Fu*%face Von Clownstick

climbingmonkey24

I’m sorry but that’s a misinformed thing to say.

There were people...healthy, young, etc. that died because of the virus. And just because you survive doesn’t mean you recovered. There are people who have long term disabilities now because of it.

This belief that it’s just elderly people or people who have prior health conditions that are at high risk is misinformed.

Jem4417

Sorry I’m not trying to get into Coronavirus, just giving Rico and Tom their quarterly hard time. Back to your regularly scheduled program

Tom Dunlap

Here from the beginning
Administrator
As a founding member of this website
Co-owner
Is it safe to say that treebuzz has a left leaning bias

Treebuzz is a-political. Politics stays in Off-topic. I've never hidden my political views, just kept them where they belong.
have I just been so outlandish
Yes you are...a person who spouts off but doesn't backup what they say when asked politely. Sounds like ranting.

Remind me...what age is Old...anyone in your family above that age?

Tom Dunlap

Here from the beginning
Administrator
I just don’t see how conservatives can safely interact on this website

This is a website related to arborculture. Off-topic is just that.

Where has your safety been threatened? This isn't rhetorical. You're making a strong allegation that I need to follow up on. Contrary to popular belief I don't read every post. If I don't hear from you about this topic I'll conclude that there is no safety issue.

Start a new thread of your own. After these thousands of comments it is plain to everyone else that this thread is NOT about appreciating the former occupier of the White House.

Bucknut

I’m sorry but that’s a misinformed thing to say.

There were people...healthy, young, etc. that died because of the virus. And just because you survive doesn’t mean you recovered. There are people who have long term disabilities now because of it.

This belief that it’s just elderly people or people who have prior health conditions that are at high risk is misinformed.
This is pure idiocy. Or perhaps sheer, blind ignorance. Are there young people that have died from Covid? Yes. But to claim that it does not disproportionately affect the elderly is simply absurd.

This from the CDC as of 5 days ago:

DAD72C64-7B96-4439-9B18-7A9C45881DE3.png

So someone over 85 is just shy of 8,000 TIMES MORE LIKELY TO DIE than a 5-17 year old.

Get a grip. Try to stop living in fear. And if you can’t do that, at least stop trying to peddle it here.

climbingmonkey24

Now you’re just blowing what I said out of proportion Buck. You’ve been regurgitating the same old stuff repeatedly.

I’m not trying to compare who is affected more by COVID because there is no way to predict who is going to have severe illness and who isn’t. But to say that it mostly effects elderly people is plain ignorant.

You call it living in fear, I call it being smart and thinking of not just myself and my safety but also of others.

No matter what we say, you just keep repeating the same old claims.

You’ve got balls to tell me to stop peddling my “fears” here when you are the one who seems to be trying to peddle his beliefs on us every other day and why we are wrong and you are right.

rico

Trumps own words to Bob Woodward-

"Now it's turning out it's not just old people, Bob. But just today, and yesterday, some startling facts came out. It's not just old, older," Trump said, according to an audio clip, and then added, "young people, too, plenty of young people."

Last edited:

Bucknut

I’m not trying to compare who is affected more by COVID because there is no way to predict who is going to have severe illness and who isn’t.
My man..... read that sentence again and then consult the above chart. The chart shows that there is literally a way to predict who is and isn’t going to have severe illness.

(At least to within, I don’t know, 8,000 orders of magnitude.)

climbingmonkey24

The point is age isn’t a full proof way to determine who is going to have severe illness and who isn’t. It isn’t as simple as who is older and who is younger.

More importantly, when you have 500k deaths and almost 30 million cases among a population, whether you are young or old it affects everyone.

Taking precautions isn’t just to protect you, it’s also to protect others.

What exactly is the point you are trying to make here?

Last edited:

Dan Cobb

My man..... read that sentence again and then consult the above chart. The chart shows that there is literally a way to predict who is and isn’t going to have severe illness.

(At least to within, I don’t know, 8,000 orders of magnitude.)
Mathematically speaking, that would be 3.9 orders of magnitude. (10^3.9=8000) Magnitude is logarithmic. Just the mathematician in me speaking.

Tom Dunlap

Here from the beginning
Administrator
The notion that is put forward that 'so what, only the old folks die' is tolerable is so totally awful! Over and over the only slice of the population that is saying this is the alleged champions of Pro Life. Awful

climbingmonkey24

The notion that is put forward that 'so what, only the old folks die' is tolerable is so totally awful!

And the sad thing is many of these cases / deaths might have been preventable.

I know someone who has worked in the COVID ICU's and is doing multiple shifts in a day at multiple clinics and hospitals, and one of the biggest frustrations among health care workers is people not taking it seriously enough, disregarding precautions, and trying to justify why they think it isn't as bad as it really is.

Last edited:

JeffGu

As a member of the elderly, expendable group of citizens who are in the high-risk zone (my wife works in health care at an assisted living home) I'd like to mention a few ideas...

The next time you need a free babysitter, forget going to your parents or grandparents. You don't want to be dependent upon folks who are on the verge of meeting their makers. Likewise, when you need a ride, some money, or bailed out of jail... call your drinking buddies.

Don't expect ma, pa or the oldies to help out with your children's college fund or to leave you something when they croak. No sense in us contributing to such financially independant, disease and disaster immune, age-resistant superheroes like you. You'll be fine on your own. And if not, and you need a place to stay, well... that also is natural selection at work. Just nature weeding out the simple-minded and weak turds in the gene pool.

If you want people with a decent amount of experience, wisdom and sense to teach your children, to mentor your teeny-bopper offspring into a productive member of society, to deal with public service and local government, to train new fire department volunteers, to fund local neighborhood infrastructure projects, to fund the campaigns of your favorite rappers that are running for public office... well, all of those are things are primarily dealt with by the old folks. We might decide to spend our time and money golfing, instead. I'm sure you'll find time to get it all done.

None of us old farts started out that way. Every damn one of us were young and convinced death was light years down the road. Those of us that survived the young and dumb years learned to recognize stupid when we see it.

I see a buttload of stupid on here.

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom