Search results

  1. Muggs

    WTB - CMI trolley

    They are oilite. I cleaned up all the gunk with mild dish soap and then put some 3 in 1 on them. I should have maybe used synthetic motor oil eh?
  2. Muggs

    WTB - CMI trolley

    Nvm, made my own. I had 2 old CMI 5/8" pulleys that I hadn't used in a long time. Took them apart to get the sheave, bushing and axle. Drew a trolley and rigging plate on paper, then traced onto a tablet to digitize. Sent them to my friend who does CNC fabrication. He cut the trolley out of 1/8"...
  3. Muggs

    Work Photos

    Contracting today with the lift. Went full redneck on this setup.
  4. Muggs

    Short vs. Long Bridge?

    I've run two bridges for a long time now, gives me options for multiple lines and different setups. For a few years, one of them was adjustable with a Roll n Lock. I found myself hardly ever taking advantage of it. Think it was about a year and a half ago, I went back to just two normal...
  5. Muggs

    Today....

    New rig. Little 60 ft spider lift. Hybrid gas and li-ion. If I can disable the beeping it will be useable.
  6. Muggs

    New “ to me” Husqvarna Batteries?

    This is exactly what frustrates me most about battery saws, I have a whole range of different batteries and they all work a little different. Very frustrating calling down for a battery replacement only to be given an older/crappier one. Imagine carrying 4-6 different grades of mixed gas on...
  7. Muggs

    New HitchHikerXF

    That's interesting. I don't think I have ever once had a good experience with the distel, it's always just locked up tight on me...
  8. Muggs

    New HitchHikerXF

    Yeah the way I used to tie it is how Paul originally showed for the HH2. It worked fine, but I like it a lot more flipped around. Then Richard Mumford started recommending a different hitch that he called the Catalon, but I didn't have good results with it.
  9. Muggs

    New HitchHikerXF

    I've been playing with the HH a lot these past couple months ever since the Reflex started making a scene. The HH is the original device that could switch seamlessly between DdRT and SRT. I think I have it dialed in better than ever before, with a very simple VT tied backwards from how I...
  10. Muggs

    GoPro cameras for tree work

    Legend
  11. Muggs

    GoPro cameras for tree work

    There's an old saying, "the best camera is the one you have with you". Filming and editing is less about gear and more about having the will to do it, and following through. Someone who is committed to the process can make it work with any gear. I've had cameras in my truck for a long time...
  12. Muggs

    Isa website so bad it’s embarrassing

    The ISA is a racket.
  13. Muggs

    Energy absorber for rock climbing.

    Yeah there's a new Buck harness that just came out that is both. Nice for working in a lift, jump out and climb anytime you want
  14. Muggs

    Lanyard snap attachment

    Or just take some three-strand and backsplice onto an existing snap. Very easy. 3 strand makes a great lanyard.
  15. Muggs

    Lanyard snap attachment

    These are nice, I have one, openable. Add to any spliced hank you have. Most trimming lanyards for me come from old climb lines that got nicked. https://www.wesspur.com/petzl-eashook-open
  16. Muggs

    Today....

    Too cold for tree work, so the old man's in net
  17. Muggs

    Mounting a pulley for my moving rope system in a tree

    I would just leave throwline installed where you want the pulley, use it to pull up an anchor line with a pulley on the end, and your climb line through the pulley. Tie off the anchor line to that tree or one close by. Reverse the process to get lines out, leaving throwline in place for next...
  18. Muggs

    tool/chainsaw lanyard attachment options while in a bucket truck?

    This test was frigid. Definitely a worst case scenario as far as dropping a saw goes. They don't always fall so violently. A more dynamic/stretchy lanyard would make a world of difference for peak load...
  19. Muggs

    tool/chainsaw lanyard attachment options while in a bucket truck?

    Well I don't want to be constantly thinking about the temperature when I'm working and wondering if its appropriate for my breakaway connection. Now I'm leaning more towards the split key ring connection, like Drayer uses. https://drayer.de/en/tango-chainsaw-lanyard-classic

New threads New posts

Back
Top Bottom