Search results

  1. Jehinten

    Big tree, no space

    Not the biggest Tulip Poplar around here by far, but a decent sized one with no room for the roots. Road on one side, sidewalk on the other and a brick ground scape on a 3rd side. You can see in the pics how the bricks are being impacted by the roots trying to grow, there are roots growing...
  2. Jehinten

    Log splitter weld job

    I have found a unicorn for welding and machine work. The only issue is he's about 40 mins away out in the sticks, but half the time he drives to me and checks out my projects at my place while he's in town. He retired from running his own machine shop and just works on the side now, and...
  3. Jehinten

    Tree video drama

    I saw that clip pop up on fb but I skipped past it. The quality of work and the amount of new people who watch that channel for "education" bothers me to the point where I won't watch any of his content to avoid adding to his views. As said above, I do think he does some of this stuff for...
  4. Jehinten

    Equipment Hauler

    My mini was 2200lbs on an old f350. I'd be pretty hesitant to do it with my current mini. A bigger truck it'd probably be fine. With that angle of a ramp, a wheeled machine is steadier on the breakover than a tracked machine.
  5. Jehinten

    Equipment Hauler

    An equipment trailer or dump trailer? If it's an equipment trailer you can ramp from the trailer to the truck bed, allowing for smaller ramps. This would require that the trailer be unloaded at every job. Depending on what is being towed, it may need unloaded for use at most jobs anyways...
  6. Jehinten

    Postcard mailers with photos, "creepy?"

    If your still trying to get work in that area. Park your chip truck there in evenings or weekends and do paperwork. Especially if the truck is lettered. This allows them to come up to you if they are looking to get some work done.
  7. Jehinten

    How do you handle diesel fuel for your equipment?

    I dont tend to smell like diesel fuel, however I pretty consistently smell like 2 stroke gas.
  8. Jehinten

    A spray bottle that lasts?

    It sounds like you've already got a solution, but I learned a trick that you can take the top off of these cans and push air back in them with an air blow gun. Set it over the stem and pull the trigger for about 10 seconds and it is repressurized.
  9. Jehinten

    ISO spur mounted foot ascender

    I run steel Kleins and I use a powerscender. I don't believe it's made anymore, but maybe someone has one.
  10. Jehinten

    Best pull behind sled?

    My kids love getting pulled behind the 4 wheeler on their sleds. What's the best sled that you've found that can handle the abuse of being pulled? The regular ones that we get at the store only last a season, which is normally only a day or two. We have a metal round sled that is still...
  11. Jehinten

    Today....

    I've only ridden a couple of times but they sure are fun. We are just starting to get snow here and I've had the 4 wheeler out sliding around. The kids (and me too) really like drifting around on it. They are predicting 10-14", I'm guessing I'll barely get around at that point, definitely...
  12. Jehinten

    Where to sell old equipment?

    I believe Landmark Machinery refurbishes equipment. There used to be someone from there on this forum
  13. Jehinten

    mini grapples.

    It may not be the best demonstration, but I had a video I uploaded to YouTube to post it here. It's pretty long and unedited, but it shows the titan grapple from the 1st post and the BMG rake. I'm running a bobcat mt100 in the video.
  14. Jehinten

    Light 14 or 16" narrow kerf bar for 200t or 201t

    Same setup here with my 201, and it can handle having the full bar buried in Oak. Although typically when you get to that size your better off switching out saws unless it's just 1 or 2 cuts
  15. Jehinten

    Mecanil Rake

    Gotcha. I've seen similar designs for attaching to an excavator grapple. I could see how he would need a kickstand for that design, unless it had a wide enough base to support itself vertically.
  16. Jehinten

    Mecanil Rake

    It's a learned skill. Assuming it's a bmg grapple and rake. Have him loosely grab it on the ground and lift for it to align itself with the bristles facing down. Then lift the arms and tilt the grapple back to line up the post before closing the grapple firmly. Often lining up that post is...
  17. Jehinten

    Mecanil Rake

    This is the bmg rake as well. If you didn't know, you can order replacement wood and tines that bolt into the frame. I needed to replace mine after about 5 years. It was stored outside for that period, so weather probably contributed to it beginning to fall apart.
  18. Jehinten

    Mecanil Rake

    Reviving an old thread, but it seemed like the best one to show this video under. Branch Manager grapple rake cleaning up after an Oak removal. The grapple truck does not run the rake as effiently as the miniskid does, but running it like this avoids a lot of trips up and down the ladder...
  19. Jehinten

    Today....

    It has been so far. He really seems to like it, however I think he is starting to feel some growing pains. He now has this crane and the 50t and cannot run both at the same time. It's hard to have a payment on a truck and to let it sit idle at the shop while running the other one.
  20. Jehinten

    Today....

    Declining Oak tree removal with just 2 guys. I ran the ground, miniskid, grapple truck and climbed, and hired in the crane operator who unhooked some slings as well as operating the crane. While I was climbing was really the only time a 3rd person could have been used, to finish loading the...

New threads New posts

Back
Top Bottom