Today....

Jzack605

Careful, good conditions to destroy soil structure.

Many have a tendency to pulverize the soil to dust, or in this case, mud.
Thanks. It was mostly the street and myself making clean up a pain. I do my best to avoid “turning” the soil and focus more on “mixing” the amendments in and vertically aerating. Definitely hoping I’m not going around messing up soil structure.

Gorman

I used to use my bucket maybe once a month the first 2 years I bought it. Now, I truly don't remember when I used it the last time. I have to run it every few weeks just to warm it up. I'll have to just sell it one day. one day if i can't climb anymore, i'll buy a track lift.

Always take it on the highway and bring it to operating temp. Just starting it and letting it idle for 10 minutes will cause water to accumulate in the crankcase.

Mark Chisholm

Administrator
Administrator
These pictures popped up on my Google history. They are from the last Masters climb i did in NJ. The climber is actually the beast Bert Kuhn. Was such a fun climb for me and it meant a lot to know that my father had climbed it to help set it up. Thabks Google!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201108-080220_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20201108-080220_Photos.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot_20201108-080241_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20201108-080241_Photos.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 57
  • Screenshot_20201108-080245_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20201108-080245_Photos.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 59

Wrangler

View attachment 71706 View attachment 71707
Finished this damn tree today and had a nice bouncy ride at one point while going down while fully telescoped out...

Learned to move down much more slowly and smoothly.
I find when that happens that clinching your ass cheeks together and curling up your toes inside your boots helps. You can also grab onto the rail but then you don’t look like as much of a cowboy.

rico

It's been awhile since I contributed to this thread..Started a good sized job with a mountainside full of 120ft -160ft Firs with brown rot...Spent the day pounding over back-leaners and swinging side-leaners, and the hinge on this stuff was a cross between a stale graham cracker and decomposing cardboard. Not a lick off moisture or sap in these trees so patience was a must.

IMG_2423.JPG IMG_2422.JPG IMG_2421.JPG IMG_2425.JPG IMG_2424.JPG IMG_2426.JPG
\

Last edited:

Reach

It's been awhile since I contributed to this thread..Started a good sized job with a mountainside full of 130ft -160ft Firs with brown rot...Spent the day pounding over back-leaners and swinging side-leaners, and the hinge on this stuff was a cross between a stale graham cracker and decomposing cardboard. Not a lick off moisture or sap in these trees so patience was a must.

View attachment 71719 View attachment 71720 View attachment 71721 View attachment 71724 View attachment 71725 View attachment 71726
\
Wow. That’s quite a day. And to think, all I did was drop and rake up three 80’ leaning Ash trees. Fifteen minutes to fell, two hours to rake up.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom