Today....

Crimsonking

Man, I was a bit nervous after being bitten by one before. You have to grab them at the neck to avoid those razor sharp nasties. Otherwise, super cute and cool surprise. I was most nervous when he ran for my crotch...

Reach

Man, I was a bit nervous after being bitten by one before. You have to grab them at the neck to avoid those razor sharp nasties. Otherwise, super cute and cool surprise. I was most nervous when he ran for my crotch...
That would make me nervous too! I’ve never been bit, but I had one climb me once years ago, back when I was about 17-18ish. I was cleaning out a shed with a friend who was moving; we were grabbing the last few things for the night as it was just about dark, and something shot out of the shed and attacked me! That squirrel climbed my leg, up my chest, and jumped off my shoulder and landed in front of me. He looked as surprised as I was, I tried to kick him out the door, but he ran between my legs and back into the shed. I decided at that point that the truck was full enough for the night, we closed the shed and got out of there.

colb

View attachment 70355 View attachment 70356 View attachment 70357
5 little guys came out of this limb we rigged down this morning from about 75’ up
I think it’s a flying squirrel?
Never knew they lived inside trees always thought they made nest on limbs?

I dropped a live oak with a flying squirrel nest about 7 years ago. The nest was on top of branches - not in a cavity. Sounds like they are capable of both. My squirrels ran off into two separate trees when I got close and that was how I noticed they were there. I then got to see two of them "fly" in broad daylight as they reunited with their parent/s and siblings in the other tree. I love their big black eyes, and sharp high pitched nighttime vocalizations.

southsoundtree

Shiny thingy and supplemental friction stub, rigged several long redwood branches, took a few flick-off-able wraps to hold, descended, and landed them. IMG_20200921_170740796_HDR.jpg IMG_20200922_150457655.jpg

Dogwood removal's grind.

Neighbor wanted mulch.

IMG_20200922_143956064.jpg

Same lowering without friction stub, different friction setting, with long fir branches, after my ground help left for the day.

IMG_20200921_130604006.jpg

39Buick

Shiny thingy and supplemental friction stub, rigged several long redwood branches, took a few flick-off-able wraps to hold, descended, and landed them. View attachment 70382 View attachment 70383

Dogwood removal's grind.

Neighbor wanted mulch.

View attachment 70384

Same lowering without friction stub, different friction setting, with long fir branches, after my ground help left for the day.

View attachment 70385
What are your thoughts on that shiny thingy?

Serf Life

So my chip truck with a half load wouldn’t start after finishing a job, called a local with a big wrecker for a tow. Checked three shops that do trucks/diesel and earliest opening was two weeks. The tow guy also runs a successful garage and said “I bet it is just the starter and I’ll put it in if that’s the issue”. Truck towed at 1pm and he called with it done at 3pm, $505 including tow. He is also “two weeks out.” How often does that happen these days? Renewed some faith in society which was really nice.
. B244E62E-02B2-445A-B83A-F81E92778DC8.jpeg

oldoakman

So my chip truck with a half load wouldn’t start after finishing a job, called a local with a big wrecker for a tow. Checked three shops that do trucks/diesel and earliest opening was two weeks. The tow guy also runs a successful garage and said “I bet it is just the starter and I’ll put it in if that’s the issue”. Truck towed at 1pm and he called with it done at 3pm, $505 including tow. He is also “two weeks out.” How often does that happen these days? Renewed some faith in society which was really nice.
. View attachment 70483
Remember that if he ever calls you for tree work.

Wrangler

I have older trucks and equipment and I carry a multimeter to every job. Usually takes only a few minutes to find cause of a no start problem. Most of the time someone runs to parts store and we can fix it on site.
You got really lucky though, that was s great deal!

Njdelaney

Did this really crispy oak in a campground yeasterday, always so many grill covers, screen rooms, 40 yr old trailer roofs....I hold my breath every time a little twig falls off View attachment 70496 View attachment 70497
Am I seeing two rope wrenches tied in to two different trees on either side of the tree you're removing? Did you spur your way up and just tend slack until you were essentially horizontal? Seems like a good plan, I have a similar task looming and this may be a better way to approach it.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom