Today....

Wrangler

Am I seeing two rope wrenches tied in to two different trees on either side of the tree you're removing? Did you spur your way up and just tend slack until you were essentially horizontal? Seems like a good plan, I have a similar task looming and this may be a better way to approach it.
Yes,set two safety lines from ground and basal tied them,then spured up daed tree. In hind sight I should have sinched up canopy ties, would have been stronger if something broke, i just hate all the extra rope I end up having to deal with with that setup

27RMT0N

The first seriously wet day of the season, and a good reminder how little mud it takes to start spinning all 4 wheels and get yourself in trouble, plus the extra time of cleaning and drying gear. Luckily I didn't get stuck, but it's that time of year to be extra careful.

0 TB 01.jpg

0 TB 02.jpg

0 TB 03.jpg

0 TB 04.jpg

50 TB 04.jpg

Wrangler

27RMT0N

What a beautiful shop! I’m jealous!!!
It looks a little messy with all my wet gear hanging about here, but it's a great space. The best part about it is the covered slab right outside the door. I can pull my truck under cover and be right at the shop with tons of light, air, water and power.

Nice work with that double tie-in by the way.

0 TB 06.jpg

Reach

Can only hope but all the reviews have been great!
We used it on a 30” dbh locusts today it ripped

pretty close to a 661 but so much lighter so the guy in the sky will definitely appreciate it
$1350 with a 28” bar and chain =CRAZY
I am a bit old-school in that I like proven technology, but when that saw has been out a year or three if it’s still problem free I’ll look at buying one to try. If it’s that powerful and light, I’ll probably set it up with a 25” for our crane climber to use. Right now he’s swinging a 362 and 461 as needed.

That price is definitely up there though, so it better work out well before I’m spending that much on it!

VenasNursery

I am a bit old-school in that I like proven technology, but when that saw has been out a year or three if it’s still problem free I’ll look at buying one to try. If it’s that powerful and light, I’ll probably set it up with a 25” for our crane climber to use. Right now he’s swinging a 362 and 461 as needed.

That price is definitely up there though, so it better work out well before I’m spending that much on it!
It’s been out in Europe for over a year now to my understanding
I wanted a 25”bar and chain but that’s all they had and I didn’t want to go back to the shop blah blah blah
wouldn’t just sell me the head without a bar and chain?
Our first light stihl bar
See how it holds up

27RMT0N

It has been available in Europe for a good while now (over a year? I'm not sure, maybe someone else knows) and people seem very happy with it, as far as I can tell.

(edit: wrote that at the same time as Venas, funny we said about the same thing)

I expect I'll be buying one this fall/winter with a 28" lightweight bar, the cost doesn't bother me one bit. It's finally time to replace my dinosaur 046. Even though that thing still rips, I want something a little lighter and with less vibration.

Last edited:

Reach

A little Palm Trim!!! Has anyone seen this one? This is not me so all credit to the owner or poster!
http://instagr.am/p/CFk0_uSpBvr/ Wish I knew how to speak Spanish!
Wow, what a ride! I’ll give that guy credit, he sure can hold on!
P.S. The Spanish dialogue was nothing interesting, the guy up top was named Santos, and the guy filming was just surprised/amazed. You didn’t miss anything there.

Reach

Was wondering If anyone noticed lol
I told the team I bought the new “900i” lol
It fits on my dash good ornament
Over 50 laughs and joke already today worth every penny!!!
That’s funny. It’s also what I’m planning to get my nephew for his third birthday this December. Time to get him started, before he’s all grown up and old like me!

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom