Fu*%face Von Clownstick

Jonny

I don’t suppose there’s any of them checks and balances that I heard about in 4th grade? Does a Republican majority in Congress mean Congress won’t do shit? I’m hearing there’s a few more GOP Reps that ain’t digging his latest crimes.

rico

Are you suggesting that its a crime for our president to pardon/commute the sentence of a man who's crimes (7 fucking felonies) involved covering up and lying for the crimes committed by our president?

JD3000

Most well-known member
So Donald finally decided to wear a mask during a deadly global pandemic, and all he had to say was he " I looked great in the mask" and that "it made me look like the Lone Ranger".

How the fuck does one compromise or meet a man like this the middle? Where is the middle ground when your dealing with people who have turned the mask into a cultural war, believe that 140,000 dead American is a fucking hoax, believe that celebrating the confederacy is good thing, and that all black men need to do to stop the cops from killing them is to be a good "boy" and comply?
Well yes, we can't compromise with the Orange One. I meant folks in general.

evo

Well yes, we can't compromise with the Orange One. I meant folks in general.
That’s the issue with polarization, there isn’t any compromise... it’s the old adage ‘divide and conquer’
Going way back to the lessons my parents tried to drive home into my thick skull (and yes I’m puking outside my mouth before I type this)
#1 take care of your self first, your worthless unless you don’t. (This falls into the you and yours category, transcending blood)
#2 the only thing you can truly change is yourself
#3 it’s easier to fix the system from the inside out (not sure about this one at all yet, as you have to sell out first to join the system).

Take home focus on common ground. Most on both sides of the fence have little trust in the gov, want more for less (taxes), and agree change needs to happen and happen soon. That’s exactly the point of ‘drain the swamp’ statement... if there can be unity in that, the compromise in the details can come later.

‘They’ know there is many more of ‘us’, ‘red’ or ‘blue’. ‘They’ know we have to be divided and polarized unless we would unite and there wouldn’t be a ‘they’ any longer.

Last edited:

Jonny

Are you suggesting that its a crime for our president to pardon/commute the sentence of a man who's crimes (7 fucking felonies) involved covering up and lying for the crimes committed by our president?
I’m trying to decide if I wanna respond with the laughing or the crying emoji.

rico

Trump's own CDC was telling him that fully opening our schools was going to be a massive risk to the lives of Americans, but Donald did what Donald does. Lie to us, blames others for his mistakes and crimes, and put his own political interests above the lives of Americans...

https://ktla.com/news/nationworld/c...e-highest-risk-for-spreading-coronavirus-nyt/

In any remotely normal version of America this or the Roger Stone commutation would have ended in
impeachment.

evo

Propaganda.. no word on what the police did to escalate... I have no fucken words now.

JeffGu

It's all batshit crazy week on planet earth... even retired game show hosts are losing it. Chuck Woolery ranted about what a pack of lies Covid-19 is, and how the CDC, libs, dems and the entire world are liars (12th of July) then announces that his son tested positive (13th of July) and how he feels for all the people who are suffering and lost loved ones. Then he promptly deleted his Twitler account. Governors are suing mayors who want masks on everyone in public places, because... MAGA and constitutional right to spread disease and something something stupid shit where's my assault rifle let's shoot the libs... tinfoil hats and straight jackets will be the new norm by the end of the month, but masks will be optional. Florida gets 13,000 new cases, 150 deaths and hundreds of hospitalizations in a single day, continuing an ongoing massive increase happening in mostly red states (apparently just to stomp the death out of the notion that blue states are the culprits) and the mortality demographic of the disease is shifting downward as the virus mutates. Now, 30 to 50 year old males are dropping like flies and the whole notion that only old folks are dying is heading down the same path as the notion that "it will go away, any time now" as well as the far-fetched idea that herd immunity will save us all.

I'm just going to hide out here in the cornfields of Dumbraska and watch the Covid-19 party people dancing in the moonlight and waving their red hats as they chant "No masks! More beer!" while burning their mail-in ballots.

owScott

Heard some right wing jack ass today on NPR talking about not wearing a mask saying" my body my choice" and something about his liberty being infringed on. Funny how when it comes to abortion these people feel the exact opposite. Also how they want the government to have control over who can get married and abortion rights which doesnt effect their lives at all. But when it comes to gun laws or laws to protect the enviroment the goverment should be hands off, and these are issues that effect us all. Hypocrites plain and simple.

IvyTree

I'm not American, so I won't delve too deep into this, but I will make a few observations:

1) Trump lost the popular vote. It wasn't by much, but still, the majority of voters thought he was the wrong choice. I don't totally understand how the election system down there works, but to me it seems a little screwy that the "winner" ends up with FEWER votes than the "loser".

2) All the people (even many up here) acting like this is a sign of the apocalypse need to chill. We seem to go through this every election (Canadian and American), but in the end most business just carries on a usual. It's not like he's going to start WW3 in his first 100 days.

3) Wouldn't it be funny if he turned out to be a good president?
And look at us now... hes a GREAT president

IvyTree

Heard some right wing jack ass today on NPR talking about not wearing a mask saying" my body my choice" and something about his liberty being infringed on. Funny how when it comes to abortion these people feel the exact opposite. Also how they want the government to have control over who can get married and abortion rights which doesnt effect their lives at all. But when it comes to gun laws or laws to protect the enviroment the goverment should be hands off, and these are issues that effect us all. Hypocrites plain and simple.
Its funny that so many tree guys are lefties. Oh well guess we won't get voted off the island

owScott

Its funny that so many tree guys are lefties. Oh well guess we won't get voted off the island
Well I am not really a lefty more of a middle guy. Its not just tree guys people in general are sick of this presidents craziness thats why you see more left leaning views. Righties come on and say how great the president is then asked to point out his greatness utterly fail based on the facts and spray nonsensical rally talking points. Then give up and fade because facts arent on their side. Anyhow welcome to the Buzz where your views and input is always welcome.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom