Fu*%face Von Clownstick

Burrapeg

Yes, scary. Even scarier to consider that Trump alone is not the whole problem. A sizable portion of the population is totally in love with the arsehole because he is one of them (at least in their minds). He represents to them a regular guy who has made good, a real success story, even ending up as president. Of course to anyone who has half a brain, he is not a regular guy at all; he is a spoiled, draft dodging, billionaire. A habitual liar, womanizer, egotistical and vindictive, and totally undignified or qualified for this highest office in the country. He has made a mockery of the presidency, turning it into reality TV style entertainment for his gullible and ignorant base. He has already done almost irreparable damage to the nation's checks and balances, environmental protections, and trust in government; and has cost thousands of lives with his dithering and downplaying this pandemic. Even if one considers only his own campaign promises, one would think his base would begin to notice that he has accomplished basically nothing useful. Even in the middle of a genuine, World-class crises, he is focused only on his own re-election instead of showing any semblance of actual leadership ability when the country needs it the most. To me, seeing so many Americans completely blind to all this is the worst part. We have an unprecedented level of ignorance and lack of real education now. Hundreds of ordinary Civil War soldiers right off the farm, from their surviving letters home, showed a much higher average level of education in the mid-Nineteenth Century than that of many modern Americans. It is shameful and inexcusable, and we are seeing the results right now - a completely incompetent idiot in the White House, whose only real appeal to his supporters is his showmanship and entertainment skills.

JD3000

Most well-known member
So what then is the solution to appeal to, or at least attempt to compromise with, the folks that willingly voted for this POS due to utter contempt for Hillary, and dare I say much of what she stood for?

evo

So what then is the solution to appeal to, or at least attempt to compromise with, the folks that willingly voted for this POS due to utter contempt for Hillary, and dare I say much of what she stood for?
Major buzz kill, with healthy dose of reality. I don’t care to weed through the many pages here but I think even Bucky might consider changing his views.

The problem is trump puts on a good act, on the surface. Not unlike most politicians, the system is fucked, and will be as long as their are party lines coupled with the electoral college. Water down the party lines, add a third or fourth, and do away with the electoral college then we might stand a chance.

I ran into many “who voted for the party, not the man” we need to define what the party is by the person representing the party. Kinda like saying I only voted for hitler because I was pro German labor.

I think most of Americana who votes for him or supports him can identify with him. Certainly more so than the alternative alien.

JD3000

Most well-known member
Major buzz kill, with healthy dose of reality. I don’t care to weed through the many pages here but I think even Bucky might consider changing his views.

The problem is trump puts on a good act, on the surface. Not unlike most politicians, the system is fucked, and will be as long as their are party lines coupled with the electoral college. Water down the party lines, add a third or fourth, and do away with the electoral college then we might stand a chance.

I ran into many “who voted for the party, not the man” we need to define what the party is by the person representing the party. Kinda like saying I only voted for hitler because I was pro German labor.

I think most of Americana who votes for him or supports him can identify with him. Certainly more so than the alternative alien.
I think, from my observations and conversations, is that many who voted for him would be in the "fend for yourself/worry about only you and yours/personal accountability crowd which I can certainly understand.

I just personally disagree with the other aspects of that party line that go along with it.

I've always said I dont know who I trust less, government or big business. Which rich white guy do you hate less?

evo

Buzz kill intended. Lots of sabre rattling and little talk about the middle.
This just circled back to the “lesser evil” viewpoint. One we almost all can agree on, and a massive indication that our system is playing us.
The goal should be to find common ground and focus on that, as then the root problem can be weeded out from there. Hillary is past tense, Biden might be the same in the near future... The problem then would be the Democratic Party itself, and likely is look what they did to Bernie last go around. He was a trump killa.
This goes back to my point, competition is good, as it finds a homeostasis balance with outliers on either end. Problem is with two party broken system there is the choice of a star bellied sneech or non stared belly sneech. They are both fucken sneeches, and that’s the problem.

JD3000

Most well-known member
This just circled back to the “lesser evil” viewpoint. One we almost all can agree on, and a massive indication that our system is playing us.
The goal should be to find common ground and focus on that, as then the root problem can be weeded out from there. Hillary is past tense, Biden might be the same in the near future... The problem then would be the Democratic Party itself, and likely is look what they did to Bernie last go around. He was a trump killa.
This goes back to my point, competition is good, as it finds a homeostasis balance with outliers on either end. Problem is with two party broken system there is the choice of a star bellied sneech or non stared belly sneech. They are both fucken sneeches, and that’s the problem.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not voting Trump. Just reminding everyone that Trump arose for a reason.

Reactions: evo

evo

Don't worry I'd find a way to bill you for it. But truth, y'all taking professional interns? I'm due for a paid vacation.

Make America great again? The struggle to become middle class has always been a fellatio fallacy of picking your poison, just like the propaganda of Paul Bunion. A loaner, and just work harder to be a legend, just pick your poison. A John Wayne..
Is the system broken, or is it actually functioning just the way it was designed? Make America Great Again? Great for who? The blue collar masses? The whites? The Italians? The Irish? We sided with Hitler until the last moment. Tested biological warfare on our own civilians. Hell even Britain couldn't control the colonies as they went rouge and spread outside their bounds. The Arcadians had a cool symbiotic thing going for a while, until...
How to fix what isn't broken, but fundamentally calculatedly corrupt? Its not even corrupt, it's just a rattlesnake being what it is, and always has been. I'm afraid we can't 'vote' our way outta this my friends, we are past the tipping point of 'shit is getting real'.

JD3000

Most well-known member
Don't worry I'd find a way to bill you for it. But truth, y'all taking professional interns? I'm due for a paid vacation.

Make America great again? The struggle to become middle class has always been a fellatio fallacy of picking your poison, just like the propaganda of Paul Bunion. A loaner, and just work harder to be a legend, just pick your poison. A John Wayne..
Is the system broken, or is it actually functioning just the way it was designed? Make America Great Again? Great for who? The blue collar masses? The whites? The Italians? The Irish? We sided with Hitler until the last moment. Tested biological warfare on our own civilians. Hell even Britain couldn't control the colonies as they went rouge and spread outside their bounds. The Arcadians had a cool symbiotic thing going for a while, until...
How to fix what isn't broken, but fundamentally calculatedly corrupt? Its not even corrupt, it's just a rattlesnake being what it is, and always has been. I'm afraid we can't 'vote' our way outta this my friends, we are past the tipping point of 'shit is getting real'.
Best post in a while.

JD3000

Most well-known member
Wholeheartedly agree...Fantastic post Evo...

We may not be able to vote our way out of this, but we might be able to stop the hemorrhaging?
Gotta meet in the middle somewhere. Are we capable of compromise anymore? I think so...Conservatives agreeing to stimulus checks makes me think so

Tom Dunlap

Here from the beginning
Administrator
Conservatives agreeing to stimulus checks makes me think so
Are you seeing the $1,200 check or the millions given away in the PPP? HOw can there be a justification of giving one red cent to churches? They don't pay taxes to begin with. Millions given to companies with cozy relationships with the conservatives

Burrapeg

. . . Are we capable of compromise anymore? I think so...Conservatives agreeing to stimulus checks makes me think so
Nah, the GOP just knows it is an election year and November is not that far away. They are buying votes. That is the only reason they are in favour of any help at all to ordinary people at the bottom of the financial ladder.

rico

Gotta meet in the middle somewhere. Are we capable of compromise anymore? I think so...Conservatives agreeing to stimulus checks makes me think so
So Donald finally decided to wear a mask during a deadly global pandemic, and all he had to say was he " I looked great in the mask" and that "it made me look like the Lone Ranger".

How the fuck does one compromise or meet a man like this the middle? Where is the middle ground when your dealing with people who have turned the mask into a cultural war, believe that 140,000 dead American is a fucking hoax, believe that celebrating the confederacy is good thing, and that all black men need to do to stop the cops from killing them is to be a good "boy" and comply?

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom