Aleppo pine does that drying in the desert. Make you keep stopping to check your chain because it feels like you hit something and rounded the cutters off. Chain has to be sharp and a little aggressive to bite but not too much or will grab. The window gets very narrow.
@Jehinten
Yeah you couldn’t with an alder. Maybe with the no back cut method. The euc and oak I deal with probably wouldn’t chair, but it won’t bend much either.
This type of thing is my bread and butter. Haven’t worked on that specific machine but experience tells me that split washer inside might be tapered annd or have a flange and you may need to drive it in from the outside. Try a chisel in the split to open it and around the outside to compress it...
We are not kids any more but my wife lost her dad from late diagnosis terminal cancer in October. Pretty quick, blindsided. Everyone is still reeling. Today would be his birthday, that he shared with our daughter. Wife lost her little brother to his own hand 20 years ago…rough.
My dad died in...
This morning the warped-from-heat roof of this thing popped like a Snapple lid under my weight and I thought I was going off the edge. Long way down to hard dirt parking lot…
Yes. Poor drawing. Usually I’m a ways away for one reason or another so I actually usually end up sweeping the back cut back and forth with the tip more.
Unless you want a little redirect…