Search results

  1. Muggs

    New HitchHikerXF

    Knut H, drawing by @Brocky
  2. Muggs

    Two Rope Climbing

    I do 2 systems when it makes sense for me, not out of an ideology. I do either 2 SRT or 1 SRT and 1 DdRT, never 2 DdRT. Ascending in 2 systems sounds bonkers to me, I couldn't do it, haven't tried.
  3. Muggs

    DownRigger, Rigging Wrench (or Scarab, or....)??

    I also got sucked down the scarab rabbit hole on here yesterday, now I want to try it in place of my mini porty in the tree for drifting
  4. Muggs

    DownRigger, Rigging Wrench (or Scarab, or....)??

    I often use an x-ring in the lower third of the tree, to improve rope angles and add extra friction in natural crotch rigging. Nothing to retrieve up top, the low ring is easy to retrieve before coming down. I love that old video with McMahon. Beranek also covers this technique in The Working...
  5. Muggs

    DownRigger, Rigging Wrench (or Scarab, or....)??

    Natural crotch has always been my go-to. I use my 3-strand more than any other line. But a device can handle more weight, by hand, without adding friction down low. I found myself in a big walnut a couple years ago, side job for my wife's cousin, no cleanup, no crew to help, just me and the...
  6. Muggs

    DownRigger, Rigging Wrench (or Scarab, or....)??

    I use a homemade rigging wrench as well, with an X-Ring and a steel zk1. It gets the job done but not great for catching anything dynamic. My worry with the DR is pre-tensioning, doesn't look to me like you can pull it very tight before the cut...? I haven't used it. I have a friend who loves...
  7. Muggs

    Carrying cabling gear in the canopy

    Ed, I like that, installing the one rig guy on the ground. Makes a lot of sense, I'm going to try that. What are you using for a wire puller?
  8. Muggs

    Carrying cabling gear in the canopy

    I'm still using an old backpack for my stuff. Switched to ehs with rigguys a while back, so much easier than traditional. Don't use cobra much anymore, but sometimes. Got this DeWalt 3 inch cutoff tool for ehs, works mint on the ground and aloft.
  9. Muggs

    Protos Fail

    Been on a PMI Advantage for over a year, kevlar, super light, love it. When you say it "landed", how far did it fall?
  10. Muggs

    How to Get Power from a Pulley

    Handy-billy
  11. Muggs

    How to Get Power from a Pulley

    If a pulley is a rotary lever, then increasing the sheave diameter doesn't increase the leverage because both the input side and the output side of the lever are always equal in size, equal to the radius of the pulley. It is a seesaw lever, with both sides equal on either side of the fulcrum...
  12. Muggs

    How to Get Power from a Pulley

    Brion is a legend. I love it when I stumble across one of his posts in old threads here on the buzz. That's an elegant explanation of the leverage of pulleys...
  13. Muggs

    How to Get Power from a Pulley

    I knew I had seen the name handy-billy before...
  14. Muggs

    How to Get Power from a Pulley

    @Tom Dunlap
  15. Muggs

    Does z133 {and/or any other industry regs} specifically require a face shields for ground saw operation?

    I was told that the HSE in the UK requires a face shield but far as I know it's not required in the US
  16. Muggs

    Break test results of various rigging slings constructed of 12 strand hollow braid

    So, roughly, relative to tensile: Loopie 1.5X Ultra 1.2X Deadeye and Whoopie 0.9X This is great info John, really appreciate you getting these tested
  17. Muggs

    c

    I look forward to winter shutdown every single year. I spend the time with my family. Reading, writing, planning, splicing. We have an outdoor rink. Planning for next season. Recovering the body. Love the time off.
  18. Muggs

    GRCS mounting mod

    I talked to Greg at TCIA, he had no qualms with this setup
  19. Muggs

    GRCS mounting mod

    Interesting, glad you found that

New threads New posts

Back
Top Bottom