Search results

  1. southsoundtree

    Tree oddities

    Looks like the freak Doug-fir I hoped to have found is a "Skagit Weeper".
  2. southsoundtree

    Saw pants sales?

    Looking for 32"x36" pants? Any deals online or pants for sale for my summer employee. I saw Zeros on sale and Husqy pants. Mostly groundwork, some climbing this year. More climbing next summer if not in an engineering internship.
  3. southsoundtree

    Today....

    Hard-leaning tallish understory maple turned upright after clearing the overstory fir limbs.
  4. southsoundtree

    Today....

  5. southsoundtree

    FREE Branch Manager "Pro" Grapple

    That's fantastic! Love the cartoon... reminds me of someone I know. Dave was very encouraging when I was making the tree career- changing jump to a BMG-mini setup.
  6. southsoundtree

    Hypoxylon Canker? :(

    Comparing the same soil under a tree in a heavily trafficked area like a walking path through the CRZ versus the general compacted area under a tree versus an unimpacted area seems useful translate what we already qualitatively know into something quantitative for bean counters. Soils are a...
  7. southsoundtree

    Hypoxylon Canker? :(

    Anyone used a soil penetrometer? https://www.agtec.com/soil-penetrometer-compaction-tester?gad_source=1&gad_campaignid=364522218&gbraid=0AAAAADfZSCarXZy2S0U9iFYbLOAGeGNPY&gclid=CjwKCAjwuuPRBhAnEiwA2Ji8emJng0fKnj1xDnlyFa8O5t6UMG-_3hyUmivfKyOoakntxErjsnkKeRoCumgQAvD_BwE I have very limited...
  8. southsoundtree

    Morbark tw280phb

    @flyingmosstreen How's your TW?
  9. southsoundtree

    Trail Cam and Wildlife Thread

    A customer that's 0.5 mile from my house/ shop had a cougar on her cam. Bear sightings near us happen, too. Sometimes, cougars are on homeowners' decks in the local vicinity.
  10. southsoundtree

    Portawrap minimun wrap, add'l wrap nomenclature

    Stubs, the original fixed bollard!
  11. southsoundtree

    Portawrap minimun wrap, add'l wrap nomenclature

    When I am not cutting And catch/ lower/ landing the 'work', my common plan is for the groundworker to catch the load, them pass the load to me, giving me a way to help/ work and reducing their tasks, freeing up hands. As practical, I'll use a rope that is less than double the height of the...
  12. southsoundtree

    Portawrap minimun wrap, add'l wrap nomenclature

    I rarely use a regular POW. Most often it's climber rig/ cut/ lower on NC (with it without a leather cambium saver with/ without stubs (zero marketing department, zero blingy anodizing, good bend radius, remotely installable, lightweight, portable, free, etc), the BMG grapple bollard, rarely...
  13. southsoundtree

    Portawrap minimun wrap, add'l wrap nomenclature

    Family came in and I set down my phone, probably bumping 'Post Reply'. Forum discussion fills waiting time. Might have been waiting outside the Fitting Room while shopping for summer camp.
  14. southsoundtree

    Portawrap minimun wrap, add'l wrap nomenclature

    Sorry. That was a partially written post about communication that was not meant to be posted until finished. Fixed, above.
  15. southsoundtree

    Portawrap minimun wrap, add'l wrap nomenclature

    edit (unintended partial post that's been finished): I try to have conversations with crew about how things went, how much effort is being exerted, how stable things feel. If things are amiss, Stop. Adjust the plan. Nail it. For the effort of a Maasdam rope-puller being advanced, the...
  16. southsoundtree

    Portawrap minimun wrap, add'l wrap nomenclature

    I have a very different, exclusive meaning for "let it run". Contrast: "snub it off"/ "lock it off". That flip is a major strike compared to a fixed bollard.
  17. southsoundtree

    Portawrap minimun wrap, add'l wrap nomenclature

    Are you familiar with sweating a line?
  18. southsoundtree

    Portawrap minimun wrap, add'l wrap nomenclature

    If fairlead pins were longer or , they would work better, from my armchair. I recall that and would love to see it. Treespyder????
  19. southsoundtree

    Oak Bramble?

    Can you reduce it out of striking distance?
  20. southsoundtree

    Portawrap minimun wrap, add'l wrap nomenclature

    Side question: who has fouled or lost some wrap a droopy POW, particularly negative rigging, particularly longer pieces, I'd think?

New threads New posts

Back
Top Bottom