The Past 4 Years

Tom Dunlap

Here from the beginning
Administrator
Then what IS censorship? My points are widely shared, evidence supported and well within the bounds of social acceptability. What valid reason could you have for removing my opinion from the conversation?
1 There are plenty of constitutional law forums for you to read to understand the topic. Heck, wiki should give you enough

2 Just because they're shared doesn't mean a thing. Lack of PPE, one handing, stub and flush cuts, topping are shared too. In what world is that justification?

3 Evidence supported... certainly not from you. I politely asked you five times to provide evidence about your stance on welfare.

4 Refer back up to my iron fist inside a velvet glove. Did your parents or employer need valid reasons? What gives you the right to think that you can express an opinion and not face a consequence?

1 There are plenty of constitutional law forums for you to read to understand the topic. Heck, wiki should give you enough

2 Just because they're shared doesn't mean a thing. Lack of PPE, one handing, stub and flush cuts, topping are shared too. In what world is that justification?

3 Evidence supported... certainly not from you. I politely asked you five times to provide evidence about your stance on welfare.

4 Refer back up to my iron fist inside a velvet glove. Did your parents or employer need valid reasons? What gives you the right to think that you can express an opinion and not face a consequence?
Consequence for what exactly? why is anything I've said being construed as racist? You make some pretty presumptive remarks, I assume, based upon some non-specific colloquialism. If it must be spelled out for you, the welfare recipients I work with EVERYDAY say this exact line all the time in jest! I work with and serve ALL races here and some are much more critical of the blatant welfare abuse and waste than I am. Your opinion of me, based on some preconceived notion of what a racist is, sounds very much like the opinion I had towards the seemingly innocent victims of our 'unfair society' that drew me to work with them in the first place. That is, that these opinions are misguided and wrong. I'm the furthest thing you'll find from a racist! Unlike those who cloak themselves in righteous indignation and embrace the soft bigotry of low expectations towards certain groups, I make it my goal to call out bad behavior in the most blunt and uncomfortable language possible. A true brother's keeper! I respect and love these people enough to deliver the cold hard truth to them for THEIR good. Look at official statistics for the "poor". Bad schools, street crime, nonexistent families, obesity and apathy towards work, to cite a few. I'm not making this stuff up! I talk about it to the very ones most effected by it. How about somthing like "Kids for Cash" (welfare gaming where women get pregnant for increased benefits) as I've had the displeasure of hearing mothers chortle in our center. I'll admit I've become somewhat jaded by experiencing what goes on in such wholesale fashion. Every person I work with can't even imagine a life being off of "assistance" (such an innocuous term). My naivete cured now, I see clearly that modern, impersonal handouts such as our state welfare system only serves to keep people locked in hopeless dependency. Unvarnished truth is often times misunderstood by some to be a form of bigotry, but I see it as an act of tough love. To those who doubt me, My advice would be to go see for yourself. My cofidence is born out of personal experience growing up on welfare and seeing my family wake up and get that government monkey off our backs! (No intended refrence to you Climbingmonkey ;)) If you feel I was inferring race in my remark, then maybe you have a rather narrow and superior view on those you seem to want to defend.

rico

Consequence for what exactly? why is anything I've said being construed as racist? You make some pretty presumptive remarks, I assume, based upon some non-specific colloquialism. If it must be spelled out for you, the welfare recipients I work with EVERYDAY say this exact line all the time in jest! I work with and serve ALL races here and some are much more critical of the blatant welfare abuse and waste than I am. Your opinion of me, based on some preconceived notion of what a racist is, sounds very much like the opinion I had towards the seemingly innocent victims of our 'unfair society' that drew me to work with them in the first place. That is, that these opinions are misguided and wrong. I'm the furthest thing you'll find from a racist! Unlike those who cloak themselves in righteous indignation and embrace the soft bigotry of low expectations towards certain groups, I make it my goal to call out bad behavior in the most blunt and uncomfortable language possible. A true brother's keeper! I respect and love these people enough to deliver the cold hard truth to them for THEIR good. Look at official statistics for the "poor". Bad schools, street crime, nonexistent families, obesity and apathy towards work, to cite a few. I'm not making this stuff up! I talk about it to the very ones most effected by it. How about somthing like "Kids for Cash" (welfare gaming where women get pregnant for increased benefits) as I've had the displeasure of hearing mothers chortle in our center. I'll admit I've become somewhat jaded by experiencing what goes on in such wholesale fashion. Every person I work with can't even imagine a life being off of "assistance" (such an innocuous term). My naivete cured now, I see clearly that modern, impersonal handouts such as our state welfare system only serves to keep people locked in hopeless dependency. Unvarnished truth is often times misunderstood by some to be a form of bigotry, but I see it as an act of tough love. To those who doubt me, My advice would be to go see for yourself. My cofidence is born out of personal experience growing up on welfare and seeing my family wake up and get that government monkey off our backs! (No intended refrence to you Climbingmonkey ;)) If you feel I was inferring race in my remark, then maybe you have a rather narrow and superior view on those you seem to want to defend.
It was very telling that you chose to use the vernacular you did when imitating a person on the dole...

Your the worst sort of racist... One who is too fucking cowardly to admit it.

Mitch Hoy

All the same ripe crap you would hear from a klan member before the hood goes on.

“I’m not really racist...”. “Teach a man to fish...”

Your ideology creates a society where the haves get served by the have-nots. A hopeless life of wage-slavery sure gives people the fuck-its. You say “teach a man to fish,” intending hunger to be the teacher. Poverty is trauma. It is in no way inspiring or uplifting. No fish, no teacher is more like it.

It’s starting to sound like a real rally in here. I’m starting to think Parler was useful for containing this garbage.

It was very telling that you chose to use the vernacular you did when imitating a person on the dole...

Your the worst sort of racist... One who is too fucking cowardly to admit it.
I'm sorry, is this "dole", as you put it, exclusive to a single race? Sounds like you think certain demeaning affectations and characteristic behaviors exclusive to one race or another. I ask again, where is someone's race specified, either explicitly or implicitly, in my comment? Why must it be settled opinion that welfare, er, Dole as you prefer, and certain communication styles all automatically get assigned to a particular race? The problem with you and those so quick to judge other's intentions through your own self-righteous lens is that you always expose yourselves as the soft bigots that you are. Either that, or you're just some young, eager-to-please naive stepping up to his "LOOK AT ME! I'M SO VIRTUOUS!" moment. You're so quick to cry "RACISM" when no evidence exists outside of what YOU think fits your low standards for others. As I explained briefly in another's attack, I am intimately involved with those who've struggled with all kinds of destructive life styles ( please note I don't see it as working with a 'race', as laziness, rebellion, dependency and lack of integrity are all HUMAN issues, irrespective of race.) I'm the least racist person you'll ever meet! In fact, the racialy diverse crowd I work with ( I cant believe I'm even thinking of them in those terms because of this!) will get a good laugh tomorrow when I show'em this Thread! My tough, acerbic approach to helping others does more good, according to those I've helped, than the State's soul-killing pacification and patronizing do-gooders that "just want to help the poor little darlings".
To assume that neutral saying I made can be attributed to a particular race is indeed itself a rather segregational stance. You, my friend, see this country in Tribal dimension. Everybody in their little groups were we all celebrate our uniqueness and power as a whole. That kind of belief naturally pits one group against another simply by virtue of the differences between them. Common ground is not sought, but pushing the differences is.

Mitch Hoy

“I’m not racist, you’re racist!”
”They do it to themselves!”
”But I have diverse friends...”

Blah blah blah, I’ve heard it all before. I grew up in rural SD, which is pretty much a tacit 24/7 cross burning.
The truth is, we are all biologically predisposed to be racist to some level that varies between individuals. Being able to identify your own racism and rationally addressing it is what makes a person better. Most racists are in denial of this, which is why they plead that they are anything but racist. They really think they cannot be. At the same time they legislate for state-sanctioned violence against PoC, the industrial prison complex, xenophobic immigration laws, and continually try to gut basic social services that non-whites also benefit from. They put thin blue line flags in their yards when cops disproportionately murder black people and say “They did it to themselves.” They engage in anti-Semitic conspiracies like Q anon. They elect Donald Trump, one of the most outwardly racist people to run for office in modern history, to which they say, “I like that guy, but I am the furthest thing from racist. I have diverse friends.”
”No more nanny-state.” “Fuck your feelings.” “Build the wall.” “Lock them up.” “Arbeit macht frei.” “Strength through joy.” “Make America great, again...”.
Racism is a brand, and a very popular one. Trump knows that. So does slightly more than 50% of the electorate, which is why Biden is president now, warts and all.

All the same ripe crap you would hear from a klan member before the hood goes on.

“I’m not really racist...”. “Teach a man to fish...”

Your ideology creates a society where the haves get served by the have-nots. A hopeless life of wage-slavery sure gives people the fuck-its. You say “teach a man to fish,” intending hunger to be the teacher. Poverty is trauma. It is in no way inspiring or uplifting. No fish, no teacher is more like it.

It’s starting to sound like a real rally in here. I’m starting to think Parler was useful for containing this garbage.
You guys just love (and need) having that "Villain" class to blame for everything you don't understand, don't want to face or are TOLD to believe it. E-e-v-v-e-e-rything's Racist! Very convenient! Throw the R-word around and look at how noble and smart you think you are. Poverty in this country is defined as lacking the WILL or DISCIPLINE to prosper. Everybody I've worked with who's come out of the pit of self-delusion, as well as the folks my group has helped changed their 'Welfare Plantation' mentality, all admit that calling American citizens 'poor' is actually an insult to the truly poor around the globe! This country overflows with opportunity! If someone feels lacking in anything, go get your ass in gear and earn whatever it is you want! Schools, jobs, shelters, programs, etc. exist in every town, city or rural village with more than a hundred people living in it. You can't tell me that opportunity to improve your life isn't starring you right in the face! That is unless you 'social-justice warriors' think some groups incapable or unable to do what every successful, responsible American citizen has and must do to be something other than dependent on others. To insist that certain groups remain forever relegated to the status of 'poor' just so you have a convenient underclass to support your self-righteousness is monstrous!

“I’m not racist, you’re racist!”
”They do it to themselves!”
”But I have diverse friends...”

Blah blah blah, I’ve heard it all before. I grew up in rural SD, which is pretty much a tacit 24/7 cross burning.
The truth is, we are all biologically predisposed to be racist to some level that varies between individuals. Being able to identify your own racism and rationally addressing it is what makes a person better. Most racists are in denial of this, which is why they plead that they are anything but racist. They really think they cannot be. At the same time they legislate for state-sanctioned violence against PoC, the industrial prison complex, xenophobic immigration laws, and continually try to gut basic social services that non-whites also benefit from. They put thin blue line flags in their yards when cops disproportionately murder black people and say “They did it to themselves.” They engage in anti-Semitic conspiracies like Q anon. They elect Donald Trump, one of the most outwardly racist people to run for office in modern history, to which they say, “I like that guy, but I am the furthest thing from racist. I have diverse friends.”
”No more nanny-state.” “Fuck your feelings.” “Build the wall.” “Lock them up.” “Arbeit macht frei.” “Strength through joy.” “Make America great, again...”.
Racism is a brand, and a very popular one. Trump knows that. So does slightly more than 50% of the electorate, which is why Biden is president now, warts and all.
Sadly' racism IS alive and well because of people like you who insist on distinguishing between the races. I judge people by the decisions and actions that individual chooses to do. Prisons are full of criminals, plain and simple! You think our legal system, imperfect as it may be, is designed to target certain races unfairly? Guess what, every man in jail is innocent! Go ask 'em!:) Nobody in there is innocent! You break the law enough times or seriously enough and your ass winds up in the stir. To say one race is more inclined to be locked up is, in itself, racist. Go live amongst criminals -any color- and then tell me removing them isn't a necessary thing.
Same with the borders. You either come here legally or illegally. We either have a nation of laws, or we have a nation of men. 'Of men'...the tyrant takes over and you live by HIS law.
I get the idea that you just want rainbows and "kumbaya", don't we all, but the adults in the room know that's just silly idealism.
Your screed reads like that of one of Lenin's 'Useful idiots'.

By the way, I DO enjoy and respect this spirited exchange we're all having! Without the sparks of friction nothing takes form or sharpens down to a useful edge! Everybody in the public eye preaches the need to "Have the Conversation", but nobody wants to stick their neck out attempting to do it.
Not so here. I appreciate your engagement as it continually hones the position I so fervently believe in and understand.
Thank you

owScott

I still don’t understand, you guys are still claiming that Trump mishandled the Chinese Communist Party virus. He immediately banned travel from China and was criticized for being xenophobic. He cut through miles of red tape that allowed companies to produce a vaccine in less than a year. He empowered governors to determine the best course of action for their states. California and New York who have had the most oppressive regulations are the ones struggling the most. President Biden’s strategy: restricting travel from other countries, administering vaccines...all things Trump did. Nothing new, other than President Biden admitting nothing will improve with the virus until the fall.
Well Trump said on video the virus would go away, in the spring it would go away like a miracle, he said it was under control, he said over and over we were turning the corner he even said just before the election that after the election the virus would be gone alluding to it was just some ploy to ruin his re election hopes. He lied continually about this because he thought it was bad for him political plain and simple. All this is right from his mouth on video. What is there to not understand?

climbingmonkey24

Sitting here waiting for the next response like:

485cb190d0c265b9d5470621aea38097.gif

rico

Well Trump said on video the virus would go away, in the spring it would go away like a miracle, he said it was under control, he said over and over we were turning the corner he even said just before the election that after the election the virus would be gone alluding to it was just some ploy to ruin his re election hopes. He lied continually about this because he thought it was bad for him political plain and simple. All this is right from his mouth on video. What is there to not understand?
Maybe this will jog Highergrounds lapsing memory? I particularly like the part when Donny gives praise to China...

Are you familiar with the art of rhetoric in politics? Do you really hold Trump responsible for knowing all and doing all so as to halt the forces of nature and cure all the ills of man? Why don't you criticize Obama for saying his presidency would be the one to stop the oceans from rising? At around the same time frame, Dr. Fauci emphatically stated that masks were not necessary and would only serve to scare people. He changed his tune a number of times, but of course he's one of the 'good guys' so..."nothing to see here, folks..."
Sophomorism is a bad look.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom