rope runner pro

JMerritt

@bonner1040 , @treebing what about using a bolt with built in thread lock patch? Sounds like they are coming from the factory with thread lock on but the manual does not call for reapplication after making an adjustment. The nylon thread lock patch doesn’t lock as ticght as liquid but it stays useful for several tight-loose cycles.

LordFarkwad

Mine was fine. I don't notice any evidence of thread locker. That claim seems...iffy to me. Why would some but not others on a production run?
I could be misremembering, for sure - but I could've sworn there was blue on the end of each bolt, and there definitely was a "breaking" sensation that accompanied that first bit of movement on the initial removal. I'll go check if it criosses my mind tomorrow.

TallTreeClimber

I could be misremembering, for sure - but I could've sworn there was blue on the end of each bolt, and there definitely was a "breaking" sensation that accompanied that first bit of movement on the initial removal. I'll go check if it criosses my mind tomorrow.
I did not remove my bolt, but the only break was the slight head torque I had to overcome to loosen. I would be willing to bet that if I removed the bolt it woul reveal no loctite. I am a mechanic by trade and a mechanical engineer by degree, so I have a feel for these kind of things.

I have been wrong once before though.

JeffGu

When the popularity of wire coat hangers began to fade, I think the Chinese figured out what to do with all that cheapass pot metal laying around the foundry... they started making those crappy allen wrenches they include with $29.95 furniture from Wally World.

dsptech

In defense of Mr. BingBam, the RRPro is his beautifully designed work of art.
I'm sure the corporate overloads at "She-tree and co." had a board meeting to decided on the quality and inclusion of said allen wrench and the discounted shipping method.

LordFarkwad

I did not remove my bolt, but the only break was the slight head torque I had to overcome to loosen. I would be willing to bet that if I removed the bolt it woul reveal no loctite. I am a mechanic by trade and a mechanical engineer by degree, so I have a feel for these kind of things.

I have been wrong once before though.
Whatcha say, Mr. Mech. E.?

Attachments

misfit

There is nothing wrong with the Allen wrench. It fits and works just fine, and I think it is essential to provide one since most people will need to adjust the bollard for their rope. The wrench does not fit very deeply in the bolt, because the bolt is understandably designed to be as low-profile as possible. So there is not much of the bolt head for the wrench to "bite" making it more important to keep the wrench straight. But it works fine if you just pay attention.

rico

First world problems.
Right. I just spent $275,000 on a new Lamborgucci with a 2000 house power V24. I said fuck it and had em' pimp out the interior with their top of the line virgin baby lamb leather seats, and a dashboard made from 4000 year old Bristlecone Pine. Imagine my surprise when I realized my neurotic ass can't stand the smell of virgin baby lamb leather.. Oh well, I guess I'll have to sell this POS....

TallTreeClimber

There is nothing wrong with the Allen wrench. It fits and works just fine, and I think it is essential to provide one since most people will need to adjust the bollard for their rope. The wrench does not fit very deeply in the bolt, because the bolt is understandably designed to be as low-profile as possible. So there is not much of the bolt head for the wrench to "bite" making it more important to keep the wrench straight. But it works fine if you just pay attention.
"Fine" is not what I would say about that wrench. As others have pointed out, and I myself would classify under "playing with fire" as an adequate descriptor. For one, not only is the end suspect, but the length is too short to get an adequate hand hold on it while using it. I used my Husky allen set from Home depot, which has a better end and a hand appropriate length, and I would say that wrench was fine.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom