I’m also confused about this particular bid.
When I mention cranes as a possibility I usually present it as just that, a possibility- the price is set regardless, as not using a crane will require equal parts additional labor. Sometimes the crane operator we contract out might not be able to...
Too bad log prices are at an all time low and the big mills around here are all closed. Loggers hardly make any money as it is on projects here, supply is too high.
Just like with the expansion of drilling, this is just posturing. There are so many drilling contracts in public lands that have...
Seems like the conservatives here are just taking a few days to contemplate why their taxes are going to be raised and why it’s some minority’s fault or something. No way to spin this tax bill. Allow for your minds to be changed. They are screwing us over so hard.
Oh it’s very clear it’s for tax cuts for the rich. He’ll bill it as tax cuts for everyone else but we will have to look at the fine print to tease out the bs.
This won’t produce a balanced budget either. They’ll say they will but it’s total bullshit. I already earned my $8m earlier in the...
A few online friends lost their jobs as urban foresters, I guess their jobs were funded via grants from the Arbor Day Foundation. The grants had some DEI language (increasing access to trees and their benefits to disadvantaged communities). No more urban foresters in those lil cities!
Some...
No redirect but lanyard on blue to cut what’s beyond that with foot in yellow crotch. Then hop down, lanyard on yellow crotch and cut stems beyond, then finish it around the trunk.
Really good article in The Guardian today about the recovery in our area- nuanced and well researched. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2025/feb/16/hurricane-helene-north-carolina-fema-rebuild
A lot of hurtles to long term recovery here. Logistics and culture play a big part...
Tell that to the 10,000 federal employees that have been fired so far.
Listen, do you want to save some money or not? This is the quickest way to do it. Or are you just in it for the politics.
You’re using the whitehouse.gov as a source? That’s hilarious.
The hole in the pentagon budget has been displayed in audits consistently every year. Need a source, google it, it’s widely reported, consistently in the mid 60% unaccounted for funds. Doge could make a unilateral budget cut to the...
Start with the biggest hole in the budget. Common sense.
We absolutey need to balance the budget. Hasn’t been done in my lifetime. They’ll say they’re doing it to reduce our debt but then they’ll cut wealthy taxes even more and won’t move the needle on the debt.
If you want to have an earnest discussion about auditing the government, let’s start with our biggest line item, the military..
Pentagon Can't Account For 63% Of Nearly $4 Trillion In Assets
There. I’ll save us all some money. You can pay me my day rate of $8M and I’ll be on my way. Look, I...
My friend was at our local library today with her toddler and there was a nazi in full uniform. So thanks to all you nazi apologists on here thinking it’s no big deal or it’s not happening. I know we all have enough plastic in our brains now to make a plastic spoon but none of you can really be...
lol thanks for that. Does this mean I can stop waiting at the DMV and posting on tree buzz?
I'm astonished at how long some severely pollarded Silver maples can live around here. And I suspect they live a longer life pollarded than in natural form. Maybe I'm turning to the dark side but I...
Brooklyn hardened me. My folks were hard to please too. lol
It also helps when it's not your business, you don't have that little touch of desperation and need. You're there and then you're not. Que sera sera.
Psychedelics help too. The ego is not a very useful tool most of the time.
Yes, I do sales. I work for 1) the trees 2) my employer 3) the client and 4) the crew and sometimes in the middle of that venn diagram we are all happy. The client needs a lot of therapy. Glad we are past the lockdown days when boomers would talk my ear off for an hour about nothing. I try to...