Covid Close To You

Birdyman88

Branched out member
My 84 year old uncle passed away down in South MS yesterday. Not sure of all the details other than he had COVID earlier this year, recovered, then went into hospital with it recently - post vaccine - then they weren't sure, then they thought it was Delta variant, put in nursing home for 2 weeks, took a gasp of air yesterday and that was it. My only info is coming from my semi-retarded fat know-it-all sister, but I understand my cousin, who is a pretty level headed guy, is starting to wake up to the reality of it all. I loved that old guy, but I am not looking forward to going to this funeral. I can only imagine the political COVID BS that is fixing to get spewed. I'm only gonna go down for day, be a pallbearer, eat, then come home.

VenasNursery

Carpal tunnel level member
My 84 year old uncle passed away down in South MS yesterday. Not sure of all the details other than he had COVID earlier this year, recovered, then went into hospital with it recently - post vaccine - then they weren't sure, then they thought it was Delta variant, put in nursing home for 2 weeks, took a gasp of air yesterday and that was it. My only info is coming from my semi-retarded fat know-it-all sister, but I understand my cousin, who is a pretty level headed guy, is starting to wake up to the reality of it all. I loved that old guy, but I am not looking forward to going to this funeral. I can only imagine the political COVID BS that is fixing to get spewed. I'm only gonna go down for day, be a pallbearer, eat, then come home.
Sorry for your loss

Bart_

Participating member
Birdyman, beware the funeral gathering. Long time friend of mine informed me that a lady customer of his had just lost her husband. He was a pastor and was asked to preside over a Covid death funeral. 3 weeks later he then died of Covid. Only small upside was his 4 kids were pretty much grown up so mom wasn't left raising kids. This all happened a few months ago so it probably wasn't delta strain. I just talked to my friend the other day. Don't get together much with folks in recent times for obvious reasons. If you're double jabbed with 2 weeks simmering time you can rest a bit easier, accurate to 3% 19 times out of 20 as the pollsters say, which is another way to say 95% protected also means 1 in 20 times failure. Food for thought.

evo

Been here a while
I just heard of someone i know exposed to someone vaccinated who got covid.
Huh? So many different ways to read this.. You know someone who.. That was exposed to a different party who was vaxed, and this person who was in contact with the vaxed person came down with the virus? This is implying the Vaxed was a asymptomatic carrier? They couldn't have gotten it from anywhere else?

Or the Vaxed person was exposed and got the bug?

southsoundtree

Been here a while
Vaxxed person got the bug... went to a retirement party, then flew to CA, then tested positive, in a short bit of time.

I think I'll go back to wearing a mask in some situations.

evo

Been here a while
Vaxxed person got the bug... went to a retirement party, then flew to CA, then tested positive, in a short bit of time.

I think I'll go back to wearing a mask in some situations.
Gotcha. I’m hearing more of this are they holding up alright? They seem to be stressing the vax is ALMOST effective at preventing SEVERE covid.. but I can’t get a good universal idea what severe covid is. The lady who gave my kid his second dose, said ‘well you know like ventilators and stuff, I asked again ‘so they are still hospitalized?’ She said something very close to repeating the first statement about ventilators but didn’t actually answer

evo

Been here a while
We are fucked, business are loosing employees like flies, it’s a combination of vaxed folks testing positive, and those who think wearing a mask at work is stupid and quitting. A really bad combo. My county just broke our previous daily high of new cases which was December 2nd, up 209% !! Glad I got rid of my man babies who think this is all bullshit and are unvaxed. Just have to wait for the new hire to transition here.

Birdyman88

Branched out member
My wife just got off a big conference call today. Local children's hospital has had two covid deaths in last 14 days. This is a first. Positive cases before but no deaths. Oh crap, this may be where it gets ugly.

rico

Been here a while
We hit a 6 month high in new covid cases today, with Florida, Texas, Missouri, Louisiana, Arkansas, Alabama, and Mississippi accounting for half of the country's new cases and hospitizations. Wouldn't you know it, they are also the 7 states with the lowest vaccination rates.

Last edited:

deevo

Been here a while
We hit a 6 month high in new covid cases today, with Florida, Texas, Missouri, Louisiana, Arkansas, Alabama, and Mississippi accounting for half of the country's new cases and hospitizations. Wouldn't you know it, they are also the 7 states with the lowest vaccination rates.
We are down to barely any cases a day here in Ontario, Canada 80% of our province has had both shots. I don’t know anyone here that’s got it that’s had their vaccines. No ones growing a third arm yet either :musculoso:Stay safe bro

evo

Been here a while
We are down to barely any cases a day here in Ontario, Canada 80% of our province has had both shots. I don’t know anyone here that’s got it that’s had their vaccines. No ones growing a third arm yet either :musculoso:Stay safe bro
Ahhh sensible Canada…. My county is at 50% vaxed and we are all growing third arms regardless of the vax, must be the contaminated wells

Bart_

Participating member
Update. Remember the post where I learned about drug-zombied, triple intubation - you know, "treating" covid after you get it. Well, found out today he died. Another customer told me, after his wife left from offering us cool drinks, that his wife's brother died of covid. He felt crappy after his pfizer shot, kept feeling worse and when they took him in they said he got covid just before his shot. "Sorry, we can't save him."

Pretty real when it's close to you.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo BayLeafDigital
Top Bottom