what's yall's thoughts on the rrp?

treesap

im looking at the roperunner pro, just wondering what people that run em daily think, also how well does it work swapping SRT to Ddrt?

Christrees

How do you have money for the rrp when you couldn't spend 40-50 bucks on a pulley?

I don't know that much about you but know you don't have that much experience. I'd run a hitch climber setup for awhile. Year or two. For ddrt. Srt I'd run a rope wrench for the same.

But also smooth as fuck on a rope. Never tried it ddrt. Also I didn't like on it goes on the rope. Especially the bottom pin and pulley dropped it out of a tree a few times. You have to really finesse it.

Really the rope wrench is one of the most bad ass srt setups period. I've tried all of them other them rock exoticas and I came back to the rope wrench. The right rope and hitch cord setup will give any srt setup a run for it's money. Right now I'm using up my samson velocity with 9mm rit. 4 over 1 michoacan smooth af tendings butter. Just can't go wrong with the wr period. And saves you a lot of money on gear. Trust me

treesap

How do you have money for the rrp when you couldn't spend 40-50 bucks on a pulley?

But also smooth as fuck on a rope. Never tried it ddrt. Also I didn't like on it goes on the rope. Especially the bottom pin and pulley dropped it out of a tree a few times. You have to really finesse it.

I don't know that much about you but know you don't have that much experience. I'd run a hitch climber setup for awhile. Year or two. For ddrt. Srt I'd run a rope wrench for the same. Really the rope wrench is one of the most bad ass srt setups period. I've tried all of them other them rock exoticas and I came back to the rope wrench. The right rope and hitch cord setup will give any srt setup a run for it's money. Right now I'm using up my samson velocity with 9mm rit. 4 over 1 michoacan smooth af tendings butter. Just can't go wrong with the wr period. And saves you a lot of money on gear. Trust me
im looking at buying one at a later date lol, sorry for the confusion, I probably should have mentioned that

also, been using the hitchclimber setup for a while with a ropewrench, just been wanting the mechanical for a while, especially since its shorter, meaning It wont get in the was quite as much on spurrs, but I get ya on the cost to benefit ratio, once im doing work climbing and making money using the gear then its upgrade time, keeping it basic for now (Although when your addicted to gear, thats hard)

Christrees

im looking at buying one at a later date lol, sorry for the confusion, I probably should have mentioned that
Lol I was just messing with ya... But you should really think about what I said. You would love a rw. What pulley did you end up getting I like a hitch climber pulley better for the rw. So I can use a oval carabiner. But pinto works aswell I'm trying to use mine more.

treesap

Lol I was just messing with ya... But you should really think about what I said. You would love a rw. What pulley did you end up getting I like a hitch climber pulley better for the rw. So I can use a oval carabiner. But pinto works aswell I'm trying to use mine more.
right now I have two hc pulleys (One was given to me, the other I bought used on here) the wrench is homemade by the same member that gave me the first hc pulley, btw I have been using a homemade long lanyard for a few days and lovin it, ~35ft velocity with a tight eye, 6 wrap HRC distel and hitchclimber, so far the smoothest lanyard setup ive ran

Christrees

right now I have two hc pulleys (One was given to me, the other I bought used on here) the wrench is homemade by the same member that gave me the first hc pulley, btw I have been using a homemade long lanyard for a few days and lovin it, ~35ft velocity with a tight eye, 6 wrap HRC distel and hitchclimber, so far the smoothest lanyard setup ive ran
Ok cool. The 6 wrap distel is 1 or 2 wraps more than you need. Could be smoother. Try less wraps I'd recommend but it's your lanyard. I don't know much about the homemade wr but they usually use soft tethers. And those suck. I would never. The only home made rw I've like was johnnys. He's was legit. A real rw has to feel different I could be wrong. Send me a pic of your wr

treesap

my tether nowadays is a piece of radiator hose and some cheap rope I got in a bag o rope, works great and the wrench doesnt hit my hitch (Normally although I can force it)

Attachments

• 2020_1202_040858_0223.jpg
    2020_1202_040858_0223.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 38

treesap

The michoacan is sensitive to the right rope and hitch cord setup. Just have to experiment. The distel is one of the most reliable hitches it will always grab it's not as sensitive to the rope and hitch cord setup.
I love the distel, but not really on my main climb line, it binds too much I think, but on my lanyard its perfect, so far the 6 wraps is working good, only cord I can get to grab reliably on my climb line is armorprus in a VT

Christrees

my tether nowadays is a piece of radiator hose and some cheap rope I got in a bag o rope, works great and the wrench doesnt hit my hitch (Normally although I can force it)
Yeah it's nice..I just hate how big it is looks huge. No offense to the maker. But also that tether has to suck. Maybe if he was able to make a tiff tether it would be ok. Idk. What do you do when you tend slack and bring up your hitch? Do you have to move the wr up aswell?

Christrees

I love the distel, but not really on my main climb line, it binds too much I think, but on my lanyard its perfect, so far the 6 wraps is working good, only cord I can get to grab reliably on my climb line is armorprus in a VT
I have velocity aswell... Beeline grabs. Sterling flex grabs. Rit grabs. A lot does. Just have to experiment with different hitches and wrap combos

treesap

What do you do when you tend slack and bring up your hitch? Do you have to move the wr up aswell?
with my new tether I normaly dont do anything other than slide my pulley up, it all moves, although when I start to descend on it I get a few inches before it locks down and adds friction, so I have to be carefull, keeps ya on your toes

treesap

I have velocity aswell... Beeline grabs. Sterling flex grabs. Rit grabs. A lot does. Just have to experiment with different hitches and wrap combos
it works well on all my cords, my main climb line (sterling scion) is sorta slick, although its not broken in much, in a few months it should be working good tho

Christrees

with my new tether I normaly dont do anything other than slide my pulley up, it all moves, although when I start to descend on it I get a few inches before it locks down and adds friction, so I have to be carefull, keeps ya on your toes
Yeah I don't like it.. other than that it's great device right. Just imagine a real rw. Would be so much better without the flaws your current one has.

treesap

im sure the real ropewrench is awesome, the one I have works great tho, maybe someone that lives close to me will let my try theirs, if I can try one that would help me decide weather its worth it (Although with how polular they are im gonna say they probably are worth every penny)

Christrees

it works well on all my cords, my main climb line (sterling scion) is sorta slick, although its not broken in much, in a few months it should be working good tho
That's cool. I've been using my velocity. Oh and adrenaline. I still have a new hank of drenaline and xstatic and tachyon ash I haven't even touched yet. I want to put my rw on my xstatic just was trying to wear out the velocity first. And I still want to get another rope. I need to get a 16 strand for when I want to run ddrt threw natural crotches. I don't also use a frition saver when I know I'll be moving my rope alot

treesap

That's cool. I've been using my velocity. Oh and adrenaline. I still have a new hank of drenaline and xstatic and tachyon ash I haven't even touched yet. I want to put my rw on my xstatic just was trying to wear out the velocity first. And I still want to get another rope. I need to get a 16 strand for when I want to run ddrt threw natural crotches. I don't also use a frition saver when I know I'll be moving my rope alot
quite often I natural crotch my 24 strand lines, and they are showing less wear than my bluestreak, and the bluestreak has maybe 1/3-1/2 the use as my 24 strand lines

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom