what's yall's thoughts on the rrp?

treesap

I got an old 5hp briggs laying in the shop rn, once I get it running I might do some mods, depending if that works, I will try a saw

Christrees

Gear is such personal preference. after years climbing I love what I love. But enjoy listening to newer climbers rite of passage negotiating through all the new stuff out there.
Yeah I'm a person that once I find a rope or spurs saddle I don't get anything else. I'm trying to branch out and try new shit. I'm going to be getting some hyper climb soon aswell based on yours and a few others reference. I've tried all mechanicals other than rock exoticas. And I find I like the hybrids alot more

Christrees

I got an old 5hp briggs laying in the shop rn, once I get it running I might do some mods, depending if that works, I will try a saw
Oh ok one of those old fuc**rs ...I had to look it up. Was drawing a blank. I'd be surprised if you could getting running good enough to mod. But there's a chance. I'd look around friends n family maybe you could find something better.

treesap

we got an old chipper shredder with the same engine (or really close) and it starts first pull every time, shouldnt be too bad considering its the commercial model

Christrees

Oh ok cool...I just ran into some luck. We have worked on this island for the last 10 well that's since I've been there more like 13 but anyway there's allot this wood they want split and brush chipped. My boss is setting it up for me to go over there on weekends. And do it making $30.00 an hour. This guy's an oil tycoon. Loaded. Shit I can't wait hahaha

Christrees

Hell yeah my boss has been throwing me alot of side work lately. I have to help his nephew setup some trusses soon $25 an hour. We have an older truck electric companies used to set poles. 55 ft with 2 pistons so it can lift some weight. Has a jib n shit.

treesap

btw, does you company have a "If you try to help we charge more" policy? I both like and dont like the idea

I like it because it keeps the customer out of harms way, and stops them from messing up gear (I.E Throwline elbow coil)

treesap

Hell yeah my boss has been throwing me alot of side work lately. I have to help his nephew setup some trusses soon $25 an hour. We have an older truck electric companies used to set poles. 55 ft with 2 pistons so it can lift some weight. Has a jib n shit.
heck yeah, that truck sounds sweet for rigging, does it have a bucket?

Christrees

heck yeah, that truck sounds sweet for rigging, does it have a bucket?
Yeah it's a bucket truck. It is nice sometimes I'll butt shit over on a rope let it settle then tie it up to the jib bring it over to where we need it. And no we don't want the customer's anywhere near us or our work lol. That could be very dangerous

treesap

that sounds super handy, and the customers near your work area seems like it would go like any youtube video named "Tree cutting fails"

heck, even I (Not very experienced, but more than most homeowners) have had some times that should have been like one of those videos.

if you cant prove to me that you are experienced and know the dangers, stay well beyond the danger zone
I have some friends (All younger than me) that think its crazy when I tell them to back up "Due to liability reasons" this stuff can kill you in a split second if you dont 100% know what your doing

Christrees

that sounds super handy, and the customers near your work area seems like it would go like any youtube video named "Tree cutting fails"

heck, even I (Not very experienced, but more than most homeowners) have had some times that should have been like one of those videos.

if you cant prove to me that you are experienced and know the dangers, stay well beyond the danger zone
I have some friends (All younger than me) that think its crazy when I tell them to back up "Due to liability reasons" this stuff can kill you in a split second if you dont 100% know what your doing
Yeah you have to be very careful who you have helping you on a job or whatever.like you said your not very experienced your friends are going to know next to nothing

Christrees

Yup all about time and experience. I had 10 years on the ground before I started cutting out of a bucket truck. And found out very fast it was harder than it looked lol. But I caught on quick cutting everyday. Also climbing just wait you climb around with your hand saw. It's alot different when you have a chainsaw on your hip or hanging. A 25 or 44 or 66. You have to get used to that aswell. Theres a big difference

treesap

even climbing with a bundle of rigging line or a water bottle hanging on my harness is a big difference, big thing is id be scared taking a ride after rigging the top on a noodle pine, since id hate for a $700 saw to bang into the spar, but you know thats going to happen anyways

Christrees

even climbing with a bundle of rigging line or a water bottle hanging on my harness is a big difference, big thing is id be scared taking a ride after rigging the top on a noodle pine, since id hate for a $700 saw to bang into the spar, but you know thats going to happen anyways
Yeah it happens not always..there's alot of factors. Yeah your going to have be be able to store your saw fast. Shit some people finishing there cut with there hand saw so they can have there saw on there carritool. I don't but Ive seen it done.

treesap

been watching buckin billy ray, he just lets his saw hang on like 6ft of BRW, I feel bad for that saw lol, watching it bang into the stem when rigging tops

although just make the ground guy on the lowering device pay for repairs, that will make your ride much smoother nearly instantly (Or he will bang you around and walk off the job)

Christrees

been watching buckin billy ray, he just lets his saw hang on like 6ft of BRW, I feel bad for that saw lol, watching it bang into the stem when rigging tops

although just make the ground guy on the lowering device pay for repairs, that will make your ride much smoother nearly instantly (Or he will bang you around and walk off the job)
Yeah I like watching his videos too...sometimes goes off on religion a little too much for me but he seems like a really good guy. I do like alot of his stories. And they can handle banging around a little bit. But he knows his shit.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom