Tips and Tricks

This tip brought to you by Derrik Martin....When redirecting a single line, use a munter hitch on the biner. This dosent allow the climbers weight to pull branch unions together or apart. rope then acts like a brace. a definite game changer...allowing you to redirect into much smaller limbs.
Also doesn't side load the carabiner

Tom, I remember seeing your magnet/scabbard idea a long time again! What took you so long to post that great idea. You have others you are holding out on I know like the connector to the rope grab. Thanks again for the seed thought on the adjustable rope bridge. It is a change from my frog walker type system and I have entered the world of bungee but your thought on this has made the transition good.
I put a harbor freight hundred pound magnet on the outside of my scabbard. It not only keeps my handsaw from falling out but if I'm breaking back a big limb in an awkward position I can just slap the saw onto the outside of the scabbard with out looking and it stays put. Once I'm comfortable I can put it back into the scabbard easy peasy

SingleJack

Participating member
Transport Hitch (aka "Voodoo Hitch)
Also, as a safety, it should be 'locked-off' with the tail run back around the anchor and secured to the carabiner nearest the anchor … IMO

Attachments

• TRANSPORT HITCH.png
    TRANSPORT HITCH.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 58

Reach

Been here a while
Transport Hitch (aka "Voodoo Hitch)
Also, as a safety, it should be 'locked-off' with the tail run back around the anchor and secured to the carabiner nearest the anchor … IMO
Hey, I didn’t realize anyone still knew how to do that! I have to find an excuse to set that up, show up the young guys again.

Serf Life

Carpal tunnel level member
And when you’ve got a 6.0, you know all about working on trucks!
Thankfully haven’t had many headaches. I had a shop do a full update with all the bells, whistles, and deletes before I brought it home. Today was trouble shooting lack of turbo and it was just a loose boot, love the easy fixes that a noob like me can figure out.

Standing in the bucket is better than on a 5gal one, plus there is space for tools etc next to you. No fall arrest harness Brocky, but the lift has workers comp...

Reach

Been here a while
Thankfully haven’t had many headaches. I had a shop do a full update with all the bells, whistles, and deletes before I brought it home. Today was trouble shooting lack of turbo and it was just a loose boot, love the easy fixes that a noob like me can figure out.

Standing in the bucket is better than on a 5gal one, plus there is space for tools etc next to you. No fall arrest harness Brocky, but the lift has workers comp...
That’s good. We have one we bought for almost nothing, put $10k under the hood, and that cured all the problems too. Loose/blown turbo boots can be exciting and dramatic, but are very easy to fix.

Dan Cobb

Branched out member
I’m sure a full body harness with shock absorbing lanyard are being used with that mechanical lift.
You're reminding me of when I used to deal with industrial fall prevention and protection. Those situations where you just hit the requirement for fall protection (4 ft for general industry, 6 ft for construction) are really challenging. A self-retracting lifeline is about the only way to keep a worker's head from hitting the ground with such a short fall. A little slack and a shock absorbing lanyard that extends several feet doesn't help much when falling a few feet. Kinda like opening your parachute at 50 ft.

Dan Cobb

Branched out member
When climbing SRT on the Akimbo bring the CT quickroll hand ascender. Attach to your climbing line above the Akimbo and put the running end through the pulley for 3-1 anytime. This is also very convenient for lifting and lowering other lines, pulleys, saws etc...

View attachment 77102
If you're pulling on the eye end of the rope, I believe this is only a 2:1. It looks like a z-rig, but the load and anchor ends are reversed, so you have a 2:1 on the harness at the lower left with a direction change (no mechanical advantage) on the pull line using the pulley on the handled ascender. Please let me know if I'm not looking at it correctly.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo BayLeafDigital
Top Bottom