Search results

  1. D

    Bid that tree!

    Very little or no LZ
  2. D

    Bid that tree!

    2-3 codoms. You can see about 50-75% of the total.
  3. D

    TGR Benefits

    Did I ever tell you about the cactus repo man?
  4. D

    Teach me about dump trailers

    It’s required great discipline to focus on the cleanup before the trees
  5. D

    Teach me about dump trailers

    Neighbor let me borrow a small dump trailer which worked well for soggy Sheetrock and MDF, and got in tight spots, but was too small to be efficient with bulky stuff. Eventually I will be small scale low impact logging the place. Removing laminated root rot and a very select harvest of money trees.
  6. D

    Teach me about dump trailers

    Been cleaning up the mess my dad left me up by @27RMT0N. Too tight to get the goose in comfortably at first so forwarding with the tractor. Feel for rocks and metal in the bushes with the bucket with the mower up high. Once leaves off, pass again with the deck lower. Skid mower maybe better for...
  7. D

    Work Photos

    I have a jonsered “2175” which they never actually made. It’s a pretty red husky 372xpw (5 More ccs) ported by Kevin Lavanway who knows his stuff. I had it on the Telehandler and it fell off and ran it over. :-( still need to piece it back together.
  8. D

    Today....

    Nope
  9. D

    PNW laminated rot, overgrowth, hoarding, demo, GTG?

    Yeah, old leftovers from various jobs over the years. They'll get stacked under the RV trailer til I get there. Unload trash MANually. Unless I successfully rig up some kind of pulley system for the winch.
  10. D

    Today....

    Funny, I just saw that on a fire map.
  11. D

    PNW laminated rot, overgrowth, hoarding, demo, GTG?

    More wrathful grapes 111 is too hot to be messing with this
  12. D

    PNW laminated rot, overgrowth, hoarding, demo, GTG?

    You should come run this one. ;-) Then you'll want to send yours to Kevin.
  13. D

    PNW laminated rot, overgrowth, hoarding, demo, GTG?

    “PNW brush special” 24” of .325” on an XS ported 346xp. Cutting the ocean spray with the 20” echo 590 was heavy, short on reach, and chattery This will handle anything on the property, but I’ll bring some other fun things too
  14. D

    PNW laminated rot, overgrowth, hoarding, demo, GTG?

    A 60s dodge power wagon. That’s my buddy’s place in Bremerton. We go back many years from being “sweptline” enthusiasts. Going to stash my truck there for the summer. Sean topped 3 deads for me there a couple years ago, and now there’s another.
  15. D

    PNW laminated rot, overgrowth, hoarding, demo, GTG?

    Grapes of wrath Beverly hillbillies?
  16. D

    Work Photos

    That’s one I haven’t encountered yet. Sometimes Warn refers people to this guy when there’s a tough problem. He’s really good. Helped me sort 3 winches. https://www.montanajacks.com/
  17. D

    Work Photos

    Also worm drive winches are better than planetary as rule, whether electric or hydraulic. No load line speed isn’t as fast, but loaded doesn’t slow down. Also, a worm drive needs much less braking as power cannot flow backwards thru a worm drive. I used and abused a used warn 12k for decades...
  18. D

    Work Photos

    The limit of the electric winch is duty cycle. It pays to research and abide by that. Also, don’t operate them with low power very much. A pulley can double the pull force and halve the speed or double the speed and halve the force for dragging brush. Put pulley on the end of winch line...

New threads New posts

Back
Top Bottom