Search results

  1. D

    Work Photos

    Camera orientation didn’t work well for video, oh well. Back limb weight so pulled it over.
  2. D

    Work Photos

    Sick cottonwood topped and flopped in the yard I think every cottonwood I have cut (which is not many) has had an included limb in the hinge. It seems it would be wise to shave the bark at least on the tension side if there is one and do a gap face so the hinge can be inspected.
  3. D

    TCIA WTF?

    Actually instagram is Ok but not much discussion. Facebook I have never seen a useful discussion just BS and smack talk, arbs and loggers
  4. D

    TCIA WTF?

    Social media tree work is trash
  5. D

    TCIA WTF?

    Join and there will be more Lots of good old threads to dig up too Ask burnham, he’s the old thread master
  6. D

    TCIA WTF?

    I have a buddy who still runs a flip phone and has an ipad with cell service
  7. D

    PNW get together

    Does anyone know the low impact forestry and tree guy?
  8. D

    PNW get together

    Talked to @Evo @27RMT0N and @southsoundtree about getting together on my old homestead this summer. Anyone else?
  9. D

    Work Photos

    Indeed. Keeping pieces on the small side helped. Letting it run a little helps, but we got to the point we couldn’t let it run without risking the shed, that’s where we quit. I’m more faller than climber/rigger. A tag ling with a second groundie would have been good.
  10. D

    Work Photos

    Power co and beetle kill, removal. Bigger than it looks. I topped out the lift and ended up thru wedging a pretty big top off (red). I really like that narrow alum wedge and 4lb estwing fireside friend. Rigged and lowered most of the right stem off the center. Another chunk off the center to...
  11. D

    TCIA WTF?

    Social media is “easier” I think. IIRC his channels have gotten to where they are paid memberships. Gotta stay on top of the content for that.
  12. D

    TCIA WTF?

    Masterblasterhome.com
  13. D

    TCIA WTF?

    I have been on TreeHouse for a quite a while and quite like it there.
  14. D

    Today....

    Fire?
  15. D

    PNW laminated rot, overgrowth, hoarding, demo, GTG?

    The tree is up in the air. Why cut it down, piece it up, pick it up, rake it up? Just drop it on the trailer and drive away. YouTube comments section freaked out and it went viral.
  16. D

    PNW laminated rot, overgrowth, hoarding, demo, GTG?

    Dad passed and left a mess Evo thinks we have some laminated root rot. I’ll be up this summer…who wants to party?!
  17. D

    PNW laminated rot, overgrowth, hoarding, demo, GTG?

    Then and now…
  18. D

    Work Photos

    Today’s hackery. thought they would have the fence down but had to do it. Couldn’t fit truck and lift in the side yard under the eaves, had to push it in by hand. I’ve not been feeling well, out of it…forgot gas for the lift and the 2511. Delays got the temp up. Cut the downed tree out of the...
  19. D

    Today....

    When I was little, limbs used to come to the ground and I used to climb this one high above the ocean spray undergrowth so that it looked like a meadow below…and up beyond the tops of the other shorter Dougs. She’s all grown up now.

New threads New posts

Back
Top Bottom