3D printed gear hooks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Dunlap

Here from the beginning
Administrator
There is already enough plagiarism and outright stealing going on in this industry and I don't think we should be encouraging it here.

A number of years ago I was talking with Denny Moorehouse from ISC about some flap going on about a new carabiner feature. His comment was: Who do we send the royalty check for inventing a carabiner too?

If there is a royalty check going out I will give you my address so I can collect them and share them with Marv. He came up with the idea first and I brought it to arborculture...along with the spring loaded snap hook concept. I'll be rich, I know it!

What type-face is the Irony color? LOL

treesap

1: dont call me son
2: its a hook, nothing more nothing less, even if someone has patented it, there is prior art involved, just like a water bottle, doorknob, bolts, keys, bricks, etc
3: your welcome to say what you want, do you really think it affects me in any way other than laughing at what your saying? like I said before, your barking up the wrong tree, your welcome to keep replying, but im gonna start ignoring you Rico, as you have nothing better to do than waste my time

rico

You had an opportunity a few months ago to learn something from me, but unfortunately that horse left the barn.

You had an opportunity here to show yourself to be a decent human being by not attempting to make a little money on the coat-tails of the Shem-biner..Sadly that horse has also left to the barn son.

Last edited:

Mark Chisholm

Administrator
Administrator
Mark, I'm not duplicating the shembiner, if I put a gate on it, you would say I'm duplicating a carritool, or transporter, A hook is a hook, Doesn't matter who designed or made it, mine looks similar, but it is NOT the same, and is NOT a copy of the famous shembiner, mine is a totally different material, size, and shape, feel free to have Shem get in contact with me, so we can see if im copying him
my Email is: ZinanRiot@yahoo.com
Shem saw this thread and thanked me and the others for keeping his interests in mind. He also said that he sold the idea to CMI (like was referenced earlier) so he doesn't care about this. And for the record, I don't have a horse in this either, just saw the similarity and wanted to make it known that a fellow tree climber spent effort to create something that may be very similar to the original post. I'm not bent about it and was never considering deleting your posts or shutting anyone down. Just sharing thoughts.

Mark Chisholm

Administrator
Administrator
Precisely. Sorry man.
You know Thomas, you've been pretty aggressive towards me here through the years and have even questioned my integrity, which doesn't sit well. I'm not a fan of internet mouth wars, so maybe it's time for you and me to discuss any grievances you may have with me face to face? How about we set aside some time at TCI Expo this year?

rico

I wonder how Kevin and Richard feel about lowlifes stealing their designs and ideas?

Viva la Rope Wrench and the Mini Saka, and shame on anyone who pays this disrespectful little
twerp a fucking dime for someone else's ideas and efforts...

asc179k-500.gif PD022BA00CAM34C-2.jpg cli527-500.jpg cli520-v-500.gif Shembinerweb_large.png 1613776325687.png

Last edited:

Stumpsprouts

You know Thomas, you've been pretty aggressive towards me here through the years and have even questioned my integrity, which doesn't sit well. I'm not a fan of internet mouth wars, so maybe it's time for you and me to discuss any grievances you may have with me face to face? How about we set aside some time at TCI Expo this year?
What a great example of an adult reaching out to another adult to resolve a conflict with open and clear communication. A relic of the old days!

RopeShield

I quit alcohol last summer.
I am not as angry and bitter about the way America has treated me in the past and the way in which I managed relationships.
Sorry you feel the way you do. I don't know you personally please delete what you can.
I won't be coming to America.
Hard for us to walk a mile in another man's shoes
Have a safe, happy and productive season
Thanks
Thomas

Mark Chisholm

Administrator
Administrator
I quit alcohol last summer.
I am not as angry and bitter about the way America has treated me in the past and the way in which I managed relationships.
Sorry you feel the way you do. I don't know you personally please delete what you can.
I won't be coming to America.
Hard for us to walk a mile in another man's shoes
Have a safe, happy and productive season
Thanks
Thomas
I don't feel I need to delete anything. Congrats on your personal improvements and best of luck.

Richard Mumford-yoyoman

I would be glade to discuss in private email any questions.
Nothing here relates to my case.
Just a couple of comments, what an inventor may consider.
Is there a patent?
Is there perceived ownership?
If there is a patent, what is claimed?
Does your invention infringe all of the independent claims?
Communicate with the perceived owner to help determine direction.
Innovate.

Love the 3D printing. Lost a knob on my brush mower, could have ordered a new one but just printed out instead.

https://a360.co/2ZJhSVi

treesap

I tried to contact CMI about this, and have not received a reply, nor have I seen any patent info on the shembiner, so im not too worried about anything, thanks for the replies tho

Njdelaney

@rico this hook looks to my eyes like something in between the new Buck carrier and a Shembiner. There are obvious differences, like the shape and size of the opening, the overall size of the storage area, the orientation of the strong axis of the material, the lack of a little bump to retain a saw or tool, the price, etc. If you could unsee this whole thread from the beginning and @treesap had posted a title like "multi-purpose gear hook" and had never mentioned the Shembiner would you have the same feelings? This looks more to me like the drill/driver hooks made for toolbelts you can buy in many different iterations of the same idea. Lots of companies make them with only tiny differences and consumers are free to pick the one that has the details they like most for their own use. I agree with you most of the time but this one is a hard sell for me so I'd like to know where you're coming from. Of course Petzl robbed Kevin, of course Weaver copied Richard. Those are blatant examples of Goliath vs. David in the financial department but this is such a basic concept it seems hard to make a case of stealing an idea when there are many differences in even this basic idea. Do you believe that the OP mentioning the Shembiner by name was an attempt at associating it's success with his product? Is there a back story we aren't privy to? I'd love to know where your coming from and I don't think I'm the only one. No offense intended to either party here either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo
Top Bottom