Search results

  1. Muggs

    Sold

    Yeah. I ordered a Flint knapping kit from the States weeks ago for my son for Christmas. It's stuck in a warehouse somewhere with no end to the strike in sight. So now I'm making a thing with a copper nail and a stick
  2. Muggs

    Terms unique to arboriculture

    Beranek shows it in The Working Climber
  3. Muggs

    Terms unique to arboriculture

    Big old hollow tree or stump, this one seems to be less goose pen, more horse pen
  4. Muggs

    Views. Here is one of mine. Lets see yours.....so many great views out there.

    I was watching some of James' old comp videos this morning on YT, what a beauty. So smooth and calm, no rushing. Mentorship from someone like that is invaluable. Happy for you Steve.
  5. Muggs

    The joke I got fired over

    I know there's the principle of the whole thing, and I'm sure you are taking it personal, and it really is bullshit, but if it was me, I wouldn't waste any energy whatsoever pursuing legal actions. It sounds like a shitty place to work anyway. I would just walk away, with absolute faith and...
  6. Muggs

    Haul-back line for remote rigging point.

    In one of Reg's old videos, starting at 7:45, @Reg
  7. Muggs

    Haul-back line for remote rigging point.

    https://www.treebuzz.com/forum/threads/retrieving-rigging-line.17188/
  8. Muggs

    Haul-back line..oops double post. Abandon this thread. .

    I've used my 6mm retrieval line for this before. Tie it on the rigging line with a loop knot, leave it completely slack, with the end where you can grab it. Rig as normal, then haul the line back to you with the 6mm. But yeah if a span rig would work, that's what I usually prefer.
  9. Muggs

    The joke I got fired over

    Michael Malice tells that joke, about the Soviet Union.
  10. Muggs

    Wisdom regarding using a lift to dismantle a pin oak

    Might be better to climb first, cutting and rigging to open up a nice channel on the one side, then get the lift in there once you have room to work.
  11. Muggs

    Bracing Equipment?

    I wish. Still haven't pulled the trigger on a big drill, been looking at them all summer...
  12. Muggs

    T542i

    Amazing, thanks man
  13. Muggs

    T542i

    Husqvarna makes 3/8" mini, which is .050 (1.3mm) , up from the normal 325 mini which is .043 (1.1mm)
  14. Muggs

    T542i

    I started with a T536 about 5 years ago, then got a couple T540's, then got a T542 earlier this summer. These saws just get better and better. They will never totally replace my gas tophandles. We have an inverter on each truck and we just recharge as needed on the job and while driving...
  15. Muggs

    New RopeRunner?!?

    I should add that it was Paul @islandarb who said I had to try the Apex, after making a post on Instagram last summer about the 3 types of wrenches: zk-1, zk-2, and Notch adjustable. Paul said "get an Apex, it's just too damn sweet". He was right.
  16. Muggs

    New RopeRunner?!?

    Apex is the best version of any wrench I've ever used. Silky smooth up and down, easy on and off the rope, engages perfectly, easy to adjust. I run it wide open on the lowest friction setting. Only time I might bump up the friction is for a long descent.
  17. Muggs

    Skinny rope on base anchor leg?

    I also don't climb anything without a handsaw, even if it's just a fun climb with my kids. Not so much for safety/emergency usage, more for clearing small branches, suckers, stubs, dead limbs, etc. If I was going into the bush for rec climbing I would definitely bring a handsaw.
  18. Muggs

    New RopeRunner?!?

    I have one of the early RRP's from summer 2020, before they added the cleanout hole for the spring. I stopped using it when that whole controversy went down the following year. Got myself a Bulldog Bone. Haven't used the runner since.

New threads New posts

Back
Top Bottom