Whiskey Whiskey Whiskey

JeffGu

I used to drink Ezra Brooks when I couldn't afford Jack Daniels or Wild Turkey. Or, if I was really on a budget, I'd drink Jim Beam or Old Sweatsocks or anything else Warehouse Liquor had sitting in shopping carts in the aisle for $6.00/QT on sale. But then, I drank an entire bottle of expensive Glenlivet scotch over two days, thinking it was really crappy whiskey from the discount/wino aisle until my buddy informed me it was really expensive stuff he was saving for a special occasion. I offered to kiss him to make the moment special, but he seemed to be... oh, I don't know... really pissed off or something.

So, there you go. My exquisite palate for whiskey on full display for the entire world to see. Mind you, my disappointing inability to distinguish fine liquor from kerosene will not diminish my attacks and ridicule of that overpriced sewage you spend your vast fortune on, Jason. You should have just stuck with drinking Coors Light and late night skinny-dipping in the Scioto River with red light district, midget hookers.

Jonny

Do you have Vernor’s ginger soda in your neck of the woods?
Jameson is my drink, and usually take it straight or with ice and a splash of water, but it’s really good with Vernor’s on a hot day. I’m not a fan of IPA beers, but the IPA barrel cask mates was delicious.

Tried this at a friend’s house a couple days ago. Had kind of a cashew-like finish to me, it was really nice. 7CC30DEF-D86C-4F6B-AB20-0638F2107100.jpeg

JD3000

Most well-known member
Do you have Vernor’s ginger soda in your neck of the woods?
Jameson is my drink, and usually take it straight or with ice and a splash of water, but it’s really good with Vernor’s on a hot day. I’m not a fan of IPA beers, but the IPA barrel cask mates was delicious.

Tried this at a friend’s house a couple days ago. Had kind of a cashew-like finish to me, it was really nice. View attachment 69467
We do have Vernor's but I prefer a spicy ginger beer to a ginger ale anyday. I think this IPA edition goes particularly well in a mule

Bob Bob

We had a ginger beer taste test awile back. The best deal on ginger beer I can find in Ohio is from Aldi's. I think it's literally called ginger beer in a green glass bottle in 6 packs.

My all time favorite ginger beer is Stoney's Extra (a Coke product) from South Africa. My runner up is Bundaberg from Australia.

JD3000

Most well-known member
We had a ginger beer taste test awile back. The best deal on ginger beer I can find in Ohio is from Aldi's. I think it's literally called ginger beer in a green glass bottle in 6 packs.

My all time favorite ginger beer is Stoney's Extra (a Coke product) from South Africa. My runner up is Bundaberg from Australia.
I like Cock and Bull and that Fever Tree

JeffGu

...bargain bin hooch...
Yeah, that's another one that I'd see in the bargain shopping cart parked in the aisle, that was okay. Fond memories of staggering into N Street Liquor about ten minutes before they closed so I could rummage through the sale/discounted/clearance stuff.

It was all about the price, in those days. But, these days, it's all about the long waiting line for a liver transplant.

JD3000

Most well-known member
Yeah, that's another one that I'd see in the bargain shopping cart parked in the aisle, that was okay. Fond memories of staggering into N Street Liquor about ten minutes before they closed so I could rummage through the sale/discounted/clearance stuff.

It was all about the price, in those days. But, these days, it's all about the long waiting line for a liver transplant.
It's actually pretty good. Not as impressive as their single barrel offering but much less $

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom