Search results

  1. southsoundtree

    Dump bed issues

    It seems like wires are cheap and easy to replace. Possibly before or while changing the motor. What do you think @Reach ?
  2. southsoundtree

    What’s Your SMALLER Equipment Setup?

    I'm a forestscaper. The madrona treehouse property has a volcano view/ Puget Sound view that I've greatly revealed from the whole back/ partial side of the house in ways the homeowners keep saying that they couldn't have imagined. They have 2 live-arching fruit trees. There's an elementary...
  3. southsoundtree

    What’s Your SMALLER Equipment Setup?

    The 450 pound Go-Anywhere chipper. 14 hp. Narrower than a standard gate. Without the axle-widening kit, he and I got it uphill and down on trails and first floor. After running a Billygoat (13 hp walk- being brush hog), I think I can get my lawn tractor in the trail system we've built...
  4. southsoundtree

    a few random things

    Akimbo-buyer, here @the.schultz.effect
  5. southsoundtree

    Switching between SRS & MRS....

    I have wondered about simply girth- hitching a ring on a butterfly's loop.
  6. southsoundtree

    Teach me about dump trailers

    A 7x12 gives lots more loading options. Easy to get 2 machines in. Ramps can both fit on one side. Still minimal use.
  7. southsoundtree

    Spring cleaning multiple items

    I've never had one burst, thankfully. There is a market for 20 oz. vinyl bags!!!! I guard mine with my, well, no need to be dramatic...LOVE it as a 'dancing' bag after the initial bag comes down and is swapped.
  8. southsoundtree

    Broken man, extreme burnout

    Don't feed the troll
  9. southsoundtree

    Switching between SRS & MRS....

    Might help with pitch spots???
  10. southsoundtree

    Switching between SRS & MRS....

    Revolver sheaves are too small, ime. I use a Petzl pulley biner f 3:1 limb walks and hauling up a saw. I think some people prefer some friction more than a pulley friction. Girth hitch a ring???
  11. southsoundtree

    Spring cleaning multiple items

    0% lead is new to me. Happy for it.
  12. southsoundtree

    use tail to setup secondary system

    I just saw the trick for a self- tending Blake's... the tail of the hitch gets tied like a sheet bend on the termination side of the rope, pulling up the Blake as one climbs. Previously, I'd seen a Blake's tied with another Blake's to self tend. I have used zero Blake's.
  13. southsoundtree

    Switching between SRS & MRS....

    Is this the 'Secret Weapon'?
  14. southsoundtree

    Arborist/ Climber job listing details--- your thoughts

    How would you differentiate levels of climbing arborist in a job listing? As well, non- climbing arborist work (Japanese maples, orchards), RCX, consulting, etc? Some work is basic/ moderate. There are a lot a lot of trees that we climb (I climb) that are probably considered challenging...
  15. southsoundtree

    Switching between SRS & MRS....

    I'm not a fan of loose biners. I'd clove hitch the biner to guarantee orientation. Leaving that butterfly's open eye out of the equation is better. Keep the hardware away from the tree, rather that resting on/ against it. Do you normally prefer a pulley for MRS?
  16. southsoundtree

    Technique for climbing dead tree while TIP in another.

    I call this a 'V-hang'. Regularly used for trees that lifts and cranes can't access (the majority of my work). 24"x90ish foot tipped, dead cherry resting on a maple and cedar. Sorry for sideways. The ability to float anywhere in the plane of the 2 TIP and gravity is great. Add a...
  17. southsoundtree

    Rigging Point Failure

    What's the block doing above the blow out?

New threads New posts

Back
Top Bottom