Rope Wrench - Hitch/Rope compendium.

Sprucinator

I saw in here somewhere that people were curious to how the knut and michoacan compare performance wise and thought I'd chime in on that. I learned on the knut and used it pretty exclusively. Then I learned more about the michoacan and got to try it out today on a job and I have to say, I am a changed man. It pulls up so easily and I have so much more control on my decent than I did with the knut. The knut would sometimes bind up on me and then sometimes drop me when it releases. There seems to be more friction in that hitch than the michoacan.

I'm using a 26" 8mm HRC with 5 wrap michoacan on Yale Focus/bluemoon with a 7.5" tether on my rope wrench.

LordFarkwad

Cornell Hitch, 4-wrap, 28" 9.3mm epi eye to eye, Marlow Vega and Yale/Samson Ivy varieties.

I'm 195lbs, in the buck.

Two finger descent initiation. Immediate arrest of descent when released. Had never locked up hard, so far.

I was formerly almost exclusively a Mich. man. This is better. Only used it on dry days so far. It is more difficult to tie.

Mowerr

I saw in here somewhere that people were curious to how the knut and michoacan compare performance wise and thought I'd chime in on that. I learned on the knut and used it pretty exclusively. Then I learned more about the michoacan and got to try it out today on a job and I have to say, I am a changed man. It pulls up so easily and I have so much more control on my decent than I did with the knut. The knut would sometimes bind up on me and then sometimes drop me when it releases. There seems to be more friction in that hitch than the michoacan.

I'm using a 26" 8mm HRC with 5 wrap michoacan on Yale Focus/bluemoon with a 7.5" tether on my rope wrench.
Cornell Hitch, 4-wrap, 28" 9.3mm epi eye to eye, Marlow Vega and Yale/Samson Ivy varieties.

I'm 195lbs, in the buck.

Two finger descent initiation. Immediate arrest of descent when released. Had never locked up hard, so far.

I was formerly almost exclusively a Mich. man. This is better. Only used it on dry days so far. It is more difficult to tie.
Thats the beauty of using hitch cord...and why it's important to learn as many friction hitches u can because different ropes and cords with varying amounts of wear, the weather and your anchor placement can cause your hitch to perform differently.
So knowing variations and knowing different hitches can give your the exact kind of performance you want.

rico

160lbs, 4/1 Michoacan, epiCORD 9.3mm 28", Poison Ivy 11.7 (was running Ocean 8mm 28", but it bound up too much for my taste. epiCord is perfect. Made me want to use the Wrench more than the Runner.)
Try a 3/1 Michoacan with a 24" 8mm e2e. Amazing for a climber in your weight class.

Marshy

4/1 Michoacán with a 28" RIT 9mm cord on my Vortex Cool. I tried it with a VT and was having trouble getting it to tend. The Michoacán was clutch. 220#
I've been noticing the Michoacan hasn't been tending nicely. I think I'm going wash my hitch cord and see if that make a difference. It was being so problematic I tied a Distel and it resolved the problem. Anyone have a similar experience with the 9mm RIT cord or the Michoacan?

AdkEric

I've been noticing the Michoacan hasn't been tending nicely. I think I'm going wash my hitch cord and see if that make a difference. It was being so problematic I tied a Distel and it resolved the problem. Anyone have a similar experience with the 9mm RIT cord or the Michoacan?
I've had some inconsistencies with 9mm RIT. I prefer a firmer hitch cord, I use HRC almost exclusively now.

Christrees

I haven't yet cords still pretty new but I was using a 4 over 1 michoacan 9mm rit on 11mm velocity omg.. I've never tended easier. It definitely tended like a mechanical. Was amazing. Could have been a 3 over 1 but I'm pretty sure it was 4.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts
Top Bottom