Search results

  1. D

    A Discussion on The Fundamentals of Tree Felling

    Gray pine and Aleppo pine have miracle strength hinges :-D
  2. D

    A Discussion on The Fundamentals of Tree Felling

    Not the one I was thinking of
  3. D

    A Discussion on The Fundamentals of Tree Felling

    I have done 12-3 Mitch 12-6, or very close
  4. D

    A Discussion on The Fundamentals of Tree Felling

    Mitch Zenobi has some good ones pretty recently
  5. D

    A Discussion on The Fundamentals of Tree Felling

    Really good guys can do 180 I’m happy with 90
  6. D

    A Discussion on The Fundamentals of Tree Felling

    When I started doing swing Dutchmen, my rule of thumb (adjust with experience and trees, I’m still learning) I would do my flat cut aimed between the lean and the lay and put only the undercut to the lay. Don’t trust em
  7. D

    Today....

    Stickered Into the kiln
  8. D

    Today....

    relaxing day trip up to the mill We previously made the truck decking from eucalyptus. Today we milled live edge mesquite.
  9. D

    Work Photos

    Redneck crane job
  10. D

    Work Photos

    Been trying to do the impossible for a long time - get brittle eucalyptus to hinge/swing/redirect. Got Quite a bit on this one. Hinge is 6” thick on the tension side. I think I’m going to call it a rip or tear or zipper hinge. Iif it won’t flex…tear it. The lean was towards the camera.
  11. D

    Today....

    Lift gate loggin Awkward hitchery
  12. D

    Today....

  13. D

    Today....

  14. D

    Today....

    They killed it
  15. D

    PNW get together

    Mid July I will pm final exact dates
  16. D

    basic noob trailer plug question

    Haven’t seen 6 around here in years
  17. D

    Work Photos

    Skidded/Trucked some junk around yesterday since we were going that way. And some randoms of other handling methods

New threads New posts

Back
Top Bottom