Search results

  1. southsoundtree

    Rigging Point Failure

    Happy you're okay after playing the odds on your favor.
  2. southsoundtree

    Spring cleaning multiple items

    I'm in. I was letting you know, here, waiting for details by DM.
  3. southsoundtree

    A Discussion on The Fundamentals of Tree Felling

    You likely wouldn't be able to see 1⁰.
  4. southsoundtree

    A Discussion on The Fundamentals of Tree Felling

    I do work in the woods adjacent to residential clearing all the time. Trick cuts are good and can be assisted with other tricks, such as a throwline placed pull rope for greater options. Rarely the go-to, but sometimes useful. Practice when you can.
  5. southsoundtree

    Spring cleaning multiple items

    I'll take the weights.
  6. southsoundtree

    Bear trap

    Part 2 link in comments Posted a few, simple shorts and a tree folding video on my yt channel @southsoundtree1 I was hoping to just use the trigger to get this alder down, but needed a bit more gear and technique.
  7. southsoundtree

    Texting a business card

    We use an aerial lift as needed/ and practical. It's a great start/ end, occasionally. Our professional climbing skills allow us to do things aerial lifts will never be able to do, like reach to 60' from 1/4 mile from the tree from the place we can park the lift. As well as climbing to any...
  8. southsoundtree

    Nesting birds and tree workers

    I ziptied a limb with nest and 3 eggs to another limb after finding it too late.
  9. southsoundtree

    ftc spurs

    I prefer to not lose attachments from climbing gear. I always have a rope, but some people don't. Losing a spur mid-climb, no rope...bad news. Are they better than bomber velcro straps? Without any real attempt at cleaning, my velcros are years old and plenty good enough, but not as new...
  10. southsoundtree

    vertical speedline size/weight limits

    Parachute combo with VSL!!
  11. southsoundtree

    Technique for climbing dead tree while TIP in another.

    Chucked down in 10' and smaller pieces. Detached the guy lines. He and I lowered the stub a bit until in the right spot, then dropped it. All holding back, no pulling over.
  12. southsoundtree

    Technique for climbing dead tree while TIP in another.

    Dampening branches, as discussed recently... Today
  13. southsoundtree

    Today....

    Consider stacking all stickers perpendicular to the length of the board and fully in- line vertically. 16" spacing or less. Very end to very end. Last stickers may not be perpendicular. Thicker stickers may help air flow.
  14. southsoundtree

    vertical speedline size/weight limits

    If you limb off the front falling lane and backweight, can you undercut the COG with snap cut or facecuts to dump chunks with the side limbs? Pulling from that height seems like a line angle issue? What else is beneath the tree? For how long can you block the road?
  15. southsoundtree

    Texting a business card

    I use Jobber, too. I don't direct people to my site for work requests, for better and worse. I think If I ever have time, I should line up my whole fleet of equipment and tools. I forget about some of them, like my log arch. I've got between 50-60 active wheels (just got 4 more), plus 4...
  16. southsoundtree

    vertical speedline size/weight limits

    Thanks for the elaboration.
  17. southsoundtree

    Technique for climbing dead tree while TIP in another.

    Sorry to Abe and family. Climbing dead trees is part of being a highly skilled dismantler. Sometimes, climbing dead trees is the part of being a low skill dismantler, too. Sometimes the air just hits the fan on experts. My retired career-PNW-logger-neighbor says they're no such thing as...
  18. southsoundtree

    Mystery problem cutting?

    On a 36" when thrown, most likely while brushing-out the base, you can bend the bar sideways and pop the chain back on, in 15 seconds.

New threads New posts

Back
Top Bottom