Recent content by oceans

  1. oceans

    The Hoeflon C10

    Found this which is new… But there was an older one as well from a different manufacturer and I can’t find it. Perhaps Hoeflon purchased that company and scrubbed the web of their content.
  2. oceans

    The Hoeflon C10

    I’m going to try and find an older vid of the’Multi-Crab’. If designed for securely holding wood, it would be the bees knees for grab/cut operations with a climber or adjacent aerial lift. Gimme a minute…
  3. oceans

    Tree oddities

    In their natural habitat, no less. Love it!
  4. oceans

    Tree oddities

    It is. I was just thinking about taper, really. I know of a sure-fire bald cypress and will get a pic as soon as I can. It’s actually the only one I know of around here.
  5. oceans

    Tree oddities

    Speaking of trunk “taper”, I saw this tree just yesterday…
  6. oceans

    Tree oddities

    We do get significant taper as well, with highly pronounced sinuses and super nodes that threaten to swallow lateral branches on the lower trunk. I’ve often wondered if crown raising over time is worthwhile if only to create proper wound closure. If a lower branch dies off and its collar is...
  7. oceans

    Tree oddities

    Such lovely trees. Similar here for sure.
  8. oceans

    Tree oddities

    I’m going to use these stump photos as reference for a client I just met with. One of their trees in question is a rather nicely shaped Honeylocust that’s just now large enough to shade the patio. It has 5 huge surface roots indicating poor percolation. If the root plate is too thin, I could...
  9. oceans

    Bid that tree!

    I see a tangled homeowner pile at the curb and a heap of shorties to handle at the base pf the tree. Like Reach said, all the potential rigging options are gone. That’s gonna mean: - Pay the 1/2 day minimum to bring in a crane to lift it out in 3 picks or so 2 hours, or… - Hand jive that thing...
  10. oceans

    more fun with knucklebooms

    Goll-Y! Can anyone keep up with you, @Treetopflyer ? That looks like a sweet spreader bar. Does that just live somewhere in the Ox now incase you need it?
  11. oceans

    Bid that tree!

    Aw shucks, Matias. Truth is I would have to say Mike Poor may be the real OG as a climbing op, and his crane is quite large.
  12. oceans

    Bid that tree!

    I would advocate it can improve safety and efficiency in SOME cases, not all. Things streamlined include: - Getting the hook over the COGof the intended pick. - Adjusting hook placement after tying slings has begun if needed. - Estimating weights and pretension by feel and referencing with LMI...
  13. oceans

    Bid that tree!

    Operating and climbing is fairly common, but with extremely unstable trees, I have my brother assist from the lift while I operate from the ground.
  14. oceans

    Bid that tree!

    Over the years with my little C10 crane, I’ve watched countless 500# picks float away from me. It’s still a decent amount of material. I want to revisit when a larger drone ise able to get into that ballpark.
  15. oceans

    Bid that tree!

    That drone is probably above that cutoff point of recreational civilian use. I wonder what license is required for something that size, and what another size or two up would look like. I loves me a crane so a sky crane sounds slick. I’ve actually often thought of a long, lightweight conveyor...

New threads New posts

Back
Top Bottom