Covid Close To You

evo

My next door neighbor Pedro had it.

He is 62 and runs a car repair shop and is a non smoker/drinker/drugger in good shape.

He started at Suburban Hospital then after 3 days was transferred to Hopkins then a couple of week later UMD medical center. He spent 24 days total intubated on a ventilator and his wife was told he was going to die after 12 days at Hopkins Baltimore before she had him transferred from Johns Hopkins to UMD medical center (lucky for him she would not take no for an answer and knew a few who worked in the medical field) where they were just starting convalescent plasma therapy which seems to have saved him.
The big thing I did not know is that many times you are not unaware of your surroundings like when undergoing an operation under full anesthesia.
My neighbor was one of the ones who was fully aware of his surroundings just completely paralyzed and unable to communicate.....while doctors and nurses walked around talking about whether he was going to live or die like he was not there.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26178073/

In his case they had him on 100% oxygen and he said his breathing rate felt like he had just run a mile.........Meantime for days he was unaware of why his wife or family was not by his bed, wondering if they had died from the disease till one of the nurses said I am not sure if you can hear me but this is whats going on.

Imagine three weeks of this kind of torture!

By the grace of God and some fantastic work by the staff at UMD he has been home over a week now and luckily his organs and mind seem to have done well.....he even made it all the way around the block with his wife and me yesterday.
Agreed thanks for taking the time sharing this. Do you mind publicly stating the date of his first symptom to the date he was able to walk around the block?

Bart_

U.S. hit 150,000 dead today. Another 10,000 since last post. This time it was only 9 days for 10,000 people to die instead of 16 days last time.

Keep safe.

dmonn

What is so horrible about wearing a face covering while out in public? I don't get it. If it's hard to breathe through your mask, get a different mask. Just wear one of the buffs that come free with your equipment orders. They're easy to breathe through, free, washable, and at least partially effective (doubled they seem to be pretty effective based on the "blow out a candle" test).

If you want to have your kids back in school, WEAR A MASK. It'll protect your kids and their teachers. In this environment, there aren't going to be very many substitute teachers available. I'm a recently retired teacher, and was planning on subbing next year. Now, not a chance in hell. Not until there's a vaccine available. Without subs, when teachers get sick (or need to quarantine) they'll have to shut down the schools. And if teachers are sick, they won't be able to teach remotely either.

VenasNursery

What is so horrible about wearing a face covering while out in public? I don't get it. If it's hard to breathe through your mask, get a different mask. Just wear one of the buffs that come free with your equipment orders. They're easy to breathe through, free, washable, and at least partially effective (doubled they seem to be pretty effective based on the "blow out a candle" test).

If you want to have your kids back in school, WEAR A MASK. It'll protect your kids and their teachers. In this environment, there aren't going to be very many substitute teachers available. I'm a recently retired teacher, and was planning on subbing next year. Now, not a chance in hell. Not until there's a vaccine available. Without subs, when teachers get sick (or need to quarantine) they'll have to shut down the schools. And if teachers are sick, they won't be able to teach remotely either.
If I can’t go inside McDonalds or go to a gym my kid is not going to school!!

Reach

The schools here have not decided yet. Philadelphia is going virtual at least for the time being, as of the last news article I found. Closer to home they’re still unsure - a lot of the students in the cities and smaller towns are not capable of online schooling, so if they don’t have physical classes these students will continue to be left out like they have been since March.

Bart_

Aug 6 now 160,000 dead. 8 days this time if the math is right for this 10,000 people. Not good.

I have to admit I'm averse to a mask cause it fogs my glasses but fortunately I work outside and stay away from crowded situations mostly. It'e the law now here to go into a gas station or store etc and I'm ok with that.

Bart_

Another 10,000 unneeded funerals on schedule. Something's not going right. I dislike putting up this info but it might awaken some life saving behaviour. I know I was slow to mask use.

take care

Bart_

Just heard 190,000 on the news. 12 days again. Also heard about the connection of Covid to heart damage commonly diagnosed in previous times as POTS i.e. covid doesn't kill you but leaves a nasty parting gift. Athletic people turned into fainting prone people with no stamina.

stay safe

Last edited:

TreeVB

Just heard 190,000 on the news. 12 days again. Also heard about the connection of Covid to heart damage commonly diagnosed in previous times as POTS i.e. cover doesn't kill you but leaves a nasty parting gift. Athletic people turned into fainting prone people with no stamina.

stay safe
@Brandon Pankey wasn't this your diagnosis? Maybe they were wrong on your antibodies or couldn't admit it due to the timing of original sickness? Crazy stuff.

Bart_

Do I have to post the ding ding ding ding we have a winner 200,000 dead post or does someone else want the honours? It's probably today.

stay safe

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom