Search results

  1. southsoundtree

    Hitchhiker 2 on a shackle

    Is the picture different that spine toward climber. Or just reverse-angle from the climber perspective. Some people have the hitch faced 180⁰ to Paul Cox's original instructions, IIRC.
  2. southsoundtree

    Wedgin' n jackin'

    Yesterday
  3. southsoundtree

    Wedgin' n jackin'

    I'm hoping to get a Silvey today. This 20T was a big help.
  4. southsoundtree

    New guy and Douglas Firs

    Nothing wrong with truck cinching around a lot of limbs, vertically spread. I climb on high-shot base-ties, all the time. If ever in doubt, use a higher stretch climbing line (leave the htp in the truck) and/ or incorporate a Yates Screamer. No issues.
  5. southsoundtree

    Trail Cam and Wildlife Thread

    My neck of Steamboat
  6. southsoundtree

    New guy and Douglas Firs

    I use one of the many 'stick tricks' to whip my rope against the trunk using a spiral over-the-top roll. Works great. A heavy weight and steel biner between throw line and climb line let's you float that heavy transition point between the rope and line, flipping and flicking it in unusual ways.
  7. southsoundtree

    How much is your Climber/ Lift Op vs. Groundworker lowering brush and wood?

    Welcome @peoriatreeremovalco ! I'm a Chicago native. Lived in Champaign and Carbondale.
  8. southsoundtree

    How much is your Climber/ Lift Op vs. Groundworker lowering brush and wood?

    My name's Sean and I'm an O.L.D.S. (@tomsunlap 's thread) addict. Mostly, I cut and lower, so I can feather my tension to support a hinge to swing a piece When using a tearcut of one shape or another instead of a hinge, I can feather tension to turn potential energy into wood fiber...
  9. southsoundtree

    Arbor trolley

    The AT extensions are great! The AT makes a great, rolling sawbuck, if you choose to cut wood , not mash your chain on steel. I choose the don't mash option.
  10. southsoundtree

    Arbor trolley

    I've started to ask people if they understand how something is sensible. Why ask if something straightforward and sensible makes sense? I know it does. Landing pieces on something (log, rock, hill) to prevent rope-trapping, then pulling slack, and introducing slack into a running knot to...
  11. southsoundtree

    WTB Chipper in PNW

    It's possible. Idk.
  12. southsoundtree

    WTB Chipper in PNW

    Aren't bc1000 12"? From what I can tell from a distance, I bet Ryan is very straight-up, and that 254 machine is worth a real consideration. He's been here for 20 years-ish.
  13. southsoundtree

    Arbor trolley

    I lost a slight backleaning, dead, rotten tree to an employee brainfart, recently. He's an engineering student, in for a second summer. Came in tired and running late, regularly, but with food and daily personal supplies, generally doing Call-and-Respond and acting prudently, learning quickly...
  14. southsoundtree

    Walked away after starting a job today

    Full price "100" Down only, mess is left as is/ machined out of the way "65" Down and organized "75" Starts as Down Only at 65, add cleanup after, "50" more, "125" total Cleanup, after starting organized "115". Hourly-based pruning jobs can be fuul/ part Cleanup, down-only, or piled a...
  15. southsoundtree

    Petzl Midline Zigzag

    PCTree
  16. southsoundtree

    Walked away after starting a job today

    I encouraged the fire disposal method. One wife one concurs, and wants to rent a mini-x, other wife is anxious. Everything fits in a fire! Gravel and rocks don't matter!
  17. southsoundtree

    Walked away after starting a job today

    How do you mean?
  18. southsoundtree

    Walked away after starting a job today

    People are wacky. People often work work what they "don't want" and what "isn't happening" 75% of the way through a large cottonwood removal, they changed their minds and want to retain it. Wacky. Some people "don't want" to pay for cleanup. They think working in a big mess will make it so...
  19. southsoundtree

    Trail Cam and Wildlife Thread

    1 mile away. A few months ago, 1/4 mile away.

New threads New posts

Back
Top Bottom