oceans's latest activity

  • oceans
    oceans replied to the thread Bid that tree!.
    Aw shucks, Matias. Truth is I would have to say Mike Poor may be the real OG as a climbing op, and his crane is quite large.
  • oceans
    oceans reacted to Matias's post in the thread Bid that tree! with Like Like.
    Welp, one thing that still hasn't changed: I'm still voting for Oceans.
  • oceans
    oceans reacted to ATH's post in the thread Sometimes it’s just a Nope! with Like Like.
    Are you able to give them a referral? I don't like saying no to work, but there are certainly plenty of times that I do. When that...
  • oceans
    oceans replied to the thread Bid that tree!.
    I would advocate it can improve safety and efficiency in SOME cases, not all. Things streamlined include: - Getting the hook over the...
  • oceans
    oceans reacted to surveyor's post in the thread Tree oddities with Wow Wow.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=2550162422123346&set=gm.4579064612410750&idorvanity=1554361428214432
  • oceans
    oceans replied to the thread Bid that tree!.
    Operating and climbing is fairly common, but with extremely unstable trees, I have my brother assist from the lift while I operate from...
  • oceans
    oceans replied to the thread Bid that tree!.
    Over the years with my little C10 crane, I’ve watched countless 500# picks float away from me. It’s still a decent amount of material. I...
  • oceans
    oceans reacted to Bendroctanus's post in the thread Bid that tree! with Haha Haha.
    My back.
  • oceans
    oceans reacted to Reach's post in the thread Bid that tree! with Like Like.
    That is cool, but lifting a tree 220 pounds at a time would be rather slow. Still, it's an interesting concept, and shows promise for...
  • oceans
    oceans replied to the thread Bid that tree!.
    That drone is probably above that cutoff point of recreational civilian use. I wonder what license is required for something that size...
  • oceans
    oceans reacted to Evo's post in the thread Bid that tree! with Like Like.
    Are you seeing those quadcopter drone tree removal videos? Pretty slick, slow so it has to be truly the only the ‘right tree’. Kinda...
  • oceans
    oceans reacted to davidwyby's post in the thread Bid that tree! with Like Like.
    Maybe. But they are $240/hr. The teles are nearly free. I have an idea to attach a winch or maybe just a cable and pulley to a 10k...
  • oceans
    oceans replied to the thread Bid that tree!.
    A tele can be remarkably useful with the right operator and rigger/sawyer. Downright dangerous with the wrong team. Good firm level...
  • oceans
    oceans reacted to davidwyby's post in the thread Bid that tree! with Like Like.
    … it I’m probably underestimating the foliage, that’s the part that gives me doubts.
  • oceans
    oceans replied to the thread Surface damage risk from a 50 ton.
    I will definitely agree with Lumberjack on the wood vs. 1/2” poly mats. Poly is popular because it lasts so long, but it definitely will...

New threads New posts

Back
Top Bottom