Search results

  1. Muggs

    Willow on a hot tub

    Yeah they didn't trust the tree after this and it was torn up bad. Guess I just kept my stuff on because I was going right back up once the first part was off the tub. Would have brought plywood but I didn't know what we were walking into. I basically work as a contract climber at my own...
  2. Muggs

    Willow on a hot tub

    A fun storm-damage job from a few weeks ago
  3. Muggs

    The Body Language of Trees

    DM'd you
  4. Muggs

    business value evaluation

    Most small arb businesses just end up selling for the value of their equipment. In residential, client lists often matter very little, since there is already not much loyalty among customers, and when a company changes ownership whatever loyalty there might have been goes right out the window...
  5. Muggs

    Compact Bulldog Bone

    If a huge company takes over the production of a piece of kit, they will push hard to "optimize" each and every piece to squeeze as much profit as they can from it. If they think they can sell a hundred thousand units of a device, then shaving even a few dollars from the cost of each one is just...
  6. Muggs

    Compact Bulldog Bone

    Anyone intrigued by or interested in the Bulldog Bone will find their way to Gordon, there are breadcrumbs sprinkled throughout the arb webs. There is a genuine quality there that would be diminished if subjected to the watering-down of mass production. We underground Reg.
  7. Muggs

    Bulldog OAR

    Hi Steve, I always defer to Gordon's expertise for all things BDB. What bone do you have, adjustable or elongated? I've had best results with smaller lines, especially Rebel, KMIII, and Squir, but also had good experiences with Yale 11.7 and Hyperclimb. Squir is my go-to with the bone, it's a...
  8. Muggs

    Two Rope Climbing

    I ran a 'triple threat' system a while back for a few months - 1 rope joined to 2 ropes, on a basal anchor. Made for a lot of nice setups. To retrieve just pull the one with the least friction. They were semi-permanently joined with an openable ring, which was a pain. Something easier to take...
  9. Muggs

    GRCS vs. Hobbs (great video)

    Not a realistic test by any means but very impressive. Would have liked to see a block 50 ft up, run the rope up and back down to the load cell at the base of the tree. 100 ft of rope in the system would be a good test.
  10. Muggs

    Jobber Software

    You mean just doing it all through QBO?
  11. Muggs

    Very Honest Arborist Podcast

    A business has to get at least 2X the value of what it pays an employee. Anything less is unsustainable in the long term, entropy being what it is. Every single piece of equipment is deteriorating slowly and will have to be replaced eventually. If you're only in business to make payroll then...
  12. Muggs

    GRCS mounting mod

  13. Muggs

    Simple knots, interesting evaluation of their strengths

    I've used the Daisy Chain hitch my whole career. I judge a new ground guy by whether or not they can figure out how to untie it, first try, with no instruction. I call it the idiot test.
  14. Muggs

    Any way to redirect this redirect?

    Just pull your main line back out of the pink crotch, and put a short DdRT system through there, then you are suspended between the two points and have great access to the yellow.
  15. Muggs

    Two Rope Climbing

    I am rarely able to control or tend both devices with one hand, because when I'm on 2 lines they are coming from 2 different directions. The picture I showed with 1 hand descending on 2 bones was low in a big beech, where I redirected both tails together to come down. I love that triple swivel...
  16. Muggs

    Two Rope Climbing

    My three favorite things are eating my family and not using commas...
  17. Muggs

    How to Get Power from a Pulley

    @TheTreeSpyder You always have the best diagrams Kenny.
  18. Muggs

    Two Rope Climbing

    Double bone
  19. Muggs

    Two Rope Climbing

    I love working 2 SRT setups with bones, quickly taking one off the line, moving the line as necessary, then reattaching. That's wicked on a big spready trim. What I do more often is just work the tree off a base anchor and deploy a DdRT system as a second, helper line as needed. I rip it out...

New threads New posts

Back
Top Bottom