The Past 4 Years

treegongfu

Trying to make sense of your posts. Everyone keeps calling people who disagree with "Trump is the devil" type sentiment racist. I can see it isn't true, and thought a definition would be a better means of clarification.

Because now, with integrity, you either have to come up with a different definition, demonstrate how they are exhibiting racism, or stop using slanderous debating tactics; or Tom will kick you out. (Just kidding)

rico

Rico is calling me racist for posting a definition of racism.

I guess I was wrong.

I guess defending yourself against a false accusation is proof of the allegation.
Absolutely not Treegong..I have ZERO reason to believe your are a racist and I wholeheartedly apologize for the misunderstanding...

I realize that you were simply asking the accused if he held racist views. The fella in question has already answered that question, and "Im the least racist person you'll ever meet" was his answer.

Those of us who were unlucky enough to read his post before Tom pulled it down know better because it was as racist as the days is long....The fella has no credibility here..

Last edited:
Surviving COVID doesn’t necessarily mean you recover. The way you’re talking, you don’t think 4,000+ deaths per day is that serious? Almost 80,000 deaths in a single month?

Yes people should take personal responsibility, I said that. But when people are being lied to told how the virus isn’t as bad as it is, or that their rights are being infringed upon because you’re being asked to wear a mask, and aren’t encouraged to take precautions, how do you expect them to do the right thing? Taking precautions, which should be a health care thing, has turned into something political.

I’ve got little to no respect for the people who don’t take COVID as seriously as it is because the rest of us who have been sacrificing in our life for the last year trying to do the right thing by others not just ourselves are suffering because the selfish people who do nothing but treat COVID-19 as a hoax or as just a cold or the flu, or some conspiracy, are only contributing to the spread and pushing us further away from regaining some sense of normalcy.

One the worst things about this Pandemic aside from all the loss, is the amount of “it’s all about me and I’ll do what I want” attitudes.
These numbers are highly suspect! Any statistic from 'Big Brother' is to be taken with a good dose of skepticism. Seasonal influenza -the FLU!, for god's sake- "supposedly" killed 22,000 people last year (CDC). It "supposedly" kills that many every year!(note my skepticism:"")
I'm sure most flu deaths, sadly, were hastenings of the inevitable. Others, unfortunately were simply just not built for it. That's a lot of people! yet no terror campaign exists. I'm willing to bet that the incessant bleating of " Grim Daily COVID Numbers" are in fact muddled by the comorbidity cases and other loosely related factors. "Colorado man killed on motorcycle in head-on collision with tractor trailer counted as COVID death" and "New York funeral homes instructed by authorities to count all their new cases as COVID related" (paraphrased). These stories, incredible as they are, should be good reason to question the motives of ALL our public 'servants' and the crap they're feeding us.
I'm not saying COVID doesn't deserve a full-court-press approach, but listening to the far-removed, disingenuous, bottom-feeders of Washington -either side!- and trusting that their flowery words of 'Unity' and 'Compassion' AREN'T lies in themselves makes you their very useful lemming in deed.
I defend Trump only because he's the first, only, and committed ANTI-Washington leader we've ever seen.
That, and he builds beautiful golf courses!

DSMc

I defend Trump only because he's the first, only, and committed ANTI-Washington leader we've ever seen...

Any intellectual and relevant information you are hoping to convey, which you do have, is completely negated by your above statement. Clearly, Trump was a disaster as a leader. That, was his job description.

We all do this country a great disservice when we settle for incompetent leaders. If we don’t expect more and demand more through action, nothing will change.

People who deal in absolutes such as “there is no such thing as race” and “everyone incarcerated deserves to be there” are the only ones channeling rainbows and unicorns. It’s pure fantasy, just a convenient way to make two dimensional thinking operate in a three dimensional world. You can’t or won’t lift the stone of thought beyond what is convenient for you or feels good. Some might call that lazy. Or stupid. Either way it’s the path of least resistance for your demographic. Easy for you, who cares about anyone else, right?
By the way, the concept of being “colorblind,” as it used to be called, is racist, and has been considered so since the 90’s. Ignoring the problem doesn’t make it go away, and silencing the experiences of entire races by pretending race doesn’t exist is wrong.
Take a unicorn ride for me with your MAGA pals. There isn’t any gold (for you) at the end of trumps rainbow.
Oooo...Someone said that all the way back in the 90s?(!) Welllll, I better just bend over and except in as long-standing fact! I rest comfortably knowing how contradictory my daily actions are to your baseless accusations. Past wrongs by any groups or individuals, race or other, should me immaterial to how we live today. The past is meant to be learned from and, more importantly, left behind! Relitigating the past never allows healing. By Identifying a race as an eternal 'victim' ("experiences" accepted as determinants), your pandering and condescension locks them into a 'class' for the next generation to carry on believing...like way back in the 90s.
My two-dimensional way may not be the neatest, most efficient way of getting things done, but it's a hellava lot more practical than playing Whack-a-Mole or chasing your tail against real problem issues.

Any intellectual and relevant information you are hoping to convey, which you do have, is completely negated by your above statement. Clearly, Trump was a disaster as a leader. That, was his job description.

We all do this country a great disservice when we settle for incompetent leaders. If we don’t expect more and demand more through action, nothing will change.
A 'Leader': yes! A 'Failure': subjective opinion. Never has a President had to endure such resistance and constant attack! An honest assessment of Trump's treatment by press, Democrats, Republicans and the Washington's functionaries would convince anyone over the age of 2 that what he DID get accomplished was a raving success.

rico

A 'Leader': yes! A 'Failure': subjective opinion. Never has a President had to endure such resistance and constant attack! An honest assessment of Trump's treatment by press, Democrats, Republicans and the Washington's functionaries would convince anyone over the age of 2 that what he DID get accomplished was a raving success.
So the current state of our nation is a "raving success"? As I said, zero credibility.

Tom Dunlap

Here from the beginning
Administrator
Anti-Washington in this case seems to mean Pro-me...not 'me' individually...the 'me' is rump. There is nothing that I have seen that he's done that has been good for me individually or to make the country and world a better place.

Again..define your terms. What is a 'raving success'? Like his business dealings he leaves another bankruptcy behind himself. This one is our Country. We got treated in just the same way as he learned how to treat people from his dad. Use them and abuse them. Success is for self no one else.

Anti-Washington in this case seems to mean Pro-me...not 'me' individually...the 'me' is rump. There is nothing that I have seen that he's done that has been good for me individually or to make the country and world a better place.

Again..define your terms. What is a 'raving success'? Like his business dealings he leaves another bankruptcy behind himself. This one is our Country. We got treated in just the same way as he learned how to treat people from his dad. Use them and abuse them. Success is for self no one else.
You just cant help, nor want to stop, hating this guy.

DSMc

A 'Leader': yes! A 'Failure': subjective opinion. Never has a President had to endure such resistance and constant attack! ...

It doesn't matter. A good leader does just that. A great leader does the same while overcoming challenges, others could not.
That is not an opinion, just the way it is. A failure is still a failure, regardless of the reasons.

You have commented on things that I agree with and others that I don't. Such is life. For a discussion to have a meaningful outcome, thoughts must merge and reach a different level. Non -flexible thinking will always fall short for all involved.

It doesn't matter. A good leader does just that. A great leader does the same while overcoming challenges, others could not.
That is not an opinion, just the way it is. A failure is still a failure, regardless of the reasons.

You have commented on things that I agree with and others that I don't. Such is life. For a discussion to have a meaningful outcome, thoughts must merge and reach a different level. Non -flexible thinking will always fall short for all involved.
Graciously accepted. BTW, Flexible thinkers taste like chicken! :) kidding!

owScott

Right out of the Trump play book, play the victim. He was such a raving success that he lost the election by 7 million votes. You seem to be trying to sell this hogwash by the pound.
Oooo...Someone said that all the way back in the 90s?(!) Welllll, I better just bend over and except in as long-standing fact! I rest comfortably knowing how contradictory my daily actions are to your baseless accusations. Past wrongs by any groups or individuals, race or other, should me immaterial to how we live today. The past is meant to be learned from and, more importantly, left behind! Relitigating the past never allows healing. By Identifying a race as an eternal 'victim' ("experiences" accepted as determinants), your pandering and condescension locks them into a 'class' for the next generation to carry on believing...like way back in the 90s.
My two-dimensional way may not be the neatest, most efficient way of getting things done, but it's a hellava lot more practical than playing Whack-a-Mole or chasing your tail against real problem issues.
Past wrongs by any groups or individuals, race or other , should be immaterial to how we live today. Quite possibly the most absurd statement ever expressed here IMO. Lets dissect, past wrongs, exterminating Jews, by any group, the Nazi's, should be immaterial, meaning it doesnt matter, to how we live today, meaning it would be ok to contnue this today. Then you go on to say , the past is meant to be learned from. If the past is immaterial why should we learn from it. These 2 statements are contradicting. These are your words I am just trying to understand what you are saying. The past is immaterial but the past is meant to be learned from makes no since.

owScott

Yes I very much agree. Too often what i keep seeing here is arguing in box. On each corner you have deny, deflect, blame and attack. You can also inject playing the victim, distract and my favorite whataboutism. We just keep turning corners within the box, people not willing to take an off ramp. I will always try and engage when a direct question is posed to me regarding a statement I make. I welcome other peoples perspectives and challenges even though I dont agree .

Yes I very much agree. Too often what i keep seeing here is arguing in box. On each corner you have deny, deflect, blame and attack. You can also inject playing the victim, distract and my favorite whataboutism. We just keep turning corners within the box, people not willing to take an off ramp. I will always try and engage when a direct question is posed to me regarding a statement I make. I welcome other peoples perspectives and challenges even though I dont agree .
We obviously feel very passionate about our respective beliefs. I respect your engagement and vigorous defense. This is the kind of repartee that builds understanding and brings us that much closer to change in our world. Provocative as it may be, it really IS, (as the crowd likes to say) the 'conversation' that needs to take place.
a good scrap, hillbilly.

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom