits into most standard pruning saw poles. I put a hook on the side of the device so you can just hang it on a nearby limb when not using it, and it is right there handy if you need it again to move higher. Anyway, I have a couple of the complete heads almost finished if anyone is still interested in one (PM me). Both should be ready midweek.

https://youtu.be/V0wDkOKbvGI
Shut up and take my money! :) Very nice job!

Merle Nelson

Great video to show the concept of how it could work when selecting a reliable tie in limb. The dense tree you show in first of video is tame compared to some of the wind blown trees I experience.

What an innovative idea to think of adapting this tool over to tree work. And then your artisan/artistic skills to be able to make one of these just amazes me. My hat is off to you sir.

Burrapeg

A couple of people paid me and I just shipped the first two of the conifer climbers off this morning. I will be casting two or three more of them this weekend, if anyone else wants one. Stay safe, cheers, Stew

theatertech87

A couple of people paid me and I just shipped the first two of the conifer climbers off this morning. I will be casting two or three more of them this weekend, if anyone else wants one. Stay safe, cheers, Stew
What are you looking at cost wise to compensate you for materials and time?

DSMc

I am one of the lucky people that will be receiving one! I will do a post on it after I get a chance to use it.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom