Search results

  1. atreeperson

    Large Oak Tree

    I've done one "ALL Deadwood" on a 45' tall red maple prune- sold by an oblivious/unkind landscaper I used to work for- pruned to about 3/8" then went back for the rest when client wasn't satisfied
  2. atreeperson

    Unusual Pruning Types

    Wellesley Oak pruning- gotta have the arborists out to remove the lowest limbs every 5 years, so you end up with a 15 foot canopy on an 80 foot tree, basically whole tree lion tailing
  3. atreeperson

    "Not Welter Weights" on hitch and RW

    I'm usually around 200, and liked the distel, VT, Michioacan, and knut. 9 or 9.3mm cord on 11.7mm rope had way les binding for me. That said, I haven't climbed on a hitch in 5 years since I got a compact adjustable Bulldog Bone from @surveyor It just works, all the time. Worked when I...
  4. atreeperson

    What is your specialty / niche?

    Do you carry extra insurance/ what liability is assumed by giving a professional consultation?
  5. atreeperson

    Large Oak Tree

    Yeah, we don't worry about oak wilt in ME yet- prune away if it's not a risk in your area
  6. atreeperson

    Large Oak Tree

    Tell em it's not good to prune oaks during the growing season, most folks are happy for professionals to have professional opinions- To my eye that oak needs a light end weight reduction more than another round of interior pruning- reminds me of "Wellesley Oaks" just limb elevated with every...
  7. atreeperson

    So you thought you knew how to tie your boots

    Bro, there is a reason the top two lacing points are hooks- just pull tight and pop those laces right over the hooks- Surgeons knot for boots is the way! Never need the second backup myself Also, If you wear the same thickness of socks you don't even need to retie the next day- I tie my...
  8. atreeperson

    Stanford University looking for Tree Specialist I

    Pay, job description or link to job posting?
  9. atreeperson

    Any Colorado companies hiring climbers?

    The world is in a living wage crisis too-
  10. atreeperson

    hedge trimming.

    I bet a builders laser level would work great for totally flat and level tops!
  11. atreeperson

    I got a great job offer and I'm second guessing myself.

    100% set up a working interview/ trial. More for you to feel out the new crew than opposite- have pay negotiated beforehand- also you should be paid for the day
  12. atreeperson

    Planting & Preservation Forum?

    It's great that those woods were preserved, but that development is a nightmare!
  13. atreeperson

    Planting & Preservation Forum?

    Plant it high forum
  14. atreeperson

    Pruning older and neglected apple trees

    Exactly moss and evo- yard Apple trees aren't orchard trees, balance form/aesthetics with fruit-I personally lean strongly towards pruning for form.
  15. atreeperson

    Pulling with Snatch rings vs. X-Rings vs. Blocks

    One could make an integrated soft shackle sling for use with a snatch ring- would be very compact and tidy. I believe I discuss that splice in a thread on the treehouse forum, but it's been a min since I've actually made one- Treestuff makes them called "soft claw", and you can figure it...
  16. atreeperson

    Please keep your parrot indoors

    Lol, did i tell you my parrot rescue attempt story when you were up in Maine? Similar to Evos but the bird flew off at the first throw line shot into a greenbelt of 100'+ Doug fir. Totally amazed you got him!
  17. atreeperson

    Kask Super Plasma with visor

    I know right, if only I needed a new saddle
  18. atreeperson

    Bid that tree!

    Pop on up to Maine too while you're at it!
  19. atreeperson

    Girth hitch dyneema?

    Separate sheets and a soft shackle is what a lot of folks go with
  20. atreeperson

    [SOLD] Yale Scandere 150'

    I'll take the arbormaster

New threads New posts

Back
Top Bottom