Search results

  1. southsoundtree

    Glaciertek.com Coolvests

    Is like to stitch insulating fleece on the outside of the vest/ inside the pocket on the outer wall.
  2. southsoundtree

    vertical speedline size/weight limits

    Can you explain why you think it's the way to go, and why only conifers? I cut a conifer here and there and rarely, rarely leave dampening branches.
  3. southsoundtree

    vertical speedline size/weight limits

    How about driving a big-ol' eye lag in the butt at a bit of an angle to the force of the VSL for the bottom anchor to get it at ground level? Maybe no help. Maybe cut the anchor point into a recess.
  4. southsoundtree

    Today....

    Killing laurel at a waterfront property. ms261/ 20" for scale. In the top 5 for size on this 5 acre parcel, 1.5 miles from my shop.
  5. southsoundtree

    Glaciertek.com Coolvests

    Coolvests have roughly 4x's the coverage as a Camelback. Roofers could use them very well...too often working in full sun.
  6. southsoundtree

    Technique for climbing dead tree while TIP in another.

    I've got a crumbly-butt madrona leaned into/ pushing over a green doug-fir. Walk-in only (common, here). I'll guy the madrona in a "V" with 2 rope pullers. Guy the fir. Climb the underside.
  7. southsoundtree

    Glaciertek.com Coolvests

    Feels great, like wearable A/C.
  8. southsoundtree

    vertical speedline size/weight limits

    Sounds like a hard to predict tangle/ hanger fest possibility of VSL with limbs on. If you'll be processing each piece as it comes down, it sends that the ground crew will be working under increasingly damaged limbs that will be away from both climber and ground crew. 2 climbers working...
  9. southsoundtree

    Technique for climbing dead tree while TIP in another.

    High lines can be made easily too tight, especially with wind. "V-hangs" between to trees with 2 systems can exert high lateral loads, too. Guy lines, as needed.
  10. southsoundtree

    Glaciertek.com Coolvests

    Different strokes. Everyone here has liked them on hot days, even after it was seen as a burden before experiencing them. I'm pretty heat-tolerant but not as much as when younger. I feel way better at night after not having such heat challenge all day. We still take breaks and use the...
  11. southsoundtree

    Texting a business card

    I'm looking for a good introduction. I get people texting/ calling me because existing clients tell them they should call me for a hazard tree or orchard pruning, or large tree pruning or..., and may not know I prune Japanese maples and orchards or have low-impact options or grinding. They may...
  12. southsoundtree

    vertical speedline size/weight limits

    Pictures would help so much. Is it visible on Google Maps/ earth? A tree that size will have lots of hazards. Climbing, or at least a drone inspection, will be prudent. Tangled with big maples means deadwood issues are likely. Both inspections would set you up even better for success...
  13. southsoundtree

    vertical speedline size/weight limits

    I wouldn't do the top first. Someone was showing me that technique early on, then the electrician showed up. He couldn't see the service drop and hit it. Occasionally, I'll leave a couple branches on it for dampening.
  14. southsoundtree

    Mystery problem cutting?

    Bar pics up close to the trails will help. A new chain will tell you it's your bar or its your chain. Different wood will tell you if it's the spongy cottonwood. Any j-cutting? Wedging?
  15. southsoundtree

    Texting a business card

    I get a lot of people calling on referral. If I haven't given them a physical business card and they haven't looked at my website, they don't know all we do. Someone recently said they didn't know we did climbing jobs and asked us to come handle something as their first choice of...
  16. southsoundtree

    Love tree work. Not the tree business.

    Ya know they tell you to Say "LaVee" when up against such a situation.
  17. southsoundtree

    FREE Branch Manager "Pro" Grapple

    Idk how many generations there were. Mine is 12 years old/ 800 hours on my mini of the same age. Some non- BMG hours, maybe deduct 100 hours. Going strong.

New threads New posts

Back
Top Bottom