So you all know about collective nouns like a murder of crows or pride of lions- I was walking with a friend who asked- is there a name for groups of a particular type of tree?
would love to hear what yall can come up with for collective nouns for tree species or genera
here are few...
Second the toggled zeppelin bend- if it's super dooper critical I tie it with long tails and tie scaffold knots on the lines - don't think it actually does anything other than peace of mind
Also IMO it's not critical to have a tapered toggle, the toggle prevents the knot from tightening against...
Ceramic paring knife for dyneema- I bought this one for $6, have used it for personal splicing for 10+years! Made this teeny soft shackle prussic today, and it cut the dyneema just fine
Why put it in the ground at all? My first impression was you were basically talking about artificial nurse log- could be done with biodegradable erosion control sock wound up in a spiral with little tree in the middle- would largely be self protected against foot traffic and mowers by being...
I was looking at US cargo control from the GRCS thread- seemed like a really extensive selection- higher $ for free shipping tho
https://www.uscargocontrol.com/
You do in fact like the government imposing limits on what people can do, that's literally what private property is. The government guaranteeing that other people are denied acces to or say on particular sections of the earth.
If we are doing the right or smart thing for its own sake, lets...
I probably would have gone higher than 5 feet up unless that's getting into tiny stuff. Def not worth cutting the old cable out of codom coastal red spruce IMO- almost always limb locked tops keep any frequency resonance concerns to no worries