Covid Close To You

oldoakman

Been here a while
We were supposed to be at UAB today but I have come up with something. I dont think it is covid and am waiting on a test appt. Had similar symptoms a month ago under similar circumstances and was negative then. Again, hope things go well for your dad and you as well.

Dan Cobb

Branched out member
We were supposed to be at UAB today but I have come up with something. I dont think it is covid and am waiting on a test appt. Had similar symptoms a month ago under similar circumstances and was negative then. Again, hope things go well for your dad and you as well.
Thanks again. Hope you get back normal. Message me if I can help you or your son with anything in Birmingham.

Neill

Participating member
Groundsman tested positive last week. I’ve had 4 negative tests since then. I don’t want to get it again( nov. 2020). Now my coworker climber has a fever and is being retested while I sit at home. Good news is I get to spend another day with my 1 year son. I’m thinking about that booster vaccine

tomstrees

It's not bad around here and it is a rough vaccine; not much choice if you want to have access and not get hit with increased premiums.

Israel was at 80% vaccination and they are being hit with their biggest wave of infections, and they are on third and fourth boosters. The Russian "sputnik" vaccine is based on a non active covid strain that seems to be lasting better than the RNA vaccines which wear out in 6 months or so.

Last edited:
So sorry for your loss, OldOak. It's always hard to lose someone, but it's especially hard to lose someone so young.

It's hitting us hard in Alaska where masks and vaccinations are really politicized. Many of our hands refuse to get vaccinated, even though the virus is affecting us in our own shops. We have mask mandates in all three locations and still out of 30 employees we've got:
  • Out sick with Covid: 2
  • Close contacts awaiting results: 4
  • Self-isolation/Quarantine: 4
  • Out due to family death from Covid: 1
Is anyone requiring proof of vaccination or doing frequent testing? If testing, how do you handle it?

Last edited:

DSMc

Been here a while

Sure wish we could keep politics and finger pointing out of every discussion. Sometimes there are other reasons for what we see.

Scroll down this link to the map and you will clearly see this does not follow party lines or even vaccination rates

rico

Been here a while
But it has gone way beyond the autism argument Tom. It is now a deeply partisan issue which is at the front lines of the culture wars, and the new anti-vaxxer untruth tellers are much more sinister. Yet another very important issue facing America in which the minority is holding the majority hostage.

Last edited:

Bart_

Participating member
Quiet announcement of 700,000 deaths. "Pandemic of the unvaccinated" i.e. who's clogging up the hospitals so you can't get knee replacements etc done ( well, in fairness, they are freeing up ICU spaces by die-ing from covid) and best of all, now the bigger percentage of Delta hitting (unvaccinated) school kids. And they can't get vaccinated yet, approval tests aren't complete, they're vulnerable.

Take one for the team at least for the kids sake. My opinion.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo BayLeafDigital
Top Bottom