What’s Your SMALLER Equipment Setup?

KevinS

My setup is strictly based on pickup trucks.

When I started my dad gave me his old box trailer (9’x4.5’)not in the best shape so my first couple jobs paid to rebuild that. I bought the material and we (dad & I) did the welding, work, etc.

Next came a 9” bandit chipper I found on kijiji for a steal.

Next my father in law then gave us an ‘old project trailer’ he had for years out behind the shed he never did anything with. No wires, hitch, tires and everything, lol. Dad and I stripped it down and built it into a dumping chip box about 5 yardsish. Tool compartments, etc.

Next on one of my father in laws scrap steel rims he got and old junk camper. Dad and I stripped it and cut it down and we built a trailer crane for loading wood.

After a few more jobs I wasn’t planning on it but a tandem axle dump trailer came to me for a quarter of the price I see on any others so I grabbed it.

Thanks to another buzzer I found a Vermeer 630b that I’m currently refurbishing it.

Lastly I picked up a pressure washer on sale and have my water/liquid barrels and a homemade deep root fertilizer probe so we are all set for fertilizing, bt spraying, etc

This whole fleet runs off of a 2-3 pickup truck crew and we’re plugging away. I’m lucky enough that I’m in my first year I’m fully equipped and everything the entire fleet is 100% paid for.

Now we just have to work work work lol

Serf Life

My setup is strictly based on pickup trucks.

When I started my dad gave me his old box trailer (9’x4.5’)not in the best shape so my first couple jobs paid to rebuild that. I bought the material and we (dad & I) did the welding, work, etc.

Next came a 9” bandit chipper I found on kijiji for a steal.

Next my father in law then gave us an ‘old project trailer’ he had for years out behind the shed he never did anything with. No wires, hitch, tires and everything, lol. Dad and I stripped it down and built it into a dumping chip box about 5 yardsish. Tool compartments, etc.

Next on one of my father in laws scrap steel rims he got and old junk camper. Dad and I stripped it and cut it down and we built a trailer crane for loading wood.

After a few more jobs I wasn’t planning on it but a tandem axle dump trailer came to me for a quarter of the price I see on any others so I grabbed it.

Thanks to another buzzer I found a Vermeer 630b that I’m currently refurbishing it.

Lastly I picked up a pressure washer on sale and have my water/liquid barrels and a homemade deep root fertilizer probe so we are all set for fertilizing, bt spraying, etc

This whole fleet runs off of a 2-3 pickup truck crew and we’re plugging away. I’m lucky enough that I’m in my first year I’m fully equipped and everything the entire fleet is 100% paid for.

Now we just have to work work work lol
Could you post some pics and considerations for your power washer spray setup?

KevinS

Could you post some pics and considerations for your power washer spray setup?
I’ll try to get some pics when I have it set up.

Barrel has a garden tap threaded into the bottom of a 30 gallon (but any size is good I can get a 1,000L tank for $120 but I don’t have that demand yet).

The garden house goes from tank to the pressure washer just gravity fed and standing water pressure. Then the probe goes onto the high pressure gun. Just make sure that your pressure washer has enough psi and to thread on it’s a gas powered gun (they’re different than he electric units).

I use water soluble fertilizer every now and then just give it a stir.

Not great pics but there you go.

Attachments

• CE289E44-B95E-417C-959B-64312AABDA90.jpeg
    CE289E44-B95E-417C-959B-64312AABDA90.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 20
  • D2CE8499-91B3-402D-BFB8-67355BC5DD13.jpeg
    D2CE8499-91B3-402D-BFB8-67355BC5DD13.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 17
  • 995EC9AA-D376-4ECD-B910-9A19E1AB979B.jpeg
    995EC9AA-D376-4ECD-B910-9A19E1AB979B.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 20

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts
Top Bottom