Search results

  1. atreeperson

    Walked away after starting a job today

    Sounds like a good move to walk away
  2. atreeperson

    The most dangerous work yet

    Sorry you got crashed into dude, that sucks! Glad you are ambulatory and not ambulanced
  3. atreeperson

    Pricing

    @chiselbit There is lots of writing on how ongoing gift exchange functions as a social glue. Money serves to close off the social tie- super good for clients, but pretty weird for family and friends.chisel Can you take the favor for the gift that it is? If so, why not? Im for real curious -...
  4. atreeperson

    Pricing

    It is important that we allow places in our lives to operate outside of money. Your friend offered the splicing and expressed no need for compensation. By paying, I think you are saying that you either didnt listen or dont trust his ability to know what he wants. I would personally feel upset...
  5. atreeperson

    Compact Bulldog Bone

    @oceans Can you repost a link to the double bdb climbing videos you made like 10 years ago?
  6. atreeperson

    More good buys

    Ill take the pinto if it's for sale!
  7. atreeperson

    What has everyone used to pull small brush/trees?

    I think so? Took that pic a long time ago but it's definitely on the rainforest side of the Olympics
  8. atreeperson

    What has everyone used to pull small brush/trees?

    I've only used the weed-wrench-over 10 years ago but from what I remember it worked pretty well, but is exhausting work. Not quite manual post hole digging bad, but close. Looking at the other ones you posted, they all look fine- I'd probably buy the pullerbear because their website is funnier...
  9. atreeperson

    Neurodiversity thread

    Side note to @evo https://onlineteaching.umich.edu/articles/the-myth-of-learning-styles/ I dont think you're using the term in this particular narrow sense, but people having a consistent learning style is likely not real, and that idea can actually hinder peoples learning. Also Sean, sounds...
  10. atreeperson

    Neurodiversity thread

    Folks reading this thread may consider reading or listening to "The Myth of Normal" by Gabor Maté. Or listen to interviews he's done about the book...
  11. atreeperson

    Am I going a little overboard with this?

    With all sincerity and good will-To my mind, this is way overboard. Why do you think black knot felt frightening that day? Had you slept and eaten well? Are you experiencing stressors or relationship difficulties in your personal life? There's a lot of stressful shit happening in the world...
  12. atreeperson

    Do I quit the best job I ever got?

    Is your family living 200 miles away from the job? Could you find a cheaper apartment like 50 miles out of work and commute in?
  13. atreeperson

    Do I quit the best job I ever got?

    Following on stumpsprouts comment about engaging with the employer on an even keel- if you have an hour, check out this podcast. imo an engaging ramble on a psych theory of how to behave like an adult with employers https://shows.acast.com/blindboy/episodes/the-psychology-of-being-an-adult...
  14. atreeperson

    Lost another friend to the trees today.

    That's awful, sorry for your friend
  15. atreeperson

    Drone use

    We have been opening and maintaining a few view corridors through 90 year old even aged red spruce forest. The longest shot from house to tree is around 2500 feet. Got the drone because it was impossible to identify the trees in the corridor from the ground a half mile away. Drone let's us...
  16. atreeperson

    Do I have a problem?

    Your problem appears to be not having a hitchhiker, roperunner and bulldog bone;)
  17. atreeperson

    CAT TUL 100

    Lol I had to do a double take, that thing looks huge with the guy in the background, like full size standing skidsteer
  18. atreeperson

    Is it time to replace the bungee on my Big Shot?

    Definitely left a raised nick that chaffed the rubber- for folks who haven't used the compressed air trick, it's just crazy how much easier it is
  19. atreeperson

    Ergovation Saddle

    Bump- does anyone here have experience with the ergovation rigid leg pads? how about fall arrest suspenders? Looking for thoughts on dialing in the Ergovation comfort Also, where do you clip your chainsaw lanyard?
  20. atreeperson

    Is it time to replace the bungee on my Big Shot?

    I my opinion DON'T use a razor blade to remove. I did that and apparently left a small nick in the coating- new band failed there in a month or so. Compressed air blown into the top of thr tube while pulling is by far the easiest removal It's less easy, but install is possible with...

New threads New posts

Back
Top Bottom