Bid that tree!

I would advocate it can improve safety and efficiency in SOME cases, not all.
Things streamlined include:
- Getting the hook over the COGof the intended pick.
- Adjusting hook placement after tying slings has begun if needed.
- Estimating weights and pretension by feel and referencing with LMI on remote.
- Monitoring and correlating kerf dynamics and LMI during the cut.
- Not waiting on or managing the decision making of the only marginal climber or crane op available that day.
Welp, one thing that still hasn't changed:




I'm still voting for Oceans.
 
Just arrived at this bid lol
The last “company” didn’t finish lol
One of the worst I’ve seen in awhile.View attachment 103036
Well that was nice, take away all the rigging points and all the easy stuff and leave the hard part without anything to hang it from. We've encountered that kind of mess before. Cranes make it nice and easy to fix that.
 
I see a tangled homeowner pile at the curb and a heap of shorties to handle at the base pf the tree. Like Reach said, all the potential rigging options are gone. That’s gonna mean:

- Pay the 1/2 day minimum to bring in a crane to lift it out in 3 picks or so 2 hours, or…
- Hand jive that thing apart out of the lift followed by 30 minutes of blower action to clean the roof.

Either way you pay, plus front yard stump should go too and I guarantee @VenasNursery is flat out BUSY already.

$3,000 and you’ll get there before the wind decides to yank that exposed lead off the trunk. The wife will say yes and the husband will be pissed he tried to let his buddy tackle the tree last weekend.

PS: I say this half joking but also I hire a professional for anything outside my own wheelhouse. Why do so many people think they can manage things they are entirely incapable of??? That family was probably trying to keep an insurance policy in tact that they already can hardly afford and some inspector bullied them into taking out that tree vs a proper prune. Maybe it’s for solar?!? Who really knows.
 
With stump grinding I put $2400 and cleaning up what’s on the ground. Smack piles all butt ends facing different directions and short pieces.
The crown of the stump was pretty large also.

We aren’t recognized for cheap prices but quality work and customer satisfaction.

I don’t feel sorry for them for hiring unprofessionals.
 

New threads New posts

Back
Top Bottom